The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's quite a bit of truth to that, I don't know the exact statistics, but I'd be worried if the Colts won in the preseason and the Lions lost in the preseason, the Lions always seem to perform decent and win in the preseason and then when it comes to the regular season they fail to show up!
If the Colts won a pre-season game, I'd be worried about them peaking too early.

Newton isn't the scrambler Vick is and Vick doesn't have the pocket presense that Cam has

Agreed. They arent as similar as some people would make them out to be. Not carbon copies of each other by any means

The Lions are the 'sexy pick' this year...just like Arizona was for a few years....if Stafford can remain upright they have a shot at the playoffs

There's quite a bit of truth to that, I don't know the exact statistics, but I'd be worried if the Colts won in the preseason and the Lions lost in the preseason, the Lions always seem to perform decent and win in the preseason and then when it comes to the regular season they fail to show up!

I heard something about the Colts record in the preseason, its like 5-30 something in the Manning era lol. They just dont care about the preseason and they dont pay the backup QB that much so hes not very good.

Newton isn't the scrambler Vick is and Vick doesn't have the pocket presense that Cam has

Correct, Cam is not a scrambler. But, on designed runs or when he ran the read-option at AUBURN, he was lethal! He was fun to watch!

true dat....but he's not a natural scrambler. however he will run you over!

wonder what his Madden rating will be? lol

Correct, Cam is not a scrambler. But, on designed runs or when he ran the read-option at AUBURN, he was lethal! He was fun to watch!

He will probably be around 80-81. Suh last year was an 82 overall, and that was a joke. They rate all rookies quite low every year, with good reason seeing as how they have yet to play a meaningful snap when they set the ratings.

The Lions are the 'sexy pick' this year...just like Arizona was for a few years....if Stafford can remain upright they have a shot at the playoffs

If they stay healthy I think they'll snag a wild card. It's on like Ndamukong.

He will probably be around 80-81. Suh last year was an 82 overall, and that was a joke. They rate all rookies quite low every year, with good reason seeing as how they have yet to play a meaningful snap when they set the ratings.

I would guess 79 on the rating..

If they stay healthy I think they'll snag a wild card. It's on like Ndamukong.

well played sir.

I see the Lions doing well... their draft picks are finally living up to their potential IF Stafford can stay healthy, plus Calvin Johnson (super freak!) and of course Suh.

Spanks, now that the Broncos dumped Harris, you still have any faith in the Broncos O-line? I didn't like it all that much with Harris, now I'm even more worried... AND they waived Lendale? I guess he and Mcgahee are similar in styles and they just dumped a lot of money into him... so we'll have to wait and see I guess.

well played sir.

I see the Lions doing well... their draft picks are finally living up to their potential IF Stafford can stay healthy, plus Calvin Johnson (super freak!) and of course Suh.

Spanks, now that the Broncos dumped Harris, you still have any faith in the Broncos O-line? I didn't like it all that much with Harris, now I'm even more worried... AND they waived Lendale? I guess he and Mcgahee are similar in styles and they just dumped a lot of money into him... so we'll have to wait and see I guess.

Dude, I'm telling you O-line is fine, needs some depth but we're good. Clady, Kuper, Walton, Beadles, Franklin. Watch Franklin, he's been looking good in camp and I think he's the mauler that Fox was looking for on the right. Also don't forget that we're probably going to run a lot of two TE sets since Fox likes to pound the rock. I've heard Fells and J. Thomas have been looking good in camp.

I'm more worried about D-line. It looks like Warren will be lost for the season after just signing and Thomas is in terrible shape with the pec injury. I hope they find someone or two to plug that middle or DJ is gonna have his hands full and Von might have to help out in the run game which limits his strength in getting upfield.

That's the dumbest statement ever. Last year vick was in top of qb rating, especially in the pocket, Google it , and just cause cam was good on the pocket in college doesn't mean he will I'm the NFL, whole different level

I tapatalk better then I tapaputt

Whaddya mean Newton isn't a scrambler? He's a black quarterback isn't he!? They are all scramblers! Duh! :dohanim:

With Vick a large portion of his QB rating in the pocket is predicated on the fact that defenses have to clue on him running and it opens up passing lanes for him to exploit. It's a great situation for the Iggles when their offensive weapons are all healthy. So hard to defend all of the options they have at their disposal.

It is a 77. They showed a demo from the E3 gaming convention and it showed his rating at 77 Speed at 83 and agility at 88.

It is a 77. They showed a demo from the E3 gaming convention and it showed his rating at 77 Speed at 83 and agility at 88.

Thanks. I looked around on google seeing if I could find what it was, but had no luck.

---
- ...just tap it in...

