2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jman have you used the Red? It's between that and the Silver. I just want something that is going to soar high and land soft. I'm just worried that going with a high launch shaft is going to be too high.

JB you have played with me a few times. If you are reading this, please pipe in and tell me I'm worried for no reason lol

go silver dude. It's exactly what you are describing. I know you probably don't remember hitting it in my hybrid last year. But it's a great combo. Ball gets up quick and just seems to carry. I would think it would be perfect for you.

The VTS is a PHENOMENAL hybo shaft series Chunky. I'm shocked more didn't go that way honestly. Hell, its BEYOND an underrated series in woods and hybo's.

Let it rip.

agreed buddy, it's my #2 choice from the Cobra offerings. They were having some issues getting the VTS shafts in for our last round of orders, but we shall see.

Jman have you used the Red? It's between that and the Silver. I just want something that is going to soar high and land soft. I'm just worried that going with a high launch shaft is going to be too high.

JB you have played with me a few times. If you are reading this, please pipe in and tell me I'm worried for no reason lol

I've played all three in the line buddy, in hybo's, fairways, and drivers.

go silver dude. It's exactly what you are describing. I know you probably don't remember hitting it in my hybrid last year. But it's a great combo. Ball gets up quick and just seems to carry. I would think it would be perfect for you.

I agree with Dean honestly. They all launch nicely in hybo's, even the black, all closer to mid with the silver dead in the middle. In the VTS line its more about the torque than it is the launch. If you're concerned about too high, go silver, but honestly I believe you'd like them both a lot.

agreed buddy, it's my #2 choice from the Cobra offerings. They were having some issues getting the VTS shafts in for our last round of orders, but we shall see.

People are sleeping on them for "fancier" options IMO. Oh well!

People are sleeping on them for "fancier" options IMO. Oh well!

I tried choosing mine this time by weight. Had to speculate what iron shafts I am going to end up receiving and didn't want them to be heavier than my irons. I didn't want to end up with a 90 gram hybrid shaft and a 75 gram iron shaft. Can't wait to find out what shows up.

I tried choosing mine this time by weight. Had to speculate what iron shafts I am going to end up receiving and didn't want them to be heavier than my irons. I didn't want to end up with a 90 gram hybrid shaft and a 75 gram iron shaft. Can't wait to find out what shows up.

Can't blame you there, that would just be awkward. I'm looking forward to seeing what you end up with as well....

And interviewing you about it. Hehe

Can't blame you there, that would just be awkward. I'm looking forward to seeing what you end up with as well....

And interviewing you about it. Hehe

James: ddec why didn't you hit the 3?
Dean: Because I was playing b%$#* golf like my mentor.

James: ddec why didn't you hit the 3?
Dean: Because I was playing b%$#* golf like my mentor.

James: Dean we can't use that take now, thanks.

James: Dean we can't use that take now, thanks.

Dean: Good, because I should have hit the 3.

I can't wait to see some of your interviews. I hope people are ready.

James: Dean, why don't we let Nerfny come down here and hit that for you next time, you suck.

Haha, I've got expectations to live up to now. I hope they're ready too, no punches pulled.

Should this worry me?

Perhaps. I would just make sure you know your equipment very well. Know the buzz words that your sponsor uses on their site when talking about them. Also sometimes when you are out playing, get used to calling your shot. Say what you have you to hole, what you are trying to accomplish, and what club you are going to hit. Believe me it goes a long way so that when someone is holding a camera up to you prior to hitting a shot, it's not as big of a deal.

Perhaps. I would just make sure you know your equipment very well. Know the buzz words that your sponsor uses on their site when talking about them. Also sometimes when you are out playing, get used to calling your shot. Say what you have you to hole, what you are trying to accomplish, and what club you are going to hit. Believe me it goes a long way so that when someone is holding a camera up to you prior to hitting a shot, it's not as big of a deal.

You're such a wily veteran sir.

Order in peeps! Jman & Dean approved:

Loft and hybrid or fw wood – J40 14* 3W
Grip – REL 3GEN ELECTRIC BLUE
Length – 42.5”
Shafts –Diamana Ilima 70 Stiff
Any other requests - D2 if possible

Loft and hybrid or fw wood – J40 2 Hybrid
Grip - REL 3GEN Purple
Length – 40”
Shafts –VTS Hybrid Silver Stiff
Any other requests – D2 if possible

Loft and hybrid or fw wood – J40 3 Hybrid
Grip - REL 3GEN Purple
Length – 39.5”
Shafts - VTS Hybrid Silver Stiff

Loft and hybrid or fw wood – J40 4 Hybrid
Grip - REL 3GEN Purple
Length – 39”
Shafts - VTS Hybrid Silver Stiff

I approve buddy. Nice job. Also now I know your address.

Awesome info. Thanks bud

You'll be very happy with that Chunky. Mark it down.

I approve as well Chunky. I love the VTS silver in the hybrids. Such a great combo.

Haha I edited! Thanks dudes. Have heard awesome things about the VTS line and honestly since I started testing the Recoils, I'm a bit of a UST homer now. Dean I apologize in advance for the beat down I will be giving you because of my awesome equipment

I can't wait for my first Jman intereview!

Chunky I'm going with the same shaft in my hybrid. I'm pretty pumped!

Me too Bradd. I've read so many glowing reviews.

The fairway shaft is the one I'm stuck on. But in leaning toward the ilima or Kai'li. I'm loving the Kai'li in my driver

The fairway shaft is the one I'm stuck on. But in leaning toward the ilima or Kai'li. I'm loving the Kai'li in my driver

I have always loved the Kai'li in my driver. I just am looking for a touch higher launch. I think the I'lima is exactly what I want

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back