DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really do want to join up for Sunday too, but need to check with the family on that. I should be able to get an answer by later tonight.

Thanks Aaron and Andrew. Had a blast today. I need to Thank ranchonodinero also, because we played Crown Valley today and had a good time. Course is a liitle rough, but really was fun to play. And the greens were in pretty good shape. Impressed. I will definitely be heading back out that way again.

Thanks Aaron and Andrew. Had a blast today. I need to Thank ranchonodinero also, because we played Crown Valley today and had a good time. Course is a liitle rough, but really was fun to play. And the greens were in pretty good shape. Impressed. I will definitely be heading back out that way again.

I was really suprised with this course. It is a little rough like you said, but for $18 it was an awesome course. I have paid much more than that and the courses were in worse shape. 10mins from my apt. I think I just found my new home course. Too bad they are only open from Thurs.-Sun.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

I was really suprised with this course. It is a little rough like you said, but for $18 it was an awesome course. I have paid much more than that and the courses were in worse shape. 10mins from my apt. I think I just found my new home course. Too bad they are only open from Thurs.-Sun.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Where is this one?

Where is this one?

It is north on Mikus rd. First right all the way till you see the clubhouse on the left. The mexican restaurant los vaqueros west is pretty good too. Look up crown valley golf club and you should be able to find it. Not that hard to get there.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

It is north on Mikus rd. First right all the way till you see the clubhouse on the left. The mexican restaurant los vaqueros west is pretty good too. Look up crown valley golf club and you should be able to find it. Not that hard to get there.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Weather ford is like a 3 day drive from here. Might have to schedule some calls out that way & give it a look.

Getting everything into one post for ease of reference:

Saturday (8/10) tee times made.
7:07AM, 7:15AM, 7:22AM
Pecan Valley - River course (Fort Worth)
$28 walking

1) Cookie
2) Jman
3) Barberakb
4) niteowl03
5) Matthew
6) afwcardinal
7) Capt. Dru
8) Shane.Hensley
9) TBT
10) Easy8

Sunday (8/11)
Around 7AM - tee time not made yet
Prairie Lakes (Grand Prairie)

1) Cookie
2) JMan
3) niteowl03
4) TBT

Also - I am completely up for playing somewhere else Sunday. Prairie Lakes doesn't start accepting tee times until Wednesday and I must ensure that we tee off early so I'm a bit hesitant waiting until Wednesday to book a time to play somewhere. The city of FW courses are already booking online so not opposed to playing one of those besides the PV River course.

EDIT: added TBT above to Sunday. TBT and Jman will be crashing at my place next weekend and we will be back here to watch MC coverage in the afternoons. If ANYONE wants to join us for a little watching party, you are more than welcome! Still open for ideas for Sundays round also.

This is me playing our round today. See the blutooth headset in my ear. That is why my round was not great today. Wife and daughter were trying to come back from NC this afternoon and their flight got cancelled. I was back and forth on the phone with them and online on my phone, trying to get them a flight home. Could not fully concetrate on the round. But it was still a very fun round today. Again, thanks guys. Looking forward to next weekend. And, for your knowledge Andrew, they made the 3:55 flight. How, I don't know.

Can't wait! Should be an amazing time....Golf with lots of THPer's and then a MC watching party....HELL YEAH!

Glad to hear you guys had fun. I live about a mile from split rail and accidentally found Crown valley while we eating at the little texmex place-eat in the bar as the service is better. I sure hope crown can make a go of it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Glad to hear you guys had fun. I live about a mile from split rail and accidentally found Crown valley while we eating at the little texmex place-eat in the bar as the service is better. I sure hope crown can make a go of it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I hope they can make it too. I can tell you there was a line of folks in there at 8 this morning and they all had tee times. The lady working the counter said they are usually booke up until 11 or noon every weekend, but it really dies off in the afternoon.

You guys have a blast next weekend! Will be looking for good pics and updates!

Sunday addition below.

$28 walking

1) Cookie
2) Jman
3) Barberakb
4) niteowl03
5) Matthew
6) afwcardinal
7) Capt. Dru
8) Shane.Hensley
9) TBT
10) Easy8

Sunday (8/11)
Around 7AM - tee time not made yet
Prairie Lakes (Grand Prairie)

1) Cookie
2) JMan
3) niteowl03
4) TBT
5) afwcardinal

Also - I am completely up for playing somewhere else Sunday. Prairie Lakes doesn't start accepting tee times until Wednesday and I must ensure that we tee off early so I'm a bit hesitant waiting until Wednesday to book a time to play somewhere. The city of FW courses are already booking online so not opposed to playing one of those besides the PV River course.

EDIT: added TBT above to Sunday. TBT and Jman will be crashing at my place next weekend and we will be back here to watch MC coverage in the afternoons. If ANYONE wants to join us for a little watching party, you are more than welcome! Still open for ideas for Sundays round also.

I am officially 100% wife approved for this.

I am officially 100% wife approved for this.

Im not but I'm going anyway...

Also playing Glenn Garden tomorrow with my Dad. Never been there but atleast its cheap. $22 to ride.

Im not but I'm going anyway...

Also playing Glenn Garden tomorrow with my Dad. Never been there but atleast its cheap. $22 to ride.

Being that the only time I get to see the Doc is on the weekends because of Residency, I find it best to ask.

Wish you were going to be there to join us buddy!!

Doc is awesome!

She's pretty badass. I said Cookie and Tim and she said OK. You two have pull.

Being that the only time I get to see the Doc is on the weekends because of Residency, I find it best to ask.

She's pretty badass. I said Cookie and Tim and she said OK. You two have pull.

Just imagine what you could have gotten if Jake was gonna be here :D

Added Sunday course info below. Still going to try for Prairie Lakes Sunday so Meadowbrook is a fallback plan. Would like to get 2 or 3 more for Sunday!!

$28 walking

1) Cookie
2) Jman
3) Barberakb
4) niteowl03
5) Matthew
6) afwcardinal
7) Capt. Dru
8) Shane.Hensley
9) TBT
10) Easy8

Sunday (8/11)
7:22AM & 7:30AM
Meadowbrook golf course (Fort Worth)
$25 walking

1) Cookie
2) JMan
3) niteowl03
4) TBT
5) afwcardinal

TBT and Jman will be crashing at my place next weekend and we will be back here to watch MC coverage in the afternoons. If ANYONE wants to join us for a little watching party, you are more than welcome! Still open for ideas for Sundays round also.

Let me ask this. Any from out of town & where staying. .I know Jmancookie plans. .sort of

tappin from my big as note2

Anyone heard from our friend Jank? With TBT coming in I figuredbit was only a matter of time

bulldog: Jman and TBT are crashing at my place so I am out of room at this point. All are welcome to watch MC coverage if they want but just full as far as sleeping there goes. Not aware of anyone else coming in from out of town at this point.

I know that Threeboysdad is hoping to be back in town for this and has opened his doors for THP'ers as well in the past! Hoping you can make it work man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back