What's Your Expertise?

CAA_Beat

Reaction score
Handicap
I've noticed over the year and half that I've been a member here, that with so many members in so many different jobs/fields, we have a huge knowledge base of probably just about every industry or service you could imagine.

I came to realize this recently by two particular posts/threads...JROD in the automotive thread and Smalls with his PSA thread on Golf Now. Both are obviously well versed in their industry and have shared some really helpful information. JB and GG obviously have expertise in running a Media Company among many other things.

Maybe we can use this thread as ongoing conversation if someone has a question about a particular field or industry, and we can share some helpful insider knowledge (without of course violating any company policies). I think it could generate some very interesting and helpful conversations.

So I'l start:

My expertise is the hotel industry. I've been in it for 22 years in just about every position you can imagine from Reservations Agent to General Manager. Currently I'm in a Revenue Management capacity, working with hotels in our chain in setting their rates and distribution strategies.

On a side I have worked off and on in the sports media for the past 30 years, both in print and radio. While that is just a small part of what I do now, I'd be happy to share any thoughts on that as well.

So what's your?

DE Underwriter so I feel like I am proficient in Appraisals, Title Commitments and Surveys. Looks at 1000's of them over the past 10 years.

Currently working on more in depth FHA Loan Underwriting skills as well.

For me it is 12+ yrs in IT. The last 4 in Digital Forensics/eDiscovery.

From a core IT perspective its Identity & Access Management/Access Control.

I am a CPA, 10+ years of experience. I work mostly in assurance performing financial statement audits of non-profits and closely held companies. I also have tax experience, am a Certified Fraud Examiner and am Certified in Financial Forensics.

I do Maintenance Analysis for John Deere. Basically reading codes and finding small problems before they become big problems. Did the same thing in the Air Force for 6 years.

For me it is 12+ yrs in IT. The last 4 in Digital Forensics/eDiscovery.

From a core IT perspective its Identity & Access Management/Access Control.

that sounds fascinating. seriously.

My expertise is doing nothing and I do it very well :thumb: I've been retired for 10 years as of this November and when I was working, I worked in computer support.

My practical expertise is in engineering and Sourcefire IPS products, my theoretical expertise is in Cybersecurity Policy (grad school :alien:).

Party planning lol

Not sure if I have one, Im good at analyzing data, specifically financial statements and treasury management for companies. Pretty knowledgeable in the area of credit scores for people from my time at GE, outside of that stuff and my love for baseball cards in the 90s not sure what else.

I don't think I'm an expert in any one thing. I may be advanced in a few areas but still plenty to master and learn.

I've got over 5 years of restaurant management on my plate.

As of right now my current expertise is embroidery. It's been a family business for over 23 years now. It's a plague though because I judge every embroidered piece I come by.

I've also got sales and retail background in there for a few years.

Nothing cool IMO

15 years Civil Engineer.

I've done it and seen it all.

- Residential subdivisions
- Commercial subdivisions
- Industrial subdivisions
- Over 100 Schools
- Hospitals
- Universities/Colleges
- Rec Centres & Arenas
- Lots of ROW Linear infrastructure

My only regret was before getting married and having a family was not going somewhere remote for 2 years to make a killing.

Right now my expertise would be relaxing, I'm very very good at it. When I was working however I was a police officer and my expertise was in chemical and biological attack crowd control, along with large demonstration disorder control.

25 years in the sales/marketing side of the Theme Park business. Channel specific sales in Travel Trade, Corporate, Military bases, some Group business too.

Retired (19 years) A/C (mostly helo) electronics (autopilot, nav stuff like that) from military, now I'm IT for a Credit Union (15+ years)

My education is as an Electrical Engineer but only worked in design in my early years. Been in manufacturing operations for over 30 years.

I have been in the insurance industry for 8 years.

I was an Excess and Surplus Lines Broker for 7 1/2 Years and recently became a Property Broker for an insurance company in Atlanta.

While I love the golf business, I also sell insurance (auto, home, health, life) for Farm Bureau.

I'm a licensed Structural Engineer in the state of Illinois. I work on a variety of building projects all over the country. New buildings, renovations, build-outs.

19 years in software development and systems architecture. I am very strong at troubleshooting existing issues within an application, as well as architecting a new application. I tend to be able to see things and ask the right questions of the client to get them to think not just about the current requirements but also the next logical steps ahead.

I work a lot, and I can be pretty persuasive at times.

I'm trying to get to the level of Jedi. We'll see how that works.

I've worked in a bank for 8 years; 5 in accounting, 2 in project management, and 1 in loan operations.

Beyond that, I'm extremely proficient in Microsoft excel, working with advanced formulas and macros on a regular basis to automate as much as possible.

I wear many many hats at work, but I work mostly with the Adobe CS products to create logos, flyers, posters for print, I also produce large format prints(Banners, posters, etc.) and am a distributor for all sorts of promotional products and giveaway items.

Back