It's amazing seeing the progression in this thread, Blu. I hope mine is as successful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. Swing is looking good

It's amazing seeing the progression in this thread, Blu. I hope mine is as successful.

Thank you, It is fun to look back.

I played 18 today and then hit a small bag of ball on the range. All I kept saying in my head, stay tall.

That's just funny because all Tom tells me is to keep crouching down more. Good looking swing!

That's just funny because all Tom tells me is to keep crouching down more. Good looking swing!

I have a lot of dip in my downswing. We are trying to get rid of that

I have a lot of dip in my downswing. We are trying to get rid of that
Looks like you've made solid progress in that regard. That reminds me I need to setup my next lesson.

Looks like you've made solid progress in that regard. That reminds me I need to setup my next lesson.

I really want to get a 3 hole playing lesson with him. Just for management abilities.

I really want to get a 3 hole playing lesson with him. Just for management abilities.

Yea. Don't get me wrong I liked Tim but I've improved so much in 3 lessons with Tom it's shocking. That is part of my game I need work on too.

Yea. Don't get me wrong I liked Tim but I've improved so much in 3 lessons with Tom it's shocking. That is part of my game I need work on too.

Different teaching philosophies. And swing philosophies. Tim really liked a big reroute to the inside, for me. Tom likes a very inside takeaway, at least with me. it's interesting really.

Different teaching philosophies. And swing philosophies. Tim really liked a big reroute to the inside, for me. Tom likes a very inside takeaway, at least with me. it's interesting really.

Which one is working better? Or is that a dumb question.

Pay attention to the left shoulder. It moves upward on the down swing. This usually means you're stuck and have to flip

Pay attention to the left shoulder. It moves upward on the down swing. This usually means you're stuck and have to flip
Got it

Quick question -- what should the left shoulder do on he downswing?

Took sometime today and had a lesson. We worked on swing path and being more consistent with my grip. Here are some swings from the day.

3i:

Driver:
[video=youtube;Iprin-7ZivA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iprin-7ZivA[/video]

Everything is feeling ok. I consistently worry about getting stuck. I feel like I am on the hairy edge of having major issues.

Blu, I just wanted to say I think the swing looks good. Thanks for posting I have enjoyed reading thru the thread.

Everything is feeling ok. I consistently worry about getting stuck. I feel like I am on the hairy edge of having major issues.

Is that a feeling with driver or all clubs? To my eye, it looks like you hang back a slight bit with the driver as compared to the iron at impact, but that may be a function of trying to hit the driver on the upswing.

Is that a feeling with driver or all clubs? To my eye, it looks like you hang back a slight bit with the driver as compared to the iron at impact, but that may be a function of trying to hit the driver on the upswing.
It's a feeling with the driver. I do hang back a touch. I like to make the excuse of the spine tilt and my trick knee not working in concert. But that's just a excuse.

It's a feeling with the driver. I do hang back a touch. I like to make the excuse of the spine tilt and my trick knee not working in concert. But that's just a excuse.

I have the same issue, I can hang back with my weight on my rear leg at times with that club. I think I've overdone the feeling of trying to hit up on the ball, my AoA was as high as +5 at times with the driver 2 weeks ago. I need to trust that having the ball position forward will get me to hit up on it without making other compensations with my body.

I have the same issue, I can hang back with my weight on my rear leg at times with that club. I think I've overdone the feeling of trying to hit up on the ball, my AoA was as high as +5 at times with the driver 2 weeks ago. I need to trust that having the ball position forward will get me to hit up on it without making other compensations with my body.
My AoA isn't that high. The highest I saw it today was 3° ish

My AoA isn't that high. The highest I saw it today was 3° ish

The +5 number was an outlier, but it was the highest I've ever seen. I don't like it that high, means the path has to be well from the inside just to hit it straight. I'd love to be 2-3 degrees up, would make it easier to get the path correct.

The +5 number was an outlier, but it was the highest I've ever seen. I don't like it that high, means the path has to be well from the inside just to hit it straight. I'd love to be 2-3 degrees up, would make it easier to get the path correct.
I'm kind of lucky. My path is close to 0. Face angle control is my issue.

I have yet to try the gbb but I hear it compares equally to the G30.

Back