UST Mamiya Recoil Shafts Review Thread

I find myself wasting a lot of time at the range just seeing how low I can flight these. Last time I went, I brought my steel shafted Mizzy's and went mano e mano. Well it was even steven. Everything I was able to do with the Mizzy/steel combo was just as easy with the Anser/Recoil combo. I think Hawk needs a set of these ASAP

My body is ready. Biggest thing that has my interest is the lighter weight varieties offering a little tighter launch than the shafts in the Bladez.

Your body would love them. I'm looking forward to getting out for 36 today with them before this one goes to paper.

As I've said before, steel performance and dispersion in a joint friendly graphite package, yessir!

Man. 36 holes sounds so nice right now.

Man. 36 holes sounds so nice right now.

One round for me and one round for my Hawk. Hopefully the rain holds off until this afternoon for me.

trying to decide if i wanna go F4 or F5 in the 125 gram they say F5 for over 105 swing speed for driver on the website which i think i am... but i don't swing like that with my irons so i'm trying to decide whats best for me.... anyone have these and wish they went stronger or softer flex? looking for some feedback thanks guys.

You can flat out stick it out there, but with the irons I'm thinking F4. Then again I'm second guessing things I do all the time and just my .02. Would give you the control you want with the iron's and still hold up to your swing...both pin and fun. Those still have me dreaming about power, control and future playability with the aging body. Enjoy whatever you go with!

trying to decide if i wanna go F4 or F5 in the 125 gram they say F5 for over 105 swing speed for driver on the website which i think i am... but i don't swing like that with my irons so i'm trying to decide whats best for me.... anyone have these and wish they went stronger or softer flex? looking for some feedback thanks guys.

Buck I would play whatever flex with these that you play with your steel shafts. They are very true to flex IMO. I went with stiff softstepped once and I love it

I am playing the F4 and really like them a lot. My SS is right around 108 or so but I too don't swing incredibly hard with my irons. If I had to do it again I might hard step the F4s once but would be perfectly happy with what I have now as well.

I am playing the F4 and really like them a lot. My SS is right around 108 or so but I too don't swing incredibly hard with my irons. If I had to do it again I might hard step the F4s once but would be perfectly happy with what I have now as well.

108 is swing speed with your driver or iron? the flex fitting on UST website is 6 iron distance or driver swing speed.

i'm always right on the edge with flex.... i'm sure i could go either way but maybe hard stepping isn't a bad idea.

108 is swing speed with your driver or iron? the flex fitting on UST website is 6 iron distance or driver swing speed.

i'm always right on the edge with flex.... i'm sure i could go either way but maybe hard stepping isn't a bad idea.

That's driver. Irons isn't even close to that. Haha. I thought you were talking driver SS.

You could also soft step the F5s and they would be closer to the x flex side of things. When you hard step it tends to be closer to the stiff side. Just another option as well.

Buck, I honestly believe you could play the F5's with no worries at all for whatever that's worth.

Yeah just a decision I have to make, I think I'll be fine either way guess I'll see what I can get cheaper. I think this experiment is gonna happen and I'm excited about it. Everything seems to be falling together.

Well I snagged a set 4-LW 125 gram F5 now to find some irons to put them in. Thinking I may throw the wedge shafts in my scors.

Well I snagged a set 4-LW 125 gram F5 now to find some irons to put them in. Thinking I may throw the wedge shafts in my scors.

Very nice dude, I'm excited for you. I really think you'll enjoy them.

Very nice dude, I'm excited for you. I really think you'll enjoy them.

I hope so. I was torn on if I want to go through my entire bag but I think since I need to reshaft my scors anyway cause they are regular flex I might throw these in them as well. And have an entire set of graphite shafts.

I hope so. I was torn on if I want to go through my entire bag but I think since I need to reshaft my scors anyway cause they are regular flex I might throw these in them as well. And have an entire set of graphite shafts.

Well if you don't use/want the wedge shafts, I'm your man.

Well if you don't use/want the wedge shafts, I'm your man.

Yeah I am not sure now. Lol I'll def let you know.

Outstanding Buck! I'm pondering(poor choice of words since I know that I'm going to do it) going to a full set of Recoils including the wedges. I practice so much with them that it would be stupid to still have steel in them and have achy joints.

Jman, since you are testing these now, are you seeing the "kick" that some of us are feeling? Specifically on less than full shots with the scoring irons? Played the other day and really felt it on the course.

Outstanding Buck! I'm pondering(poor choice of words since I know that I'm going to do it) going to a full set of Recoils including the wedges. I practice so much with them that it would be stupid to still have steel in them and have achy joints.

Jman, since you are testing these now, are you seeing the "kick" that some of us are feeling? Specifically on less than full shots with the scoring irons? Played the other day and really felt it on the course.

Its definitely a different feel in the 1/2 and such shots in the higher lofted irons, its not a bad feel at all, its just different...especially considering just how stable they are through a full swing. These have been eye opening to review, to say the least. I'm going to get out with them again tomorrow for a couple of rounds and then I'll be ready to go to paper.

I always thought I would play steel forever, I guess with these I was both right and wrong at the same time. Hmmm...

Its definitely a different feel in the 1/2 and such shots in the higher lofted irons, its not a bad feel at all, its just different...especially considering just how stable they are through a full swing. These have been eye opening to review, to say the least. I'm going to get out with them again tomorrow for a couple of rounds and then I'll be ready to go to paper.

I always thought I would play steel forever, I guess with these I was both right and wrong at the same time. Hmmm...

I know what you mean. The bad rap that graphite has is warranted since so many companies have put substandard choices as stock offerings for so long. Most will take those off the rack and take a few swings and just permanently feel that graphite is crap. Put a set of these in someones hands and don't tell them they are graphite. They will not know they are graphite until you tell them. I know this because I've done it 3 times now. It's fun to see their reactions. Especially the "young pro" who thinks he needs only tour steel shafts. That dude was astonished lol

I know what you mean. The bad rap that graphite has is warranted since so many companies have put substandard choices as stock offerings for so long. Most will take those off the rack and take a few swings and just permanently feel that graphite is crap. Put a set of these in someones hands and don't tell them they are graphite. They will not know they are graphite until you tell them. I know this because I've done it 3 times now. It's fun to see their reactions. Especially the "young pro" who thinks he needs only tour steel shafts. That dude was astonished lol

I did just this last week at a local course, got one of the assistants to come out on the premise that they are always eager to see what I'm reviewing next. I actually told them it was the DPC's and he went to town with the 8i, then after about 15 balls of ooh'ing and awe'ing I told him they were graphite....mind blown.

Then I told him the price....oof.

got my shafts today and they look so freaking good! i can't wait to get my irons and wedges changed over to these. prob gonna be a month before i get everything switched out but its gonna be the best looking set i've ever owned. and looking good makes me play good!

got my shafts today and they look so freaking good! i can't wait to get my irons and wedges changed over to these. prob gonna be a month before i get everything switched out but its gonna be the best looking set i've ever owned. and looking good makes me play good!

I like it! What irons are you putting these in again? Next time we get to tee it up I will have to try those F5s.

Buck you are going to love them! Went to the range tonight and was just god awful. I could not hit a solid shot to save my life. These shafts do not feel so good on shanks. I tested that a bunch tonight

Back