What's Your Expertise?

love this. on forensics is on my possible career move, along with other cybersecurity areas.

I've been involved with information Security for the better part of 6 years. You are right the landscape of forever changing especially with the way data is transmitted & available nowadays.

I have been a lineman for a electric co for over 25 years and now GIS Mapping Supervisor and as of April 1st adding Safety Director to my duties. I have also devoted over 25 years to booking and managing music entertainment- now semi-retired from that part of life to devote more time to photography , golf and other hobbies as work allows.

Last edited:
Steam and heat transfer installations and best practices

Internet Golfer....JK

My background is sales overall but with a focus around startups.

Earlier in my career I was an assistant manager at Enterprise Rent-A-Car at Laguardia Airport (1.5 years)

After this I worked at TheLadders.Com job search website - here I sold professional written resumes, provided job search advice, acted as a corporate recruiter and provided products to the job seekers. (3 years)

Currently I work at Yelp as a senior account executive - essentially I sell digital advertising for impressions and pay-per-click campaigns to SMB up to 10 locations.

So if you have any questions about car rentals, job search/resume advice, or digital media/online marketing feel free to ask!

What's Your Expertise?

Insurance and Investment compliance. As an aside to that I'm fully licensed for life, disability and long term care insurance and both a registered representative and investment advisor representative for investments. Been doing this in various roles for 12 years now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great. Are you licensed in just one state I assume. We are going to start looking at Long Term Care Insurance.

Maybe you could PM me your email?

If humans can build it, I can plumb and heat it.

What's Your Expertise?

Aviation. I worked at LHR for 15 years in the airfield ops dept where I was responsible for everything from the runway and taxiway inspections, to bird scaring to dealing with the emergencies. Our department was first on scene when the BA 777 crashed some years back. Not currently in the field unfortunately since I moved stateside, mainly because I have a small regional airport by me. With a possible move to the East Bay area, I'm hoping to re enter the field at either Oakland or SFO.
Oh, and I now have a side business repairing IPhones and iPads, so I guess this is becoming my new area of expertise.

Things I specialize in:
Organizing after-work happy hours.
Organizing instead-of-work winter bowling gatherings.
Organizing instead-of-work summer golf gatherings.

Things I'm pretty good at:
Data analysis.
Investigative interviewing.
Presenting audit findings to large groups.
Managing audit teams.

Things I pretend to be:
Certified Internal Auditor.
Certified Fraud Examiner.

I am in the Mortgage Industry and have been for 12 years.

I am currently a Reverse Mortgage Funding Manager.

Employment Law and Worker's Compensation.

Man, there is a large, and awesome, range of skill sets in here. We could definitely start our own community when the zombies come.

I did 14 yrs hand-on fighter aircraft maintenance; armament systems (bombs, missiles, guns, and the computers that make them work). Then I ended up with an Occupational Instructor cert by teaching my job to new recruits fresh out of basic training. Yes, I could teach ANYone how to load a bomb or install a gun system. (some of these kids had never handled tools before!) I finished in the AF doing project management, and as a part of that, organizing big conferences where the leaders from our career field would come from all over the world and discuss big issues every year.
After retirement, i slipped into technical writing and some project management again. I'm tech writing these days, currently writing a complete overhaul/maintenance/testing manual for the new HUD going into the A-10 Warthog.

Fighter jets.
Stuff that blows up, or is used to blow stuff up/shoot things down.
I can teach (but probably not kids, ew yuk).
And I can write, or so I've been told. (and it might not always appear so on here)

I'm organized. That's about it.
Like, Monica Gellar organized?

Civil engineering from 1985 thru 2012 with the government (road/bridge construction), then early retirement from there to a 60/70 week job now in the poultry industry (hatchery) close to home.

I work as a construction superintendent for a fairly large general contractor in Boston. I've only been doing it 5 years.

I guess my expertise would be general commercial construction.

I work as a construction superintendent for a fairly large general contractor in Boston. I've only been doing it 5 years.

I guess my expertise would be general commercial construction.

I would think that the current expertise in Boston is snow removal.

