THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

Pretty good, could've been better, the greens were still aerated which made anything on the green just a guess. Had a couple suspect flyers, like a lay up 5i that still found the hazard, or a sand wedge that went 15 yards farther than normal. But I'll take it for March golf.

#JspangsLong

#JspangsLong

Oh ya, #jspangslong is like hitting a par 5 in 2, then rolling the eagle putt 12 feet past leading to a 3 putt par.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got out to play with Certif_able. Played match play for 18 holes and I closed him out 5-4. It was a little slow out there so him and I played a second ball as alternate shot for 18 holes. Our Alternate shot ball scored a 41/41! #FrogCanPutt! Had a bunch of real nice 100 yard shots throwing darts. Like this one to 4" in AS to give Certifi_able a great look at birdie.

8400e5feac4c91308b94a3074467c1d2.jpg

Got out to play with Certif_able. Played match play for 18 holes and I closed him out 5-4. It was a little slow out there so him and I played a second ball as alternate shot for 18 holes. Our Alternate shot ball scored a 41/41! #FrogCanPutt! Had a bunch of real nice 100 yard shots throwing darts. Like this one to 4" in AS to give Certifi_able a great look at birdie.

8400e5feac4c91308b94a3074467c1d2.jpg
And Hell yes I made the putt

I just got in the door. Had a great time playing with Bullfrog. His putter was on fire. My game was hot and cold. The short game let me down today while the tee ball was pretty good. The short game will be ready for RR NO problem.

Front wasn't bad.. Lots of rust. Played in an absolute swamp on the back 9 today.. Still better than looking at snow... Struck some nice irons, pitches and chips pretty good for soft conditions..Driver was all carry no roll. Got wild at the end.. Legs were done walking in the bogg. Short game saved me on the back.. Played the wrong tees today for the conditions ... Hopefully spring has sprung.. Get on them clocks tonight.. Gain an hour of light next week for prep!!!

Range time went well today. That's now 3 range sessions this year, I'm ready to hit the course soon. Very soon.

And Hell yes I made the putt

I just got in the door. Had a great time playing with Bullfrog. His putter was on fire. My game was hot and cold. The short game let me down today while the tee ball was pretty good. The short game will be ready for RR NO problem.

Dude we shot 41/41 in AS. That's respectable!

Oh ya, #jspangslong is like hitting a par 5 in 2, then rolling the eagle putt 12 feet past leading to a 3 putt par.

Didn't realize you were watching me on #8

How did everyone fare today?

I caught some bad breaks, couldn't get out of my way a couple holes.
I lost to PhillyV in a match play Callout.

I persevered through some bad holes and was at one time 4 down. I fought back to 1 down on a couple occasions, but just couldn't make the shots today.
I struggle in muck, and it was mucky!

I will get better!
I view this as a continuing learning process for me.

I caught some bad breaks, couldn't get out of my way a couple holes.
I lost to PhillyV in a match play Callout.

I persevered through some bad holes and was at one time 4 down. I fought back to 1 down on a couple occasions, but just couldn't make the shots today.
I struggle in muck, and it was mucky!

I will get better!
I view this as a continuing learning process for me.

Dude I gotta give it to you, Phil has been playing some crazy good golf lately, and you took him to 16 playing from the blacks. Hell of a good fight. You'll be a tough match up for this come time for the event.

But yes it was also mucky as all get out haha

I also want to say this, I got the chance to meet a few THP'ers that I have not met All seemed like OK guys from "Pajamagram!!!!" Ben to Pinslayer and his stupid Effin sign.
I enjoyed the round with Hickerad and the dude bombs the ball!

The Ohio representation and support will be strong in this event!

I still hate Ohio though, and the random guys who throw balls.....

Dude I gotta give it to you, Phil has been playing some crazy good golf lately, and you took him to 16 playing from the blacks. Hell of a good fight. You'll be a tough match up for this come time for the event.

But yes it was also mucky as all get out haha

Thank you sir!
I had a rough stretch on like 4-7 that I was out of it mentally and physically.
I wouldn't let myself get beaten like this, I wanted to make my opponent beat me.
Phil did just that, I tried to fight back, but those holes I think did me in.
It was a learning experience for sure!

BTW can I request Ntanygd's screen name be change to Pajamagram?

Lol

How did everyone fare today?

Had a decent round. Driver was giving me fits like normal. Missed a few birdie putts (I blame march greens). 46/41

I believe the pajamagram heckle was causing me to keep laughing the whole way down #1. I made triple....thanks for that. My brother in law referred to Ben as "Zach Galafanakis, in charcuterie." Nice to finally meet you CJ and I'm glad you enjoyed your Ohio welcoming gifts!

Looking forward to doing it again soon. Way to hold that match close btw. "Mucky" is an understatement.

Didn't realize you were watching me on #8

I'm glad I'm not the only one. The sad part is I was playing really good golf, that could've easily been a round in the 70s, but just made dumb mistakes

Glad a lot of participants are getting out and experiencing some more match play situations. And even better spreading it around on the forum.

BTW can I request Ntanygd's screen name be change to Pajamagram?

Lol
I can get behind that, me and mornings don't get along well and I consider 12:30 pm morning.

I believe the pajamagram heckle was causing me to keep laughing the whole way down #1. I made triple....thanks for that. My brother in law referred to Ben as "Zach Galafanakis, in charcuterie." Nice to finally meet you CJ and I'm glad you enjoyed your Ohio welcoming gifts!

Looking forward to doing it again soon. Way to hold that match close btw. "Mucky" is an understatement.

I like this one better though.

Only 3 months to go! Exciting to see a bunch of you actually out and playing already!

Only 3 months to go! Exciting to see a bunch of you actually out and playing already!

My goal was to have at least 30 rounds in by RR and I had a good first week of 72 holes helping to reach that goal.

It's early, the rounds have not been as good as I would hope, but its early, and all early season golf is good golf!

It's early, the rounds have not been as good as I would hope, but its early, and all early season golf is good golf!

Man you still probably have a snow pile at the end of your driveway. It will come and the scores will drop.

Back