T.P. Mills Anvil Series "Ming" THP Putter Demo Thread

A few things of note:

There will be both stainless and carbon steel versions of each putter. The Ming displayed is carbon and the production models will have deeper engravings.
The painfill on the sole will match the cover. The TP Millls in the cavity will be filled white.
The production covers are black, the white is 1/100 we did for fun.

I hope everyone enjoys their demo time with the putter. I have decided to extend the demo window to two weekends to help everyone get comfortable with the product.

It is fine to adjust the lie, please just return it to std before shipping it on. Loft should be 4 degree's. Please do not change the grip.

If you have any questions or concerns, please email me anytime.

Thanks
Craig

you mean I get MORE time with this beauty? wow

A few things of note:

There will be both stainless and carbon steel versions of each putter. The Ming displayed is carbon and the production models will have deeper engravings.
The painfill on the sole will match the cover. The TP Millls in the cavity will be filled white.
The production covers are black, the white is 1/100 we did for fun.

I hope everyone enjoys their demo time with the putter. I have decided to extend the demo window to two weekends to help everyone get comfortable with the product.

It is fine to adjust the lie, please just return it to std before shipping it on. Loft should be 4 degree's. Please do not change the grip.

If you have any questions or concerns, please email me anytime.

Thanks
Craig

wow thats good stuff captain! I think the White Headcover looks amazing(will look even better when we sign it). Thanks again for allowing us the opportunity to test this putter out.

No promises that I will be able to part with it at the end of 2 weeks, lol.

Hey aggro, don't be greedy.........two weekends not two weeks!!! LOL

LOL, oops! Misread of the year. Someone would be very angry at me, lol.

Not sure anyone would be angry, it's a good looking stick and may be very difficult to part with!!

Not sure anyone would be angry, it's a good looking stick and may be very difficult to part with!!

Trust me, I can honestly say it will be for all of us.

(P.S....its actually sitting here in my classroom with me right now, didn't wanna leave it in the car brfore getting to play after school today lol)

who ever follows me is gonna be happy cuz my Weekends (days off) are wednesday and Thursdays so they're gonna get it a little sooner than they expected.

Only going to get to 43 today, they were way off. I think I'm still going to go walk though, I really want to get as many holes as possible in with this.

All I can say is WOW! Simply beautiful.

Cool putter. I would like to see a more aggressive clean milling on the face, but still very nice.

Cool putter. I would like to see a more aggressive clean milling on the face, but still very nice.

I'm thinking the milling looks cleaner in person than in these pics. I can't wait to see for myself.

The milling looks great to me sitting here in hand. T.P. Mills always has had unique milling though, look at my tradition II pics I posted compared to it earlier.

Got two rounds on it the last two days, going for at least 9 today. Will do a big writeup tomorrow for sure. I'm digging it alot, just not a plumber's neck guy and it makes me sad.

Jman,

I both like face milling and the fact that there are not so many heavy machine marks on the rest of the putter head. I am not sure that I am that thrilled about heavy machine tool marks on high end putters. Nice to see a high end putter that has been machined carefully and finished just as carefully.

Jman,

I both like face milling and the fact that there are not so many heavy machine marks on the rest of the putter head. I am not sure that I am that thrilled about heavy machine tool marks on high end putters. Nice to see a high end putter that has been machined carefully and finished just as carefully.

I know what you mean, on some putters the marks aren't as bad but I have seen a few where they were overwhelming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im glad I got in on this. That putter looks amazing!

I have three rounds in on this gem and my full writeup of thoughts are on their way soon but I can safely day I love the sound a Mills makes, love love love. Its a click but for me personally I cannot put it fully into words. I cannot wait for some of you plumbers neck guys to give it a whirl.

I'm likely to send it out a but early as I should have 6 rounds on it by Friday, will keep all posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMAN, How is the finish holding up after these rounds? any show of wear?

JMAN, How is the finish holding up after these rounds? any show of wear?

Not that I've noticed, and the greens were wet on two days. Of course I'm OCD with my putters let alone someone elses so I've been pretty anal about keeping it dry and sand free before going in the cover.

I have three rounds in on this gem and my full writeup of thoughts are on their way soon but I can safely day I love the sound a Mills makes, love love love. Its a click but for me personally I cannot put it fully into words. I cannot wait for some of you plumbers neck guys to give it a whirl.

I'm likely to send it out a but early as I should have 6 rounds on it by Friday, will keep all posted.

That is my plan too Jman, I am retired and should have it out on the course at least 5 of 7 days weather permitting, so I see no reason to keep it from moving on in a timely fashion. Looking forward to seeing the Ming up close and feeling how it rolls.

This is more a question for Craig I guess, but does anyone know the plan for where the putter goes next. I'd like to arrange my schedule to allow as much time on the course when it's my turn with the putter.

This is more a question for Craig I guess, but does anyone know the plan for where the putter goes next. I'd like to arrange my schedule to allow as much time on the course when it's my turn with the putter.

agreed, it would be good to know when it's coming to you, so you could plan ahead!

I will post the list in order, excluding ship dates to help. It is impossible to predict the exact date when you will get it because some members may ship it early. This should help you know how far out you are.

If you have any questions, shoot me an email.

craig@tpmillsputters.com

Looking at where Jman is located, if it heads east then it might have to travel all the way around the world before it gets to me. If it heads west towards California then I'm gonna start to get excited.

Back