Sometimes you're just lucky!

bendalbey

Reaction score
Handicap
TheTeeBox
It is occasionally better to be lucky then good!

image.jpg1.jpg

I'd rather be in the sand 99% of the time.

I'll take a greenside bunker over a hairy lie in the rough any day

yea, I'd call that unlucky. Give me that nice bunker vs that downhill lie 3/4 buried ball shot any day. Unless of course you just cannot get out of a bunker.

the only lucky part is you didn't end up near the lip. I too would rather be in the bunker than have that lie in the grass.

I've had that happen once or twice,the golf gods are with you.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Ball looks good enough for me and I don't mind the sand. Now...I would confirm that after I landed on the green of course.

I would have rather been in that bunker haha. The only lucky part about that is it looks like you might have had a decent stance on top of that patch, which is very lucky since the alternative would have been to stand in the bunker with the ball way above your feet.

I'm taking that over the bunker 10 out of 10 times.

I'm confused. That bunker has rake marks, and I haven't been in it yet. I've never seen that at my course.

It's ALWAYS better to be lucky than good.

Sand = doom. I'd rather hit a ball off the back of an alligator.

I'm taking that over the bunker 10 out of 10 times.

I would have said that earlier this season when my bunker ability went on a temporary vacation but I may agree if that ball was up on the more bare spot and also sitting up top the little hill nicely but that ball is buried and down hill lie. This one just might end up in the bunker anyway or any number of places.

Personally I'd much rather come out of that rough then the sand. I don't mind those lies, especially compared to a sand lie. But only around the green. Up and down for par on this one so all worked out in the end.

I'm confused. That bunker has rake marks, and I haven't been in it yet. I've never seen that at my course.

Sounds like my course - but what are these things you call rakes? LOL
I'm with the OP, I'll take that fluffy lie over sand any day.

I like the looks of that sand better than the rough!

Haha that kind of looks like #9 at Caledonia.

Last edited:
The ball looks like it's sitting up pretty well, so I'd say that's a win. I'd rather hit from the grass than the bunker, most of the time.

I had a lie like that in my last game. My playing partner, a lady, said maybe I'd be better off in the sand. So true. To hit the thing, I had to have one foot on the turf, another foot in the bunker, and the ball was up to my hips. Needless to say, I shanked the thing. I'll count my luck after I hit this shot.

feh. unless you have a good standing long jump. you're still rakin' :act-up:

Back