The 2015-16 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is calling the defense for UGA?

He's trying his hardest to hand this away.

It was our ILC - we only had like 2 coaches the rest were GAs.

What a terrible second half for Georgia, seemed like a microcosm of their season.

And yet they are 10-3, lol.

It was out ILC - we only had like 2 coaches the rest were GAs.
I don't think you have to worry about him leaving for a coordinator job anytime soon.

And yet they are 10-3, lol.
Lol that's my point. Look dominate earlier, then play like poop but finish with a win(winning season) anyway.

Eek, nothing like a backup QB trying to run the 2 minute drill.

Yeah, I kind of wish our FG kicker had not been hurt either or the miss by the back up would have made the game boring, or even the FG on 4th and 2 at the end would have been a game winner. That's what injuries do, they impact both teams and the score.

Go Dawgs!

Lol that's my point. Look dominate earlier, then play like poop but finish with a win(winning season) anyway.

And everyone wonders why we let Richt go, would you have kept him? Not me.

And everyone wonders why we let Richt go, would you have kept him? Not me.
I had been saying to dump him for two years. It's a gamble but if you want championships it had to happen.

I'd like to see Bill Snyder hand it to Burt

I don't think you have to worry about him leaving for a coordinator job anytime soon.

All coaches don't move up, there are tons of lifetime position coaches, I think he will be one of those. But he did as well as BOOM did for y'all this year.

KSU vs Arky looks like it could be a shoot out game for sure.

Not looking too good for that Arkansas player, rolled out on the stretcher.

Wonder if Christian Hackenberg will come back for his senior year. I really don't think this is the note he wants to head into the draft on.

Wonder if Christian Hackenberg will come back for his senior year. I really don't think this is the note he wants to head into the draft on.
He already declared immediately after the game

He already declared immediately after the game
Didn't see that. Don't think he would do that unless he's already been in contact someone who says he'll get picked up.

Quick question for the Georgia fans, does it bother you guys that Kirby Smart has technically been the head coach of Georgia for almost a month now yet he is still coaching in recruiting for Alabama? Read an article earlier I was talking about the dynamics of that and thought it was pretty interesting

Didn't see that. Don't think he would do that unless he's already been in contact someone who says he'll get picked up.
I think he was tired of getting hit every third play. I don't see him performing significantly better without better protection, and no sign he would get it next year.

Well, at least the games are a little more entertaining today

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I don't like that the Kansas st. Mascot has a wildcat head, but bare, human hands and arms... couldn't the school spring for a full outfit?

Quick question for the Georgia fans, does it bother you guys that Kirby Smart has technically been the head coach of Georgia for almost a month now yet he is still coaching in recruiting for Alabama? Read an article earlier I was talking about the dynamics of that and thought it was pretty interesting

It's weird.

Sometimes they are gone ASAP and other times not. Herman coached the entire CFP last year even though he was already announced as Houston's head coach.

I guess the difference would be the schools are so close and fight over recruits.

Nope, it is the dead period so he can't contact anyone who has not signed a financial aid agreement. He has 3 guys who have and he can stay in contact with them. All of the kids stay in touch with each other and the dynamic among potential recruits is very positive that Kirby is now the head coach. I would rather he be in Athens but he felt that he owed it to the kids he recruited to Bama to stay with them to the end. Not a real biggie IYAM.

I did a slight FIFY as he certainly is not recruiting for Alabama. Saban does not allow him to attend any recruiting meetings.

Nope, it is the dead period so he can't contact anyone who has not signed a financial aid agreement. He has 3 guys who have and he can stay in contact with them. All of the kids stay in touch with each other and the dynamic among potential recruits is very positive that Kirby is now the head coach. I would rather he be in Athens but he felt that he owed it to the kids he recruited to Bama to stay with them to the end. Not a real biggie IYAM.

I did a slight FIFY as he certainly is not recruiting for Alabama. Saban does not allow him to attend any recruiting meetings.

Well winning a NC is a pretty good recruiting trip =D

I don't like that the Kansas st. Mascot has a wildcat head, but bare, human hands and arms... couldn't the school spring for a full outfit?

It did look weird and his neck showing between the head and shoulder pads was the worse look ever IMO.

Well winning a NC is a pretty good recruiting trip =D

So you think he is doing the wrong thing? I think Bama wins either way but he actually had more "air" time on NYE than Saban during the game. The announcers praised his D and mentioned UGA a lot. Not bad. Bama gets who they get and UGA gets who they get, we fans are excited to at least have a change. Kirby could fall flat or he could succeed but Coach Richt had definitely peaked (granted many teams would like to win 9.5 games per year for 15 years) and if we want to strive for more it was time for him to move on. It will rejuvenate Coach Richt and if Coach Smart doesn't work out we are no worse for it.

So you think he is doing the wrong thing? I think Bama wins either way but he actually had more "air" time on NYE than Saban during the game. The announcers praised his D and mentioned UGA a lot. Not bad. Bama gets who they get and UGA gets who they get, we fans are excited to at least have a change. Kirby could fall flat or he could succeed but Coach Richt had definitely peaked (granted many teams would like to win 9.5 games per year for 15 years) and if we want to strive for more it was time for him to move on. It will rejuvenate Coach Richt and if Coach Smart doesn't work out we are no worse for it.

Nope I don't know if we win last year without Herman staying around =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back