TMElectric

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
Here are several things that I noticed since I started playing golf "fulltime" .
  1. You hit your partners driver better than yours UNTIL you spend $299.00 for one
  2. Just when you think you are going to give up golf, the last two holes will be birdies. This way you are sure to spend more money on this sport.
  3. The best drive you had during your round of golf will somehow get lost in the fairway.
  4. When you are playing the same old ball for the first 14 holes and you feel brave enough to pull out a New Titleist Pro V1, the next shot is going in the woods.
  5. Every Putter out there looks better than yours.
  6. You can't hit the greens from the tee box with a 5 iron but for some reason, you feel like if you are standing in your front yard, you can hit your back yard by going over your house. Don't laugh, my wife took my clubs away for two weeks because of this little brain fart.
These are just 6 unexplained things I noticed about my golf game. Please chime in if you have other unexplained things with your golf game.

Here are several things that I noticed since I started playing golf "fulltime" .
  1. You hit your partners driver better than yours UNTIL you spend $299.00 for one
  2. Just when you think you are going to give up golf, the last two holes will be birdies. This way you are sure to spend more money on this sport.
  3. The best drive you had during your round of golf will somehow get lost in the fairway.
  4. When you are playing the same old ball for the first 14 holes and you feel brave enough to pull out a New Titleist Pro V1, the next shot is going in the woods.
  6. You can't hit the greens from the tee box with a 5 iron but for some reason, you feel like if you are standing in your front yard, you can hit your back yard by going over your house. Don't laugh, my wife took my clubs away for two weeks because of this little brain fart.
These are just 6 unexplained things I noticed about my golf game. Please chime in if you have other unexplained things with your golf game.

haha

It never fails when you play better than the parking lot tour pro

When your longest drive of the day is messed up by the second shot

Everyone else's makes par and you don't:angry:

One more thing. They worse guy in your group is the guy that gives everyone "lessons"

One more thing. They worse guy in your group is the guy that gives everyone "lessons"

I love that one haha

and when the excuse is I can hit it straight on the range

#3 - Aaaah so frustrating! Saturday I hit the furthest drive ever. 324 yards (a little wind behind me, a little help!) But I hit it too far that I had a big tree in front of me. Had to go around it, ended up 2 putting it for a bogie! Uggghhh!

Number 6 is a good one. :)

Hit a green, then 3 putt from under 20 feet.

It never fails when someone is bragging about their "awesome" game and then they top the first drive

Guy I was golfing with today:

Man I play way better when Im not buzzed.. He says that all the time and only had 6 beers on 18 holes..

One I had last week.. Tight fairway with water left, forest right.. and supposedly there is a water hazard running across the fairway about 275 my best drive of the day straight as an arrow went into

Guy I was golfing with today:

Man I play way better when Im not buzzed.. He says that all the time and only had 6 beers on 18 holes..

One I had last week.. Tight fairway with water left, forest right.. and supposedly there is a water hazard running across the fairway about 275 my best drive of the day straight as an arrow went into

I average around 240 - 260 drives. I played a hole that had a creek at 340 from the tee. I hit the creek!!! It was hard to get mad when I just hit the best driveof my life. I had help with a little hill but still.....340 yards!!!

I average around 240 - 260 drives. I played a hole that had a creek at 340 from the tee. I hit the creek!!! It was hard to get mad when I just hit the best driveof my life. I had help with a little hill but still.....340 yards!!!

Just one of those c'mon man momenys

Sent from my iPhone

First time ever I was on the green on a par 5 in two. So I was putting for eagle..... Still made a boggie... D@$n!

That guy at the office that "golfs better than you" but will never go out with you... (He did eventually. He played Army golf and was worn out after the front 9....)

You are playing your worst round of the year and the guy you got paired up with thinks you should go pro soon.

Just when you think you are going to give up golf, the last two holes will be birdies. This way you are sure to spend more money on this sport..

So true, so true. A week or so ago I eagled 18 to card a pathetic 101. Golf expenditures have followed.

I love #6. I have yet to do it, but have given it some serious consideration.

It never fails that the guy with the ancient clubs plays best when I play against him haha

It never fails when you can't miss a putt, you can't hit a green. Then when you can't miss a green, you can't make a putt.

It is almost always true that your best round ever is followed by one of your worst rounds ever.

It never fails, when you leave a putt short, some wise a$$ will point out that putts left short never go in.

When your longest drive of the day is messed up by the second shot

This is me all the time...smoke one down the middle of the fairway, have a wedge left, then another wedge.....:D

The person in your group with the oldest clubs is always the best player.

I said a tap tap tappity tap

The person in your group with the oldest clubs is always the best player.

I said a tap tap tappity tap

Maybe there's hope for me, cause I'm betting my clubs are older than half the THP members ;)

When playing a short 255 yard par 4, and you drive to the edge of the green, have a poor chip and 2 putts for a par, but when I yank a drive that same hole 70 yards to the left, I knock it stiff and tap in for a birdie. Makes no sense.

~Rock

a college roomate of mine said on the first green as i was about to putt a 15 footer for birdie:

"ya know, they say if you miss the birdie putt you rarely make the par putt"

...i 3 putted. i rarely 3 putt...that round i had 4. since then i refused to play with him and always had a reason not to join up. i was quite pissed.

It never fails that if you wait for a green to clear on a par 5 you top, pull, push, slice or hook your approach. But if you dont wait, you roll one up on the green and have to appologize to the group in front.

Back