Right there with ya JJ!

JM

I don't have handicap goals for this next year, though I would like one round under par (I can't let Nate be the only one). Not participating in a THP event this year was a bummer.

#1 goal is to break 90 and consistently play in the low 90s. I also want to play a new course every two weeks to gain experience playing under different conditions. I recently installed a hitting cage in my garage and really want to groove my swing now thru spring.

#1 goal is to break 90 and consistently play in the low 90s. I also want to play a new course every two weeks to gain experience playing under different conditions. I recently installed a hitting cage in my garage and really want to groove my swing now thru spring.

I love that second part of the plan. Solid.

Get a little better, have fun, play in 4 THP events.

My plans are always the same

To "try" to get better at golf
Play it as much as life allows me to
To always try to enjoy it when I do play

Lessons
Reduce Index from 16 to 11
Want my typical score to be 81-85 consistently
Win lots of events
Have fun

No "planned" equipment changes for me next year, but you know that goes sometimes. I'm going to work on better ball striking and getting better with said equipment. Add in a touch of better course management.

And I might add a few THP events.

Main goals for 2016 are:
- Play more golf
- Attend at least one THP event
- Continue the search for a new 3wd
- Tinker with club building, grip installing and repair
- Complete a full bag fitting and either adjust my current clubs to the new specs or build new clubs to the specs

#1 goal is to continue working on fitness and seeing it through this time - too much starting and stopping the last couple of years.
#2 goal is to play in as many THP events as I can.
#3 Continue with the lessons and working to where we want my swing to be.

Last edited:
Strike it better off the tee. Play in a THP event. Get down to a 12. Play a round with my son. Have more fun.

Only thing I'm planning on in 2016 is Branson. I'd love to get in at least one THP event, but with as popular as those are they are tough to get in. Probably less golf with a third kid on the way.

Goals for 2016:

1) Get my HDCP down to 12 (just about reached my goal for this year which was down to a 15)
2) Get some lessons
3) Play in more THP events
4) Take a trip somewhere just for golf (Florida or South Carolina maybe?)

Improve my game. Add some lessons. Play some new courses. Starting in march with a trip to Alicante, Spain. Hopefully be happy with my current set up. Play more tournaments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only really got back into Golf in the late summer after a 15 year hiatus. I've been practicing on the range A LOT and so far, have only played 27 holes of golf. My goal in 2016 is to play more actual rounds of golf and put together an actual handicap.

Ultimately, I want to have a lot of fun, and hope to bond with my kids on the course. My older two are really taking to the game, so hopefully they will continue to enjoy the game and also to encourage the youngest (she's 6) to pick up a club. I'm grateful to have found the game again and more grateful that it is something that I can enjoy with my kids.

I'm also really hoping to get to a THP event (or two, or three or...lol) and meet everyone. More golf the better!

I plan on playing at least the same amount of golf as this year but it may be harder with the first born coming this spring. I really want to attend another/more THP events, if they fit the schedule I will be going for it!
This year was produced the most consistent golf I have ever played, but I never really went out of the normal low or anything. In 2016 I would like to Break 80 a couple times and maybe get close to single digit. I know its possible I just need work on a few things. A lesson or two will be seriously contemplated next spring if I feel progress is stalling.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

reach a 5 Handicap (my lofty goal).
Shoot par on at least 9 holes.
Break current PB of +5
Play in some THP events. Got 5 this year but not sure I can swing that many in 2016. Hopefully at least 2.

My goal is to have fun in 2016. I hope to play in at least one THP event. If I do my handicap should continue to decrease, because they are great motivation to improve your game.
Equipment wise: I've been contemplating new irons for a few years now, but spending money on green fees always seems to take priority.

This is a really interesting question for me. Since I will be working in the industry for the first time. My main goal is to learn as much as I can about my compnay, my course, my customers and how to make the coirse successful.

Second biggest goal will be to try and work in at least two THP events, because trust me one THP Official Evemt a year is not nearly enough.

Beyond that I expect to have access to regular instruction, practice and playing chances in order to improve.

1. Successfully plan my guys golf trip with my closest friends for next spring. Signs pointing to Hilton Head.
2. Make my club's Langford Cup team.
3. Play > 50 rounds.
4. Take my daughter out to the course at least 5 times.

Going to keep work on hitting the ball consistent. Slight draws and fades are fine, but no more shots that go 20-30 yards off line. Also, I'm getting a membership to the local par-3 course to work on my game from 175 and in. Also, that'll get me on the course at least 3x/week which is something I really like the idea of. Other than that, I want to start carding in the high 70's for 2016. Finally, equipment wise, I'd like to get all my clubs fit for me.

Spent most of my golf time in 2015 working on my swing and replacing every club in my bag. Goal for 2016 is to get out on the course more often and put it all together. Should be a great year!

Scratch or better

Get into another THP Event this year.

Get down to single digit handicap. 9.9 counts as far as I'm concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back