Callaway Razr X Tour Irons

Stuck in a golfsmith for several hours while getting my car serviced. Hit a ton of stuff, have to say this thing just works.

Loved the feel at impact, I think cally really did a good job here

whoa. whoa. whoa. They are cast. Being buttery defies logic....
oh hell...good point!

Great videos guys. One-T, I want to borrow one of the RXTs to hit a few with on Media Day. Awesome looking sticks.

You are more than welcome buddy, but I get to hit yours...hehe

I played a full round tonight with the clubs …. I am sold, satisfied with my purchase and real excited to get everything dialed in.

In the back of my mind I have been getting a little anxious that the clubs had taken 2 two weeks longer to get here than I had anticipated. One, because I enjoy the instant gratification of purchasing new toys and two , the club championship is coming fast and I have to get confident with these new sticks.

Well I can now easily say I am gaining the confidence. I shot a 78 with a bogey, double, bogey finish. The new clubs are going to be filling in nicely.

A quick note about the finish. This was on the notoriously punishing holes of the Hazelwood 9 AKA Hazardwood, Hazardrock , and a few I will spare the women and children from. The two bogeys were 3 putts one due to miss-clubbing on the low side. the double was an alignment timing issue so the newness of the the irons had a small part to play but I will take 90% of the blame.

Ok on to the rest of the round.

New distances - while I think I could get 1.5 clubs longer I think I will play for 1 just to not be jumping on every shot. So this is great , I confidence that I have the longer shots back in the bag that have not been there over that last 2 years.

Confidence at address … they are already feeling familiar and like my clubs

Timing - by this I mean the last fractions of second before contact when you square the club up , I am finding I am just a little slow and I am "fanning" the shot a touch. This I know will take a little bit and I just need to focus on that. It also means I don't need to be ripping at everything. when I just was off a touch things seem to get aligned correctly.

5959969320_d229e5a5eb_z.jpg

this is a good example of the slight timing issue ... while the result is pretty good this was fanned to the right the breeze held it and possibly helped it back.

Trajectory - High and Higher! I think I might need to work on trapping the ball a touch just to get the apex a touch lower.

Sound - when I was 16 there was a guy at our club that tried out for the Tour and played on and off the Canadian Tour hit the ball it had a very distinct sound , he had these cool cast tour blade that I am blanking on the brand but they are not around anymore. when I hit these clubs I am reminded of the sound when he hit the ball it always sounded awesome. I have been really digging the sound of impact with the RXT's

8i I hit this club a fair bit which I anticipate using a lot. Solid! The leading edge feels sharp and digs into the turf the right amount actually almost more than my Titleist blades.

5959970698_9f8bf7e03b_z.jpg

Hit a great shot on the second hole a 145yd 3/4 8i shot into the wind that got me into the round early.

PW Had a bunch of 110 - 120 yard shots that turned out pretty good . One dart like when I was getting let through by a 4some so that was a extra bonus because the pressure and focus was up and the clubs delivered when I need them. I have some timing issues on the others my distance control was pretty good but I was a little wide 20 - 40 ft. this is a great feeling club, strong but precise .

4i,5i,6i - layups while I might not normally use these clubs for the shots I had I was trying to use the new clubs rather than just play my normal game. Love these clubs , they feel real easy to hit so far as long as you put a reasonable swing on them. I already feel confident with them and yet I feel like I have the control I want when I need to manoeuvre myself into positions on the course. Plus it's fun to watch the 4i soar like a hybrid.

AW - this club is starting to settle in a bit and I am finding its comfortable full length which is not as long as I initially thought. I am warming up to this club, not that I was cold to it but it was the one that I thought about most when choosing the setup. I also used it to pitch with on a hole with a very touchy shot and pulled it off well. I defiantly has a different feel than my Cleveland wedge but it wasn't a bad thing. I just about made the chip too boot.

So to wrap up this write up, I can say these are quickly replacing the old clubs and I will never look back. For those of us that pride ourselves on being able to hit even the most unforgiving blades theses are easily worth a test when we are looking to add some technology to our game , and by technology I mean length , forgiveness feel while not loosing accuracy. I immediately have started to hit good to great shots with these clubs and still feel there is more to get from them.

These might be the best overall iron set I have ever hit when you think of distance, forgiveness, feel, accuracy and overall playability. Callaway has designed a great club. ( and yeah I have tried the 2.0's out, just didn't get a feel for the metal trampoline that randomly double bounced my ball past my target )

Thats an awesome writup and first round. I am so stoked your hitting these well. Once you get them tuned in your gonna be a force to reckon with.

Stuck in a golfsmith for several hours while getting my car serviced. Hit a ton of stuff, have to say this thing just works.

Loved the feel at impact, I think cally really did a good job here

I hate when that happens. Usually leads to OEM'ing something I don't need lol

Tapatalk: Team Hackers Approved

We're going to need you to pee in a cup next time...that's insane, Garrigus long numbers! Hope the MC doesn't have drug testing prior to the event, you may be in trouble! glad these are continuing to round into form for you man....

Just got back from another very good range session with the RXT's. Hit a few chunky as has been my nemesis lately but I'll get that straightened out. I was working on my routine today more so then anything else. Since it was on the hot side I only hit a small bucket but worked on the routine and played holes in my head. Im so bad with the routine that I routinely forget to do it but when I did the results were awesome. Im becoming a big believer in the routine. The other thing Ive been trying to do is get the distances worked out with the RXT's. Today I hit a couple PW's that I lasered at 155. WTF? Yeah Im not sure what to think about that. Ive been hitting the ball further but thats crazy long for me. Tomorrow Im going back for another range session and more RXT work. Hit them and you will like them too.

