Jimmie Walker's speed of play on greens

Mach2

Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 13.7
I noticed at the 2nd Hawaiian tournament, then at Torrey Pines this weekend and today, that J Walker seems to be slower than the 7 year itch on the greens. 2-4 times he'll mark and realign his ball on the green. What do you guys think, or have you noticed?

He is slow. Sadly, fast players are the exception on tour

Yep, lots of slow golf being played on tour and at almost any tournament at the amateur and club level as well. I've been a member at my club for 6 years and have yet to play in a tournament, mostly because of slow play.

Honestly never really noticed his slow play which is more about how many of them are slow, not that he plays fast.

He's ridiculous slow, what's even worse is they show the whole routine on tv.

Until the tour does something about it, I think it's going to get worse. Some the new young players can be timed with a sun dial!!

I don't understand the slow play from these guys are they just trying to be too perfect? Find your line hit the shot, its not going to change because you stared at it longer.

I watched one clip of him where he took ages, re-aligned his ball numerous times and when he finally played the shot he missed by a good way and the commentators even said he could have missed it a lot quicker and commented about how slow he was

Highly detailed green maps have actually slowed the pace down. They are so hyper accurate and most PGA greens are very true they feel they can make every putt as long as they figure out the exact place to start the ball. I am all for mapping greens but not sure I would bother to be any more accurate then every 0.5*

A while back I stopped blaming players, it's the idiots who run the game I blame. If you ALLOW these players 2.5 mins sometimes then they'll take it you cant blame really there's so much at stake. Just ban those Green maps and be super rigid on 40 secs per shot. European Tour have made the a start...

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Makes you appreciate a guy like Sneds who could play every tournament round in 3 hours if he didn't have to wait on others. It's pathetic how slow it can get out there. Unfortunately it is the new normal.

Jimmy's bad but if you watched any of the Singapore Open event last week with Spieth in it he was the fastest on the greens of most of his groups by a long shot.

Jimmy's bad but if you watched any of the Singapore Open event last week with Spieth in it he was the fastest on the greens of most of his groups by a long shot.

Didn't think that was possible.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yep, I think it was 2 days in a row that Spieth's group finished at least 2 holes ahead of the group with the eventual winner...and the officials did NOTHING!

Back