A thread for SoCal golfers.

im thinking the same thing. As the event gets closer PM me ur number and we'll hook up at the event.
Sounds good!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hey fellas I'm on travel in the area (San Diego) and I'm free tomorrow morning. Any recommendations on where to play and for somewhat cheap? I didn't bring clubs so I have to rent, but not sure how quick a course can accommodate my late notice. Any help is appreciated

Hey fellas I'm on travel in the area (San Diego) and I'm free tomorrow morning. Any recommendations on where to play and for somewhat cheap? I didn't bring clubs so I have to rent, but not sure how quick a course can accommodate my late notice. Any help is appreciated
I played Salt Creek last year, and enjoyed it, and I dont think it was too expensive!

Hey all, I'm pretty new to the forum. Live in Bell Gardens, and I'm a member of Rio Hondo in Downey.

Welcome Rev. While I dont live in SoCal, I do spend a lot of time out there planning THP Events.
There are some great SoCal THPers around.

Another noobie to the forum :wavey:. Local to Simi Valley and my home course is Wood Ranch. I have an outer towner visiting and were looking to playing some new courses. Currently on the list are

Monarch Beach Golf in Dana Point
La Purisima Golf in Lompoc

Anyone been to either course lately? Any recommendations in the OC and/or Santa Barbara area?

Welcome Mike. Glad to have you here.

Welcome Mike. Glad to have you here.

Thanks JB, been lurking for a while. A lot of helpful info on this forum. Looking forward to being more active.

Another newbie here from Burbank. I play the local munis here, mainly De Bell and Griffith Park.

Another newbie here from Burbank. I play the local munis here, mainly De Bell and Griffith Park.

De Bell is a cool little course ive always enjoyed playing. Havnt played Griffith Park in years, last round there I remember cigarette buts everywhere lol.

Another noobie to the forum :wavey:. Local to Simi Valley and my home course is Wood Ranch. I have an outer towner visiting and were looking to playing some new courses. Currently on the list are

Anyone been to either course lately? Any recommendations in the OC and/or Santa Barbara area?

Hey all, I'm pretty new to the forum. Live in Bell Gardens, and I'm a member of Rio Hondo in Downey.

Welcome guys! Plenty of SoCal THPers to grab a round with. Post up when you normally play and where.

^^Thanks Papa.

I usually play on weekends during AM hours. Wood Ranch is my home course, but I also frequent are Rustic Canyon, Simi Hills, Tierra Rejada, Knolwood.

Welcome guys! Plenty of SoCal THPers to grab a round with. Post up when you normally play and where.

I usually play the Saturday morning Men's Club rabbit game at De Bell. Also at least once a month my girlfriend and I are playing different courses throughout the LA area.

De Bell is a cool little course ive always enjoyed playing. Havnt played Griffith Park in years, last round there I remember cigarette buts everywhere lol.

Griffith Park held up pretty well over the dry summer. Greens can get a little beat up with folks not fixing their ball marks. Nice courses with some decent challenges.

Welcome to THP. Some of my favorite OC courses are...

Monarch Beach
Pelican Hill
Coyote Hills
Strawberry Farms
Black Gold

If you're willing to venture a little further inland I highly recommend...
Oak Quarry in Riverside
Cross Creek in Temecula
The Journey at Pechanga in Temecula
Or Goose Creek in Riverside

Last edited:
Griffith Park held up pretty well over the dry summer. Greens can get a little beat up with folks not fixing their ball marks. Nice courses with some decent challenges.

Thats a course I've been wanting to come down and play.

Check out Sandpiper just north of Santa Barbara. I was happy with that course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome. I played there a few months back, nice course, actually shot my best of last year there.

^^Thanks Papa.

I usually play on weekends during AM hours. Wood Ranch is my home course, but I also frequent are Rustic Canyon, Simi Hills, Tierra Rejada, Knolwood.

Rustic is a nice course, haven't played there in a while though.

Last time I played on harding, was windy as hell, but not a bad course.

I usually play encino/balboa or woodley lakes munis on this side of the hill sometimes hanson dam, which is also decent, and go over the hill to play rancho park more often since my dad and brother live closer to rancho.

I do get the occasional game in at a local club, I've played calabasas cc and braemar. Also enjoyed playing malibu several times, though too bad its gone.

Angeles National is pricey, but its a nice course.

Hey Mike! Im a Thousand Oaks Resident myself! If you get a chance in SB, I would try to play Sandpiper!

La purisima is my home course. It's in good shape right now and is a great test of golf. Not a country club, cart paths are lacking most are dirt. Greens are wonderful and all but the 2nd fairway are in great shape. LP is one of the best deals around. It will be tough in the afternoon it's almost always windy there.

Sandpiper is also very good. It's been about a year since I've played there. Views are amazing and the layout is good.

Welcome to THP. Some of my favorite OC courses are...

Monarch Beach
Pelican Hill
Coyote Hills
Strawberry Farms
Black Gold

If you're willing to venture a little further inland I highly recommend...
Oak Quarry in Riverside
Cross Creek in Temecula
The Journey at Pechanga in Temecula
Or Goose Creek in Riverside

Check out Sandpiper just north of Santa Barbara. I was happy with that course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rustic is a nice course, haven't played there in a while though.

Hey Mike! Im a Thousand Oaks Resident myself! If you get a chance in SB, I would try to play Sandpiper!

La purisima is my home course. It's in good shape right now and is a great test of golf. Not a country club, cart paths are lacking most are dirt. Greens are wonderful and all but the 2nd fairway are in great shape. LP is one of the best deals around. It will be tough in the afternoon it's almost always windy there.

Sandpiper is also very good. It's been about a year since I've played there. Views are amazing and the layout is good.

Thanks for all the posts and suggestions everyone. Cant believe ive never heard of Sandpiper, the pictures look very nice.

Thanks for all the posts and suggestions everyone. Cant believe ive never heard of Sandpiper, the pictures look very nice.

It is very nice! We try to keep it a secret so there's more tee times for us.

I honestly think its as good or even better than Torrey pines. Torrey has the prestige of US opens and tour events, but sandpiper has more ocean holes and a little more elevation change the TP south. Its also a lot cheaper and easier to get a tee time.

Back