I've been working in the online industry for about 15 years. Started a website with two friends, it grew out of hand (300.000+ unique visitors per day) and we sold it. Then I started a DSL company (with a friend), grew too big too fast and sold it. Then started a hosting company (with the friend from the DSL company), sold that after about five months.
I've worked at different companies helping them in improving sales and marketing, mostly on a project basis (max 18 months). Now I have my own company again where I focus on non-profit and help them maximize margins by better sales, cheaper and more effective marketing.

I'm looking to work for a company again though, I really miss having a team around me and would like to work for the same company for a longer time. I am currently talking with four different companies to join one of them.

I would think that the current expertise in Boston is snow removal.

Haha I guess I am good with a shovel.

I've been with my company for 14 years. My official title is Recoveries Accountant. No it's not as fancy as it sounds. My company is one of the largest Commercial Landlords in Columbus. I like to say I'm the guy that tells our tenants how much they owe. If they don't pay it, I send the hounds (collections) after them to get it. So I'm the nice guy. :act-up:

I work a lot with Excel during my day. A few other industry specific softwares.

I spent about 30 years in finance most of which as a CFO for a couple of large companies. Now I spend my time working with start-ups helping them get off the ground which translates to "find them money"! It's more fun then working for a 600 lb gorilla, less BS, definitely less politics. And it is a lot more rewarding helping a team of youngsters fulfill a dream.

What's Your Expertise?

Man, there is a large, and awesome, range of skill sets in here. We could definitely start our own community when the zombies come.

I did 14 yrs hand-on fighter aircraft maintenance; armament systems (bombs, missiles, guns, and the computers that make them work). Then I ended up with an Occupational Instructor cert by teaching my job to new recruits fresh out of basic training. Yes, I could teach ANYone how to load a bomb or install a gun system. (some of these kids had never handled tools before!) I finished in the AF doing project management, and as a part of that, organizing big conferences where the leaders from our career field would come from all over the world and discuss big issues every year.
After retirement, i slipped into technical writing and some project management again. I'm tech writing these days, currently writing a complete overhaul/maintenance/testing manual for the new HUD going into the A-10 Warthog.

Fighter jets.
Stuff that blows up, or is used to blow stuff up/shoot things down.
I can teach (but probably not kids, ew yuk).
And I can write, or so I've been told. (and it might not always appear so on here)

Like, Monica Gellar organized?

Toad. I may or may not have mentioned this to you before. My Fiancé has been a Technical Writer/Editor for 20 years.

She has a love/hate relationship with it. She hates every day of it, and loves when she leaves for vacation.

We often argue over whose the better writer. I say she is. She says people actually enjoy reading my work as opposed to generally ignoring hers. Ha

Like you suggested about yourself. I tend to be much more hasty here then when I write for publication.

Although I do benefit from living with a editor as she will edit m stuff if she has time.

I'm a materials estimator for a building supplies company. I estimate a wide variety of things that range from hotels, houses, office buildings, condos, shops, garages, sheds. During the winter we don't have as many new builds so I estimate lots of renovation projects. So I have quite a bit of knowledge with building materials and costs, except paint, plumbing, and electrical as we have other guys for that.
I also share the western Canadian neighborly attitude. I will work for beer! lol. I've helped countless friends build decks, garages, do baseboards, casings, shingles, etc. for free beer. Some of them realize it probably would've been cheaper to hire someone than supply my beer for a day ,lol.

Captain at the controls of your favorite Canadair regional jet that you probably hate more than Rosie O'Donnell. This makes me an expert at landing, I guess, since we do four and five legs per day. Oh, and apologizing for delays. I'm really good at those passenger announcements. Jealous of Rusty's Boeing! ;)

Project Manager for a telecommunications company - but have been retired for 7+ years.

What's Your Expertise?

I have 2 jobs, but one goal which I am working towards. Which is hospitality management. Rob has been a great source of information for me as he is a true knowledge source. Glad to call him a good friend, thanks sir. My background is in the grocery industry where I have been working since I was 16, with over 6 years of management expertise. With help setting up 3 stores from bare to cutting the ribbon. Ordering, scheduling and meetings is my main joy of the position. My other career job I do which is lighting,staging and all that entails of setting up for conventions. This is my favourite as you do not always see the same shows. We have done shows all the way from top executives such as TED conferences to raves and MMA fights. I am trying to learn more about both business and eventually move to the U.S. Or overseas or a bigger stage such as TO.

Last edited:
Back