Official 2011-2012 NCAA Basketball Thread (Spoilers)

Congrats to Indiana...I'm glad to see them back and playing to the level they did Saturday (even though they beat my team). Games like that are why NCAA basketball will always be better than any NBA game on any night. A good Indiana/Kentucky rivalry is in order like the old days.

As far as the UC/Xavier game...I'll leave it alone. One of the sickest displays I've seen in some time and felt the word "indefinately" should have been used when the suspensions were announced. I understand a game getting heated and two guys pushing and getting in each other's face, but some of the things I saw have NO PLACE in college sports..or any sport for that matter. A SUCKER PUNCH (and that's ALL THAT WAS), and kicking someone who's down and surrounded, should get you removed for the season. Especially since the victim was simply trying to break up a fight.

Agreed. And it was as clear as day as to who did the punching..they were cheap shots and completely unnecessary. I wouldn't want a player like Yancey Gates on my basketball team - what a waste of talent.

Anybody associated with, or rooting for, either Xavier or Cincinnatti who praises anything the players of either team did should be ashamed. It was a joke. I am surprised that those players are still students at the universities.

Anybody associated with, or rooting for, either Xavier or Cincinnatti who praises anything the players of either team did should be ashamed. It was a joke. I am surprised that those players are still students at the universities.

I'm probably the biggest XU fan on the site, and I was embarrassed to be at the game. Even more embarassed after Tu & Lyons gave their post game comments. XU administration shouldve followed UC's lead and rejected the media request to make 2 players available for questions.

I applaud Cronin's post game comments very much, but his actions (in the light suspensions) show a different tone. I think everyone (XU & UC) shouldve gotten double the suspensions they got, with Gates getting kicked off the team (due to his history).

In the end, the weak suspensions show it really is more about winning games than it is setting an example and setting expectations. The series will continue to be played too; their is just too much money to be made on it.

I'm probably the biggest XU fan on the site, and I was embarrassed to be at the game. Even more embarassed after Tu & Lyons gave their post game comments. XU administration shouldve followed UC's lead and rejected the media request to make 2 players available for questions.

I applaud Cronin's post game comments very much, but his actions (in the light suspensions) show a different tone. I think everyone (XU & UC) shouldve gotten double the suspensions they got, with Gates getting kicked off the team (due to his history).

In the end, the weak suspensions show it really is more about winning games than it is setting an example and setting expectations. The series will continue to be played too; their is just too much money to be made on it.
I was hoping to here your reactions on this. It was an ugly situation all around. I hope both schools/teams can learn something from it.

I completely agree with you. This is an interesting read on the light suspensions. Not really a big Jason Whitlock fan but I think this is a good one.
http://msn.foxsports.com/collegebas...Mack-Mike-Cronin-coaches-flaws-exposed-121211

3 of the top 4 high school teams in the country play tonight on ESPN. Lots of good college prospects/recruits out there tonight. I'll be watching.

Rumor has it, and it's a complete rumor right now, that Pitt's freshman McDonald's AA and top-5 recruit, Khem Birch, is seeking a transfer. In the middle of the season. On a top-15 team in which he's getting almost 20 minutes a game.

Why does some higher power hate Pitt athletics?

Louisville playing a close one with College of Charleston. Louisville's up one and has momentum though.

Texas at UNC tonight! Hope the little horns keep it under double digits....that would be a win for them this year. UNC too good.

I'll be watching the game Nate.

After last year's game between them, I think UNC will go HAM. I don't think it will be all that close. I hope it is though, I'd like to see a good game.

After last year's game between them, I think UNC will go HAM. I don't think it will be all that close. I hope it is though, I'd like to see a good game.

The longhorns are going to be ground beef by the time that UNC is through with 'em!

Nah, UNC is overrated this year. They're soft in the paint. It annoys me.

UNC is still my early pick to win the Tourney. I think they're the best team in the nation.

Texas might break 50.

Nah, UNC is overrated this year. They're soft in the paint. It annoys me.

Maybe soft, but does anyone really have a serious low post thread besides Ohio State? And they can't keep them on the floor and out of the training room....

Maybe soft, but does anyone really have a serious low post thread besides Ohio State? And they can't keep them on the floor and out of the training room....

I think Uconn has a Freshman that's a pretty good low post player. I don't really know though. I also think Sullinger's overrated. He won't be a good post player at the next level.

I think Uconn has a Freshman that's a pretty good low post player. I don't really know though. I also think Sullinger's overrated. He won't be a good post player at the next level.

Not sure about UCONN- you could be right. Absolutely agree on Sullinger too - but he can dominate games at this level. Other than him, the NCAA is super wing/guard heavy right now.

And as a Duke fan- their inside bigs sure don't instill confidence....

And as a Duke fan- their inside bigs sure don't instill confidence....

The Plumlee's played highschool ball here in Ash-Vegas. I'm not a fan of theirs, although they do play hard and are tough. Just aren't all that skilled. It is weird that there isn't some prolific post players out there this year.

The Plumlee's played highschool ball here in Ash-Vegas. I'm not a fan of theirs, although they do play hard and are tough. Just aren't all that skilled. It is weird that there isn't some prolific post players out there this year.

Very true. They play their butts off- BUT, if I need two points late in the game, it ain't going to them on the block....

Very true. They play their butts off- BUT, if I need two points late in the game, it ain't going to them on the block....

True that. What they're really good for............................15 fouls per game.

True that. What they're really good for............................15 fouls per game.

Yup. And taking control of the paint, in a forceful, sometimes painful way. There is something to be said for that, just not for points and or any significant offensive value whatsoever.

Back