That's the dumbest statement ever. Last year vick was in top of qb rating, especially in the pocket, Google it , and just cause cam was good on the pocket in college doesn't mean he will I'm the NFL, whole different level

I tapatalk better then I tapaputt
That is exactly what I was thinking too. Cam was a scrambler too. When Auburn needed to move the ball it was always a qb option or a bootleg for Newton.

I think that Cam will turn out to be a better QB when all is said and done than Vick has been, and let's hope he is a better person too. In the NFL a running quarterback is a QB that will end up on the disabled list eventually so even as big as Cam is he is better off not running unless he absolutely can't get rid of the ball. Vick had a good year last year, good for him, I can't stand the guy myself, he would still be in jail if I had anything to do with it.

I think that Cam will turn out to be a better QB when all is said and done than Vick has been, and let's hope he is a better person too. In the NFL a running quarterback is a QB that will end up on the disabled list eventually so even as big as Cam is he is better off not running unless he absolutely can't get rid of the ball. Vick had a good year last year, good for him, I can't stand the guy myself, he would still be in jail if I had anything to do with it.
I don't think Vick will be running quite as much as last year. I think he realizes how important he is to the Eagles now, and doesn't want to risk getting hurt. He is deadly with his arm now too. I thin Cam will be a good NFL QB too. He has the right skills and attitude. Being a freak of an athlete can only help him.

That is exactly what I was thinking too. Cam was a scrambler too. When Auburn needed to move the ball it was always a qb option or a bootleg for Newton.

He was a great running quarterback. AU has more design runs for a QB than I have ever seen a team have. Big difference between a running quarterback and a scrambling quarterback.

He was a great running quarterback. AU has more design runs for a QB than I have ever seen a team have. Big difference between a running quarterback and a scrambling quarterback.
He did both. When a play would break down, he took off instead of throwing the ball away. That is scrambling. They passed quite a bit too, but the formations were designed for him to scramble if they play broke down.

He did both. When a play would break down, he took off instead of throwing the ball away. That is scrambling. They passed quite a bit too, but the formations were designed for him to scramble if they play broke down.

Actually, they plays arent at all designed for him to do that. That is not the Gus Malzahn system at all, nor is it what he wants from his QB. When a pass play broke down, there was 2 players, usually the H back and Running Back (with Gus' offense sometimes Y Slot was a dump off as well) that had designed routes for either a pitch or a drop down pass. Most of Cam's 1,473 yards were based off the option or zone read. He was Coached to not run when a pass play broke down. If you look at our smaller games from last year, he had a short leash and thats where we worked on our offense. Against the small schools Cam had 0 rushing yards.

Actually, they plays arent at all designed for him to do that. That is not the Gus Malzahn system at all, nor is it what he wants from his QB. When a pass play broke down, there was 2 players, usually the H back and Running Back (with Gus' offense sometimes Y Slot was a dump off as well) that had designed routes for either a pitch or a drop down pass. Most of Cam's 1,473 yards were based off the option or zone read. He was Coached to not run when a pass play broke down. If you look at our smaller games from last year, he had a short leash and thats where we worked on our offense. Against the small schools Cam had 0 rushing yards.
Yeah, I noticed that there was always a dump off option. I guess I shouldn't have used the word designed, because he wasn't supposed to scramble, but he still did at times.

Yeah, I noticed that there was always a dump off option. I guess I shouldn't have used the word designed, because he wasn't supposed to scramble, but he still did at times.

True.

I guess I break down terms differently. I see Cam as a "Running QB" and Vick a "Scrambling QB", kind of breaking their abilities out a bit. You wont see Cam do some of the scrambling in the backfield like VIck is able to do, because I think Vick has more pocket escapability (is that a word?), Cam will flat out run, and run people over. But, I get what you are saying.

True.

I guess I break down terms differently. I see Cam as a "Running QB" and Vick a "Scrambling QB", kind of breaking their abilities out a bit. You wont see Cam do some of the scrambling in the backfield like VIck is able to do, because I think Vick has more pocket escapability (is that a word?), Cam will flat out run, and run people over. But, I get what you are saying.
I see what you are saying too. I don't disagree with you. Cam is more like a running back when he takes off. I would say cam is a running qb and vick is a scrambling qb too. I just think that Cam can scramble when he needs too.

I see what you are saying too. I don't disagree with you. Cam is more like a running back when he takes off. I would say cam is a running qb and vick is a scrambling qb too. I just think that Cam can scramble when he needs too.

From watching him at Blinn College in Texas then last year at AU, I've learned there is very little the guy can't do when he works at it.

He starts tonight, looking forward to seeing how fares against first teamers.

---
- ...just tap it in...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back