Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it I can get up at 4:20 on Saturday to go golfing but can't get up at 6am to goto work? :bulgy-eyes:

Why is it I can get up at 4:20 on Saturday to go golfing but can't get up at 6am to goto work? :bulgy-eyes:

For the same reason I can eat a pound of crab legs when I am hungry but have no interest in eating even one brussell sprout or cabbage in any form even if I was starving.

It's funny, I have kind of a similar problem. When my alarm goes off during the week, I wake up, and I have to be very careful to get up quickly, because if I put my head back down again, I'm gone. On the weekend when I have nothing to do, I wake up at the same time as my alarm goes off, but this time I can't get back to sleep for love nor money.

If I have an early tee time on the weekend - I have to put a post-it on my alarm clock with the reason why the alarm is going off early. Otherwise, I think it went off in error and I turn it off and go back to sleep.

What happened GG?

Long story, but basically my problem is that I do not know how to say 'no'. I am somewhat of a people pleaser and hate it when people are mad at me or dislike me, so I do things I don't always want to do in order to protect others feelings rather than just saying what is on my mind. I am not a fan of conflict :at-wits-end:

Long story, but basically my problem is that I do not know how to say 'no'. I am somewhat of a people pleaser and hate it when people are mad at me or dislike me, so I do things I don't always want to do in order to protect others feelings rather than just saying what is on my mind. I am not a fan of conflict :at-wits-end:

I understand - I hate when people are mad at me or dislike me too. It goes with being a woman. You'll get better at saying no as you get older.

I understand - I hate when people are mad at me or dislike me too. It goes with being a woman. You'll get better at saying no as you get older.

That's what everyone tells me. Most of the socialize with on a daily basis are older than me and they always tell me the same thing, that I will get better and more assertive as I get older.

That's what everyone tells me. Most of the socialize with on a daily basis are older than me and they always tell me the same thing, that I will get better and more assertive as I get older.

You will age like a fine wine. Or in your case "whine". hehe.:beat-up:

I remember this quote from a female college professor. It is "people who, with in the boundaries of the law, who worry about what other think, are cheating themselves out of their preferred life style." Sounded good back then, and probably still works. :D

My attitude towards others has always been basically "screw you". I will bend over backwards to help a friend but if I end up getting hosed in the end...then it's screw you. And I don't live my life to please anyone but myself. Sounds selfish but you only get 1 shot at it & may as well make the most of it.

My attitude towards others has always been basically "screw you". I will bend over backwards to help a friend but if I end up getting hosed in the end...then it's screw you. And I don't live my life to please anyone but myself. Sounds selfish but you only get 1 shot at it & may as well make the most of it.

Dyna - I'd like to thank you. I've had some not so good stuff going on for the past month, but you manage to crack me up every day - just by being yourself.

For my junior year I decided to go back to 'traditional school' and my English teacher is THE WORST! I was seconds away from falling asleep in her class today. She literally talked for and hour and twenty minutes straight.

Last edited:
For my junior year I decieded to go back to 'traditional school' and my English teacher ins THE WORSE WORST! I was seconds away from falling asleep in her class today. She literally talked for and hour and twenty minutes straight.

oh dear.

What did I tell your Harry? She's the worst! :banghead:

Thanks for pointing those out, I wasn't paying that good of attention when I typed that, and I'm still half asleep from her class.

What did I tell your Harry? She's the worst! :banghead:

Thanks for pointing those out, I wasn't paying that good of attention when I typed that, and I'm still half asleep from her class.

Uh, Sweetie--it's not getting any better. How about, "I wasn't paying much attention."

Uh, Sweetie--it's not getting any better. How about, "I wasn't paying much attention."

I hate English class, and I'm terrible at English, my worst subject. I have grammar mistakes and stuff all the time.

Oh and I shall reiterate, :banghead:

I always hated English class too. However, now that I see how bay my grammer is and that I really do need to use it in my everyday life, I really wish I had paid more attention. I am actually thinking about going back to school or at least taking some night coures and majoring in English so I can learn it all over again.

It took forever to get to work today. I got stuck behind a old guy in the canyon. Then on the home stretch I had to deal with all the Tour De France people. When did it become ok to ride in packs of 100 and block city streets during rush hour.
Spoiler
This is a little sample, they must of been the lead pack.
IMG00030-20090911-0752.jpg

I think I'm a jinx - it poured the day I went to the US Open Golf, it rained the day I went to the Barclays and it's going to rain tomorrow - the day I have tickets for the US Open Tennis. Oh - it also rained last year on the day I had US Open Tennis tickets.

You aren't allowed to go to the THP outing when it happens Diane!

It took forever to get to work today. I got stuck behind a old guy in the canyon. Then on the home stretch I had to deal with all the Tour De France people. When did it become ok to ride in packs of 100 and block city streets during rush hour.
Spoiler
This is a little sample, they must of been the lead pack.
IMG00030-20090911-0752.jpg

Tucson looks like that every day. I have never seen so many cyclists anywhere else. Most of the major streets have "bike lanes" which at least keeps the bloody patches in a line instead of spread out across the entire street.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back