OH/KY/IN and anyone else-- weekend golf event

I can't imagine why you'd want to change your game off the tee too much man.. The first round, while i wasn't exactly that far off the fairway, I maybe only hit 3 all day. I'd rather be 150 and in the short grass than 105 and in that angry rough.

It was more like 200 for me and 80 for you. Might want to get your depth perception checked. Plus look at the scoring distance. I have a much better chance of sticking it close to the pin from 150 and in. It seemed like I was more towards 180 most the time this weekend. Sure I hit a lot of greens too but when you 25' putt every green. That's what gets me. I think if I could reach that magical 150 and in on every par 4 I play will help. I just need about 20 more yards I think is be happy.

Fear the Sober Frog!! Amphibians can Tapatalk

It was more like 200 for me and 80 for you. Might want to get your depth perception checked. Plus look at the scoring distance. I have a much better chance of sticking it close to the pin from 150 and in. It seemed like I was more towards 180 most the time this weekend. Sure I hit a lot of greens too but when you 25' putt every green. That's what gets me. I think if I could reach that magical 150 and in on every par 4 I play will help. I just need about 20 more yards I think i'd be happy.

You didn't seem to have any trouble draining that 20 footer on #7 yesterday morning lol. That was a beauty!!

I was definitely in a groove off the tee for the most part this weekend. Maxed out at that GPSed 338 (downhill with the wind helper like a champion!) and was averaging in the realm of just over 3 hundo for pretty much every drive I GPSed, which is my usual top end. If you really want to build up more power, I think you need to get your body working more than your arms and hands.. I was definitely catching my eye on some decent shoulder turns, but the lag in your swing seems to be more activated by your wrist hinging at the very end of your takeaway rather than an arced coil that starts your attack towards the ball.

You should get your swing vid into the GolfTec section.. Getting that trigger set at the top might help to add 20+ yards for you, and I am sure they can help you 100x better than i could.

It was a beaut! No thanks to Mike showing me the line. Lol

Dan your the best golfer I have ever had a chance to witness in person. You know a ton about the swing too. It felt great to beat you that 1 hole. Lol

Man, what a weekend. I had a blast everyone. From Ivor Roberson "showing up" to intro the first tee to being the last one off the lot it was as blast. Got to make some great new friends and got to hang with some old friends. Wonderful course in excellent conditon, other than one rouge ranger on Sat morning I felt like the staff was more than happy to have us there. They even let me beat a R11s around the course for 36 holes, and hitting that and hitting it so well with 2 changes makes me excited for the R11 on its way. I moved the ball around the course great and other some terrible bunker play and one nine where I couldn't get out of my own way I was pretty happy with how I hit the ball and how I played. The "extra holes" on Sat was a blast, I loved how that course played from the tips, and will from now on always play every course I come across from the tips. I wish I played them more this weekend, and really changed the look and I felt was how the course was set up to be played. Now on to the people...

MikeyDean.. Man, I can't thank you enough for putting this all together for us. Thank you. Really enjoyed our Sat morning round. You'll get to the 70's, you've got it, just got to put it all together, and we need to get together more often somewhere in the middle for us and Dan to get some more rounds in together.

Canadan.. Pleasure to play with you. One of these times will get to ride in the same cart. You swing is so smooth, one of these days I'll get it past you off the tee. Hope that we can get some more rounds in before the season ends. Like I mentioned to Dan, we need to find a couple courses in middle of us to get some rounds in. I'm glad I was able to finally putt well, didn't make a lot, but started to feel some confidence in that new Si2. your stroke looks a lot like mine, I think you might destory a course with that same putter. I'll always be wearing pants and loud colors....Wouldn't be me without them...

Forrest.. What up Jim? Tell your 3 kids and the 5 you adopted over the weekend I said they got a pretty cool dad. Sorry you had to watch me hack around the first nine on Sat afternoon, but it was a blast. We should have just drove back to the car and got beer after the second hole of that round. The extra holes, best time dude. The tips are how that course was designed to play for guys like us. Hope we can get some more rounds again, next time we will have beers and cigars for the round. You smash the ball and make golf fun to watch...

Robmy.... Great to get a round in. Thanks for driving me around in the afternoon. Good round played and look forward to getting out again.

