What American Accent do you have?

100 % The South

I guess I have one of them thar southern accents :D

Example:

MUNTS - noun. A calendar division.
Usage: "My brother from Jawjuh bard my pickup truck, and I aint herd from him in munts."​

Example:

Usage: "My brother from Jawjuh bard my pickup truck, and I aint herd from him in munts."​

Hahaha, sounds just like you Bill, but you forgot to mention your ol' coon dog.

Cajun is a one of a kind language, but I love hearing people talk that have that accent. I wish I had that accent. Unfortunately, I'm too far north in the state to have it. Maybe I need to move down there for a while to see if I can pick it up.

I occasionally get casing crews on my drilling rig from cajun land. Last crew I had I seriously couldn't understand the pusher, I speak better Spanish than I do Cajun.

Hahaha, sounds just like you Bill, but you forgot to mention your ol' coon dog.

I got him locked up in the barn tonight:D The wind was blowing so hard today that he looked like one of them flying squirrels hopping through the woods :bulgy-eyes:

Pretty cool thread! Cool to see where all the THPers are and their accents

80% North central.
Pretty accurate spent 16 years there. Every once in awhile the huge accent comes out.

100% southern accent. Thing is I have lived in southeast VA my whole life and do not consider my accent to be southern, however my students would disagree.

I have a neutral accent. Born in the south from pure southern parents, but have purged the drawl. Still it can come out when drunk or hanging with a bunch of good ole boys.

100% West. Although I grew up in MO, KS.

I have a neutral accent. Born in the south from pure southern parents, but have purged the drawl. Still it can come out when drunk or hanging with a bunch of good ole boys.

True story: I had a pretty thick Southern accent growing up in South Carolina. I actually lost my accent when I attended Clemson. I hung out with too many northern kids while I was there. :D

Inland North. Raised in Michigan... It fits.

88% Midland, somethings wrong with this I think. Most anyone who's heard me speak laughs at my southern draw.

Love hearing my Jeff Foxworthy sounding buddy speaking. :thumb:

Example:

I have never noticed your having any accent. :bulgy-eyes:

I have a slight hick accent. I try to hide it at work but it sometimes slips out.

I'm born and bred Chicago, but somehow ended up with 80% Southern.

Dan

I ended up 88% Midland, not sure if that is right or not, I always sound like this so I don't know.

I'm 85% Inland North. Pretty wild because I lived in the Midwest for 14 years but have been in the south for the last 18.

Example:

Yeh want sum Cohn bwead?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Back