New Jersey - 2013 THP Invitational Series Sponsored By TaylorMade Golf

In the end it is really about having fun anyway, everyone wants to win a prize but at least in Myrtle, after the first few holes it was just a fun round and the winning part of it did not matter much.

I just dont want to pull a TexasHacker and shoot in the high 90's while my partner shoots 75.... (Love you Taylor)

After the performance I put on Saturday, I feel bad for whoever draws me.

Likewise. I was in the 90s even with two birdies on Saturday.

In the end it is really about having fun anyway, everyone wants to win a prize but at least in Myrtle, after the first few holes it was just a fun round and the winning part of it did not matter much.

Exactly, it will turn into a fun round after hole 1

124 is what I shot

So work on a few things and next time out shoot 114. It's all about practice and gradually getting better. Its not going to happen over night. I have been playing for probably 15 years and my round last week I shot 94. Granted it was on aerated greens and my first round out but it happens mans. Hoping to improve today.

I am working on it. It's not going to get much better by AC. Getting used to the new irons is slowly working. That driver though ugh, I'm ready to Chutt off the tee

I am working on it. It's not going to get much better by AC. Getting used to the new irons is slowly working. That driver though ugh, I'm ready to Chutt off the tee

Seriously, go to the range and work on what I told you. I guarantee it will help. Also, work on your mechanics and dont try to swing to hard. Once you get the basic motion down, you can start to swing harder.

Yeah I will be at the range working on what the coach told me to do. I'm not even making solid contact yet on the turn. I'm just trying to get the hip turn and swing going without losing balance.
I'd like to be able to use what I've leaned in AC instead of keeping my feet flat the entire swing.

I'm excited for the tourney regardless.

Guys lets remember that this thread is about the Invitational. While we are loosely still covering it, perhaps a thread on swing changes, practice, etc would be a better fit.

Having been to 2 Invitationals, I can assure you guys that come the time to play, not many people will be thinking about competition. I didn't at all in either one I went to, even the ATL event that I won. Playing with THPers is so awesome that thinking about the competition only hampers the fun!

Having been to 2 Invitationals, I can assure you guys that come the time to play, not many people will be thinking about competition. I didn't at all in either one I went to, even the ATL event that I won. Playing with THPers is so awesome that thinking about the competition only hampers the fun!

Totally agree! I'm not going to AC because I could win a driver... ( although as remote a chance as I have for that, it would be nice! ) I'm going because at the last two invitationals ( AC, MB ) I had a blast and played with some great guys!

Yeah I didn't put my money in because I came to win a driver. If that were the case I would of just bought one and saved the money from the hotel and registration. All about coming out to my first THP event. Awful swing or not ill have a blast I'm sure

Yeah I didn't put my money in because I came to win a driver. If that were the case I would of just bought one and saved the money from the hotel and registration. All about coming out to my first THP event. Awful swing or not ill have a blast I'm sure

I'll make sure you are miserable. I am going to follow you around and yell in your backswing on every hole.

Haha, people talking doesn't hurt my swing. It could only help

Anyone else for Twisted Dunes on the Friday right before this? 10:30 tee time. Motoo! You know you want to. 2 spots open still.

Me
jlukes
TheCrest4
DarrenK
Kobey
Clemenza

Someone step up! I can't be the only one to shoot 200 that day.

FYI i booked a 4 some at Atlantic City CC at 11:10 on Sunday the 5th.... Myself Motoo Golf4life and my buddy will be playing there theres plenty of tee times and you don't have to pay up front but you do have to put a credit card down to reserve the times. i'm not sure where everyone is planning on playing on Sunday but thats were we are going and anyone that wants to come the more the merrier. figured since i'm only playing 2 rounds that weekend might as well play another really nice course on Sunday! plus its Bretts birthday so gotta go big or go home! hope some other people grab some tee times after should be a good time.

what was the rate?

what was the rate?

it actually gets cheaper after 11.... its $140 from $195. saturdays its $225 so its obviously very expensive course but i'm only playing at Blue Heron and here so i figured i'd spend the money to play there once. always good to treat yourself to a really nice course every once and a while.

Maybe we could get a group together for a better rate? There are a number of us who want to play Sunday.

Ken

Maybe we could get a group together for a better rate? There are a number of us who want to play Sunday.

Ken

I dunno I didn't call. I don't usually see places like that giving group rates. Figured I'd just book a tee time plus it didn't seem like most people were interested in paying that much to play. Give them a call worse they can say is no.

Getting pumped for this event all!

I just got back from my bachelor party in Myrtle Beach so I haven't been around much.

What did they say it would run per person, Buck?

What did they say it would run per person, Buck?

I just went online and booked it. $140 after 11 I got the 11:10 tee time. It's $195 usually before 11. Plus Michael phelps plays there so I may run into him haha

Back