Love the videos guys!!! Great turf interaction fellas.

Thanks for the feedback Original Equipment Manufacturer Kevin! You'll get that worked out.

I've tried the stock Callaway graphite but only in the X. Sorry can't help.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

What did you think of the X? My fitting showed that I'll need the S flex if I go with the Callaway graphite, or hard steped R if I goe with the Aldila. The stock shaft on the RX sent the ball into space on the RXT, but I was told that is a uniflex shaft so that would explain the high trajectory.

We're going to need you to pee in a cup next time...that's insane, Garrigus long numbers! Hope the MC doesn't have drug testing prior to the event, you may be in trouble! glad these are continuing to round into form for you man....

lol yeah thats just not a normal distance for me. Not sure what that was all about. Maybe the nasty humidity? Im going again today so I'll see if this happens again.

those numbers in this hot and heavy air are great though. If you still get those numbers on a consistent basis your 5i should be going 205 then.....goodbye hybrid!
lol yeah thats just not a normal distance for me. Not sure what that was all about. Maybe the nasty humidity? Im going again today so I'll see if this happens again.

Thanks One-T

I hope you are right.

videos were great , reminds me of the fun I have with my golf buddies.

Well, I made my mind up. Just got back from hitting the RXTs with the R300 and PX 5 and PX 5 Flighted shafts. The PX 5 flighted launched the ball to high and short for my liking, the PX 5 was about 15 yards short of the graphite shafts I was hitting with the same dispersion, but the R300s were only 5 yards shorter than the graphite with a much tighter dispersion. I'll take accuracy over distance any day.

Now the only question is, do I need the AW?

Well, I made my mind up. Just got back from hitting the RXTs with the R300 and PX 5 and PX 5 Flighted shafts. The PX 5 flighted launched the ball to high and short for my liking, the PX 5 was about 15 yards short of the graphite shafts I was hitting with the same dispersion, but the R300s were only 5 yards shorter than the graphite with a much tighter dispersion. I'll take accuracy over distance any day.

Now the only question is, do I need the AW?

Yes. Well, maybe you dont but I quite enjoy the AW. Easy to hit and accurate too.

My typing was a tad consuing I meant to say RX for graphite. It was stiff and I thought it performed really well. I'm seeing a really high ballflight with the stock uniflex's too but its making for nice soft landings on the greens. It's kinda a give and take.

What did you think of the X? My fitting showed that I'll need the S flex if I go with the Callaway graphite, or hard steped R if I goe with the Aldila. The stock shaft on the RX sent the ball into space on the RXT, but I was told that is a uniflex shaft so that would explain the high trajectory.

That was a driver shank into a condo in front of the boss and co-workers ugly there dude! My bad!

Let's make sure we fully capture the seriousness here.

Love the drive time Jake! That's an impressive list of irons and the fact the Razr X Tours top that is even more impressive.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Was just able to watch your drive-time vid, Jake. Great way to rep the RXT's, dude.

Hit the range for a little session after work yesterday. Been doing a few things to rid myself of the hook and just clean up the swing a bit. Started off hitting the RXT's crisp and clean starting with the AW. Just love that club. I was hitting the gap through 8 just fantastic. Then I get the driver out and with my new anti hook swing I hit big ass slices. Then it got in my head and I couldnt hit my irons anymore. lol. I was a little hit and miss with the 7,6 and 5 irons. I still love these clubs. They really do have it all in a super clean nice looking package.

Well Kmac, the odd bad ball striking day happens dude, even to the best of us. I'm extremely in love with these irons. I also love the AW in this set. It's extremely versatile and I find it to be a club I tend to rely on extensively from about 120 and in. I think these irons offer everything one might look for in a GE iron.

Sure does. I dislike days of odd ball striking. But I agree with you, these irons offer a lot more then people realize. Hell I never would have believed it if I didnt have them myself.

Sure does. I dislike days of odd ball striking. But I agree with you, these irons offer a lot more then people realize. Hell I never would have believed it if I didnt have them myself.

Exactly! I mean, what more can someone want out of an iron? Forgiveness.......check, Distance.......check, Looks.............check, Playability..............check! I honestly can't believe there isn't more buzz about them. I guess marketing really is king.

Exactly! I mean, what more can someone want out of an iron? Forgiveness.......check, Distance.......check, Looks.............check, Playability..............check! I honestly can't believe there isn't more buzz about them. I guess marketing really is king.

Yeah aint that the truth.

Yeah aint that the truth.

The fact that it's just the two of us conversing in here is the truth. It's sad to me, but what can you do? These irons will be in the bag for a while.

The fact that it's just the two of us conversing in here is the truth. It's sad to me, but what can you do? These irons will be in the bag for a while.

Ha yeah that too. You know if I think of all the irons in say G.G. right now, I cant really think of a set that would beat these out. Theyre that good. Maybe one or two sets come close but not beating them. I know a lot of people will pick up the Razr standard set and say "Way too big" etc etc. They should pick the RXT's up and say "perfect" and then hit them and be blown away. Why are people just passing the Callaway irons up so much?

Back