Mixxy. You roll that putter better than anyone. Great playing this weekend. You move it around really good and its fun to watch you play. Great match Sunday morning and you got clutch in the closing holes.

CG... Great meeting you. Wish you could have played the 18 out. Fun watching you play and you got some game. Hope we tee it up again, and your pretty good laugh too.

Hitman.. How many Costco's is Columbus going to have after this weekend? Heard there building a new one with a gas station between your drive and MikeDeans after you used his driver. For a self admitted "old guy" you get around the course pretty good and I always look forward to seeing your name pop in these outings as an attendee.

Brock.. Wheres Brock? Anyone seen Brock? Wheres he at, its go time... Hey guys, I'm right here...have been for half an hour... Classic. Didn't get much a chance to chat with you, but nice to meet you and hope we can tee it up sometime.

Dlev.. nice to meet you, and hope to see that game rounding into form. Good playing on Sunday morning, biggest peice of advice I can give, its breath and relax. Play like you did during the bonus holes, you played great then. BTW your the only person i know who has skymarked a driver 3 inchs back from the topline!

Froggy.. Great to see you again, missed teeing it up with you with this weekend. Congrats on that MC win again. Got to see a few swings, and looks like the game is in great shape right now! Hope to tee it again soon, and we'll have to look into getting together up towards the northern parts here soon.

JRainbow.. Good to get to know someone local to play golf with. Will certainly be in touch to get some rounds in with. be safe during all that traveling. Glad to see you play well this weekend and sounds like the game is shapping up nicely.

Everyone again I had great time with you all and can't wait to do it again. Maybe next time, no competition rounds so that way we can just tee it up with who ever because I really would have enjoyed getting a round in everyone. But guys it was real. Glad everyone got home safely!

Great round Sunday am play dough.

Your tee shots were phenom, your approaches money, wedges were throwing darts. It was a solid game, never out of a hole and you/dleav put us behind the 8 ball early in that match.

I'd tee it up anytime with ya, that last 9 on the east was fun, I felt like I was double my age , I could barely even make a full turn through the ball.

Was a great course, thanks to deano as well for putting it all together!

Till next time.

Dan your the best golfer I have ever had a chance to witness in person. You know a ton about the swing too. It felt great to beat you that 1 hole. Lol

are you captain of his fan club now or something?

I think it should be "Tropical Skittles".... Taste The Rainbow.... I'm kidding Justin.

You've already got that spot on lock down. NOW GIVE ME A LINE ON THIS PUTT!

Teammate or foe... Don't trust his reads...

I kept a memento from the weekend... And it wasn't audio of the dueling snorers...

b8399ff4-b74e-903e.jpg

are you captain of his fan club now or something?

I would gladly be captain of his fan club if he helped me get to the 70's like he is with you. Too bad you don't listen. Lol 30 yard from green fwy chutt... Lol I know I told you to so it...

Recap time.

First off thanks to everyone for coming. This was something I had thought about and started researching last year and it was great to see it come to life. Im already thinking of options for next year, and the dust hasnt even settled. I really enjoyed the competition side of things, as it had a different element to it compared to all of our other "get togethers" throughout the year.

Almost forgot, a big shout out to the course. With the exception of a pesky ranger, this place was awesome. great layout, practice area, let us demo anything we wanted and great overall service. Very very pleased

Team Dan:

Canadan: My man, congrats on the win. As we always do, I had a blast golfing 2 rounds with you even though I played like a turd. Your a very encouraging person to play with and makes it very easy to have a good time even when Im battling to not shoot 100 lol.

Mixer: Really glad we ended up getting a round in together. You had some awesome tee balls even after having to follow forrest off of the tee. Thank you for letting me get a point for the weekend so I didnt go into suicide mode. And never forget the tip of the weekend "when you are in teh fluffy sand, just close the face on the wedge and chip it out"

Hitman: I felt like you were on Team Dean cause we golfed so much together. You were really hitting your driver and mine really well and I remember commenting to someone that you were smashing that hybrid of yours. I'll shoot you a PM if I decide to sell the D2 and let you and Rob battle.

