Wedge Shoot Out is Official

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The invitations have all been sent and here is who was invited.

Titleist *
Callaway *
Cleveland * ---CG12 and CG14
Taylormade *
Nike *
Eidolon *
Nickent *
Sunset Beach
Bridgestone *
F2
Mizuno * ---Both types of their wedges
Ping
Adams * ---Puglielli
Solus
Feel *
Tour Edge
Wilson Staff *---TW9
Miura *
Scratch
Bobby Jones
Hippo *
Srixon *
When a company commits we will put an asterisk by their name. All invitations were just sent out, so we will start hearing from companies over the next few days.

Last edited:
Hey JB, will they not work with you Bobby Jones Ortiz wedges? I see enough of the dam infomercial, wouldnt mind seeing how they do.

• Admin
Im adding that one to the list. The invitation just went out.

Cool, I hope they get back to you. At 130 bucks, im interested to see how they do.

lookin' forward to it JB. Interested in how well Cleveland preforms against its competitors.

why you didnt include the X-Factor Air Wedge in this I will never understand, hehe

AirWedgeStill-small.gif

• Admin
I knew I was missing one RS...hehe

Hopefully you will get a good response from the companies, I'm really looking forward to the shootout.

This should be interesting.

I think if you guys check the original post, you will see that we are getting a great response to this so far in just one day.

The invitations have all been sent and here is who was invited.

Titleist
Callaway
Cleveland *
Taylormade *
Nike
Eidolon *
Nickent *
Sunset Beach
Bridgestone *
F2
Mizuno *
Ping
Adams
Solus
Feel *
Tour Edge
Wilson Staff
Miura *
Scratch
Bobby Jones

When a company commits we will put an asterisk by their name. All invitations were just sent out, so we will start hearing from companies over the next few days.

There's one who probably won't participate

never be sure Dent. Everybody gets the same invitation and we have been conversing with them quite a bit. Some companies just DO NOT like their products reviewed. That is fine with us and to each their own. However you know my stance on the charity side of it.

Adams agrees to be a part of this.

Adams agrees to be a part of this.

Just spotted that as I browsed through. I was surprised, but it's a good surprise to see them participating!

Of course Dent.

Looking to forward to this one to see where my wedges stack up. I play the Adams and they have worked out great.

Lots of the companies are chiming in and sending stuff. We expect to get more and more participants as the next few days come.

I'm hoping wilson staff participates in the shoot out.

We invited them, we shall see. We hope so too.

I'm hoping wilson staff participates in the shoot out.

yeah, i like Wilson Staff stuff too. id like to see how they stack up

Will be interesting since the visual side of wedges is so important, to me anyway. Have to like the look to perform surgery. To me the personal side of wedges and putters, actually all clubs causes us to like some and not others. If you don't like how it looks you will now hit it well.

i really hope Tour Edge (Exotics) sends some of their wedges in. im VERY curious about the EXTREME SPIN series

That is what we loved about the Putter shoot out. It was so personal, yet so many loved the same putters.

JB your point is a great one. Sometimes I wonder if the marketing of say Vokey and SC is just what it is - Hype. I believe that SeeMore and Rife make much better putters than SC, but according to the marketing no tour player would ever use them because it would be beneath them.

Back