MI/OH and Anyone Else 2015 Gathering - August 29th

Ditto. Big thanks to them and CJ for all their work and hospitality.
Safe travels back buddy...glad we finally fot to tee it up

Safe travels back buddy...glad we finally fot to tee it up

Thanks man. It was fun to finally play a round with the man, the myth and the legend.

I want to thank everyone for coming up to the mitten and having a great weekend with us.
Out of towners that joined us, you guys are the best. Thank you for taking time away from family (and/or work) to enjoy our overcast skies and tricky greens. We hope that you enjoyed it and are willing to come back again, because there's a TON of other great golf in the area.
Michiganders, thank you for showing the guys that came up here a great time. Glad to see a lot of people from the far reaches of the state show up and have a blast.

Special thanks to 441 for getting this shindig together, it's really what he does 2nd best. Only behind chutting.
And also to JB for throwing in some prizes for the Saturday rounds. It was really unnecessary, but we greatly appreciate the gesture.

For those that missed it, the first round Saturday was won with a pair of 41s in the stableford scoring. OITW and e1iterate both played incredibly well to shoot that score and get T1s. Honorable mention goes to my man Musicmaster6921 for scoring a 40, heck of a job out there!
The second round on Saturday was a battle in every way. A lot of people bunched at the top, but a few points less than the first round. The winning score was 37 and we had not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 people score that number, with many others within 3 points. An announcement should be coming on that soon as a few rounds of tie breakers were needed to get the number down to a final 2.

Again, thanks to all of you that came out this weekend, and also to those that followed along with the updates on the forum and Periscope. Hope you guys enjoyed it too.

Tpluff,
Can you get their shipping addresses and full names and send me a PM? I will get prizes right out this week.

Tpluff,
Can you get their shipping addresses and full names and send me a PM? I will get prizes right out this week.
Sure thing JB. Will get that info to you asap.

Hell you mean I'm sitting at the airport with Saturday morning champs? Heck yeah!

Great weekend! It was great meeting some new faces and seeing most others for only the 2nd or 3rd time. Thanks to Mike and Tyler for putting this weekend together. I just wish there was video of Mike cropdusting that couple walking into Coldstone. That was priceless. BTW, thanks PhillyV! That comment you made about my putting stroke getting too long really got me aware of that and I was rolling them much better today!

e2974a96972a8330d6c3bc7146eb9f9b.jpg

The DQ vs ColdStone debate...
Thanks a lot guys!

Diet Starts

TOMORROW!

Like always had a blast while playing like crap. I think it's a THP event thing where I play my worst. I blame Mike.

With that being said when is the next event???????

Had a hell of a time this weekend playing with everyone there. Met a lot of great people and my gauntlet partner. Pretty cool to finally put faces with names. Now it's gauntlet prep time. I'll be working on wedges for the next 2 weeks since I apparently cannot hit the green from 80 yards out.

Had a hell of a time this weekend playing with everyone there. Met a lot of great people and my gauntlet partner. Pretty cool to finally put faces with names. Now it's gauntlet prep time. I'll be working on wedges for the next 2 weeks since I apparently cannot hit the green from 80 yards out.

Na hell with the wedges just drive the greens.

MI/OH and Anyone Else 2015 Gathering - August 29th

Despite the first impression I may have given you, it was good to meet you too man!

#Rock&Rye

Lol all that moment was missing was me playing the sad trombone sound. Was great meeting ya and giving you the THP history lesson...good luck in 2 weeks

Lol all that moment was missing was me playing the sad trombone sound. Was great meeting ya and giving you the THP history lesson...good luck in 2 weeks
I'm not 100% sure but I believe somewhere off in the distance (aka the crappie house side of the course) there was a sad trombone sound playing.

Sitting on the tarmac in the rain waiting. Want to thank Robozeo for buying my lunch Saturday during the cash only fiasco. You wouldn't let me pay you back but I will find a way.

Thanks buddy.

I'm not 100% sure but I believe somewhere off in the distance (aka the crappie house side of the course) there was a sad trombone sound playing.

There was one scary arse pool on that side of the course.

Despite the first impression I may have given you, it was good to meet you too man!

#Rock&Rye
You mean the one where I introduced myself to you at the restaurant and then put my hand out for a handshake and you looked me square in the eyes, said I DON'T CARE, then turned back to your table and polished off your rock & rye. It was the best introduction anyone has ever given me haha

Some random thoughts:

72 hours in Michigan... 4.37 with sunshine...

The Blue Angels never get old...

If MusicMaster and I were playing in a THP event as partners, that would be a LOT of blue and #TeamSmurf FTW!

PhillyV crushes a driver... and has a phenomenal Pandora station...

441s #CropDusting must have been inspired by the WWII air show earlier...

BullFrog rocks Puma... like a BOSS... don't you dare say any bad things about the local trees!!!

I really like fast greens... so does the Nead

Those #Grandaddy Aqua dry bags are saweet! So are the stories, tons of excitement in the air for them...

jdtox - can really golf his ball... also great choice in Sunday scripting too #winnerswearyellow... i know it wasn't your lazboy but glad we finally got you that cot last night...
l
golfinff - #KingofPaceofPlay Jason helped ensure our 2nd round finished under 4 hours... too bad he didn't do it sooner

tpluff - dude is awesome! Similar to his Sunday golf game, never seen a better golfer on a Sunday... also one of the bests hosts/people I've ever met.

Love golfing with Michigan Slice, always makes a fun round that much better. Also, most of the waitresses were pretty impervious to his shenanigans... must be an out of state thing... Hope the wings you got Louann get you out of the dog house... Also thanks for #Faygo Rock and Rye was pretty good and that ginger ale was better better than seagrams...

jspangs - huge thank you for letting me borrow your truck, big help for me... trivia at BWW was a blast, too bad trivia isn't our strong suit... next time no food or beers we'll just order water and go by ourselves to play trivia...

Soft conditions at Lakes of Taylor today... definite scoring conditions and low scores out there...

Once again, huge thank you to Mike and Tyler for setting everything up and being such great hosts...

time to board.... safe travels everyone!

More to come...

Back soreness is setting in. I'm sure it has nothing to do with playing 72 holes this weekend and trying to keep up with the young guns off the tee. More likely from all the putts I hit. I'm almost certain nearly half of my score was from putts. Lol

Also want to thank OITW for letting me crash in his room last night and tpluff for a little shaft swap that I think might work out pretty well if today was any indication.

Landed in Nashville. Now let's hit the road!

Back