Brock: Glad that were were able to golf again, had been too long in between rounds. You were beating the hell out of that 3 wood off of the tee, if I was that long Id leave the driver in the trunk. Good luck on that full bag makeover you are going to be working on.

CG13: Welcome back to THP! Glad to see you as always, we will DEFINITELY be playing again here real soon as there's no reason for this long between rounds. Saw a few of your tee shots and the swing looked real good. And thanks for the chip in on #17 Saturday pretty much killing us for the day.

Skittles: "Taste the rainbow" SO I hear this guys shoots super high on Saturday and figured hell we will take it to him sunday...WRONG. You drove the ball awesome man, and you hit some really nice 2nd shots from some long distances. I'll be content if I hit my burner 2.0's half as well as you do. Next time we meet I'll have the chutting brouchure for you.

Team Dean:

Playdough: Tee ball was on FIRE Saturday morning. A shame neither one of us could putt from 3 feet away. You really put a beating on those snake eyes man. Had a great time hitting my 2nd shot from 50 yards behind you on the extra holes lol. Definitely another get together before the end of the year.

Frogger: Dude DOESNT miss a fairway. Sorry I couldnt hang with you and help us win a few holes. You are really hitting those new irons very well, seems to be getting better and better each time we play. Dont worry about hitting 300 off of the tee every now and then, keep that ball in front of you and you will continue to score low.

Dleavitt: First off, love the dedication, one hell of a long drive to meet up with 11 guys you have never met to golf...let alone 72 holes (+bonus). Even though we didnt play a round together, I was glad we got to talk some at Denny's. From what Ive heard you had some "legendary" shots out there. Like Keygan said, just relax and have fun out there man. Like we did on the extra holes, you were beating those balls. Your 13 yard drive with a 98* launch angle with the driver was jaw dropping. First time I fell over from laughing on a course in quite some time
And ive NEVER EVER seen some hit a putter 135-140 CARRY, that was amazing.

Robman7: My bro, dude carried team dean on his back. Still pissed we blew that lead Saturday afternoon...the ship was sinking and we both decided to jump on at the same time. You had that tee ball locked in pretty much all weekend and I think your scores reflected that. As always enjoy golfing with you and thanks for making the trip and being the only guy EVER to order a Desert Blush to drink at Denny's.

Forrest: 4 years, never a bad time golfing with you. Glad to got to witness me pencil whipping Mixer and Hitman. Like Dan a very positive and encouraging guy to golf with. Was fun driving around trying to GPS all of your tee balls LOL. Hope you enjoyed golfing with all of my internet friends. Quote of the weekend " Give me a Dean and some strokes any day of the week"

The golf was great, the post round laughs in the hotel rooms had me in tears from the laughter a few times. Thanks again for everyone making the trip, hope you all enjoyed it. Hoping to pull off at least 1 more "get together" this year and then on to 2013!

I could cry right now Dino....I love to golf with you too bro! All of you guys are awesome....I cant freakin wait for the next one! Bullfrog...$300 right now....I have the $100's in my hand

I could cry right now Dino....I love to golf with you too bro! All of you guys are awesome....I cant freakin wait for the next one! Bullfrog...$300 right now....I have the $100's in my hand

Dude $350 and we meet so no shipping. We can meet to play a round of golf on delivery. Plus I spit shine them. I want it in 50's. Lol That's a heck of a deal for mint MBs! Plus they have newer grips. And the shafts have never flexed to full capacity. Lots of power still in them for you.

Better watch out someone may see this post and pm me...

Glad everyone had a blast. Did Deano take everyones cash in Bingo, Bango , Bongo? or did you spare them?

Glad everyone had a blast. Did Deano take everyones cash in Bingo, Bango , Bongo? or did you spare them?

I bet there's an awesome story there.. He never tried to sneak that idea into the mix, fortunately!

I spared them, the wedges to the fringe were money again would have been a profitable weekend lol

Then we could have went to a nice restaurant with t shirts on and be the only people in there

40k ftw!

Now that I have kind of recoup'ed it was a fantastic time, and to Dino, Forrest and Mixer , man I am sorry you all had to witness me melting down into my Foot Joys, or maybe it should have been flip-flops....I was totally spent and couldn't get my head into the game, next time we get together I will make it up and give you a game except the drive part or the 240 yd 4 iron , Brock, man it was a blast and Captian Dan I'll be on your team any day. I am so looking forward to a fall get together so let me know and I'll be there. Gentlemen Thank You for a Great Weekend

Now that I have kind of recoup'ed it was a fantastic time, and to Dino, Forrest and Mixer , man I am sorry you all had to witness me melting down into my Foot Joys, or maybe it should have been flip-flops....I was totally spent and couldn't get my head into the game, next time we get together I will make it up and give you a game except the drive part or the 240 yd 4 iron , Brock, man it was a blast and Captian Dan I'll be on your team any day. I am so looking forward to a fall get together so let me know and I'll be there. Gentlemen Thank You for a Great Weekend

Awesome! That was a blast of a first 18!

I spared them, the wedges to the fringe were money again would have been a profitable weekend lol

Then we could have went to a nice restaurant with t shirts on and be the only people in there

40k ftw!

Haha, that was awesome. Buck eating a steak and ebaying 30 Betti putter covers.

Now that I've sort of recovered from the weekend, and am stuck, bored out of my mind in class.

First off a big shout-out to Dino for setting this whole outing up. I'm sure it took a lot of work, so thank you for doing it. I had an absolute blast this weekend, driving 5+hours to meet 11 people who I have never met before, couldn't have gone any better.

Dino - what can I say, you put this all together. Unfortunately we didn't get to play a round together, other than our evening round, and I had a blast doing it. Loved the back-to-back pars to start off our "tips" session! Next outing we will get a full round in and have some more laughs.

Robman - Dessert Blush.....need I say more?

Playdough - You had a great round on Sunday morning, picked me up on a lot of holes. I had a blast, and you taught me a few things while you were at it! And of course the evening round was a blast!

Bullfrog - What a class act, and an amazing golfer. You hit every fairway that mattered, and even if you didn't, you were still in great shape. Had a lot of fun playing 36 with you, especially that East course. You are a class act, and deserve every bit to be going back to MC3.0

Forrest - Holy $#!@ dude, you rock! Was amazing to tee it up with you for that first round on Saturday, and set the pace(as the slowest group ever). Too bad we didn't get another round of awesomeness in, but I think my Sky Mark did the trick and will have us all laughing til the next outing...either that, or my 140 yard carry putt out of the sand :banana:

Skittles - "Taste the Rainbow!!!!! you played out of your freaking mind on Sunday, amazing to see that turn around out of you and whoop my arse. Had a blast playing 3 rounds with you...and I have to admit, I got a chuckle after you lost your 11th or so ball on that East course :p But really, I had a great time watching you just make everything work on Sunday.

Matt - Again, what a turn-around you made, especially with the Driver from Saturday to Sunday. Still can't believe you chipped in that 40 yarder on 17 to halve the match. Had a lot of fun out there, but we missed out on the scotch and cubans :confused2: I guess that's why there's going to be an outing next year.

Brock - was fun playing with you that afternoon round. I know you were hurting, but way to finish dude, par par par. Outstanding.

Mixer - Dude, you played unreal, from start to finish, you were on fire.

Hitman - A victim of too little time, we didn't get to tee it up. Hope you had a good time, and hopefully we can tee it up together at the next outing.

Dan - Captain of team kicked our arse. Another victim of too little time, I think the closest we got to golfing together, was when you had to drive skittles out to his bombed tee shot that hit the tree next to us. Should've stayed and played that evening round with us, as you all should have. Next time man, next time...and I'm coming out to Columbus/Dayton/Cincy sometime in early October so if the weather is still nice, you, dino, forrest, and whoever else wants to come with can all tee it up in your "neck of the woods".

I had an amazing time, and would tee it up with any and all of you again, in an instant. I'm already looking forward to the next outing with this group.

O, I forgot one person, myself....I played awful, you guys picked me up and gave me some great tips....Now the only thing is to decide my best blooper. Between the Sky Mark, the putt from the sand, and my losing 3 balls into the water off the par 3 on the west course.

Dan

FYI it was par-par-par from the tips LOL

glad to have met you man, hang in there, we both had rough weekends

Back