Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Ball Review Thread

I have four or five balls left of my first dozen of the regular, white Chrome Soft - will definitely be trying out the Truvis version next time. Seems like a very interesting concept. Really like the idea for tee shots and putts (any shot you can line up) of being able to focus on a more specific area than just "the ball."

Just ordered some from the PGA Superstore.

Anyone have thoughts on the feel just in putting between Chrome Soft and Pro V1? I really like the hex pattern, just not sure on the feel while putting.

Anyone have thoughts on the feel just in putting between Chrome Soft and Pro V1? I really like the hex pattern, just not sure on the feel while putting.

It feels quite a bit softer to me.. Not good or bad just different.

I picked up a dozen of the Truvis balls and put one in to play today and I really enjoyed playing it to be honest. The ball does appear a bit larger and it seemed easier to manage the roll on putts. It was only 9 holes so hardly a large enough sample, but initially I enjoyed playing it.
I'll be curious to hear your longer term thoughts. I love a yellow chrome soft, but if the chrome soft soccer ball helps I'd be more than willing to give it a try.

I go back and forth from Chrome Soft/V1 2014/Bridgestone B330-RX/RXS and the Chrome Soft are definitely the "softest" to the (hand/fingernail unscientific feel). I really have no preference between them.

I've been playing these balls for about two months now and am in love with them. Initially I tried them out because of marketing hype, but I am a real lover of them now.

I love how soft they feel when struck properly, or at all really. That's exactly how I want a ball too feel.

I've had much more success getting balls to stop and overall have been impressed with the flight of the ball(probably not all ball related).

At roughly 38 dollars a dozen for a premium ball you just can't go wrong.

Previously was playing a Bridgestone E6 for the past two years. Have tried extensively the PROV1 lineup but the cost just doesn't match up with the benefits to my game.

It feels quite a bit softer to me.. Not good or bad just different.

Thank you for the insight, super soft is what I'm looking for on the green.

I have been playing this ball for 2 months and really like it, but with the Bridgestone Event coming up I picked up a dozen B330RX yellow today to try and will post some feelings tomorrow after the round.

Interesting that most stores are getting these on Friday. A local muni that I played last week already had them out on the shelves.

Just checked Dickssportinggoods and sports authority online to see if they listed the Truvis ones in Stock at the closest stores and they don't have then listed period. I need to go pick up my irons tomorrow any ways and both stores are within fifteen minutes of my fitter so I'll see if they have them in stock.

Pga tour superstore has them out already as well

I picked up a box of the Truvis on Saturday at my local pro-shop and Golf Galaxy had them on their shelves on Sunday.

I normally play a yellow ball when possible but I wanted to give the Truvis a try during my 9 on Sunday morning. It might be the novelty but so far I really like the Truvis and will play them instead of the yellow. All of my tee shots were in the short grass so for "testing purposes" (I wish) I hit a couple of errant 3W shots into the rough. I'm happy to report that they are easy to locate.

I thought the Truvis/soccer pattern would be distracting, but it really isn't. Focus on a golf ball is a really hard thing to measure so it is hard to quantify it being easier to focus on, but it certainly isn't harder.

Anyone have an in-hand of these? Don't want to judge these based off promotion pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll see if I can get TapaTalk to cooperate. So far TapaTalk is winning.

Edit: Sorry, TapaTalk crashes every time I attempt to insert a picture. :(
Sent from my G3 using TapaTalk Pro

Last edited:
Duffer, my tapatalk crashes if I try to take a pic and insert it. If I take it outside of the app then attach it, it works for me.

I just bought a dozen yesterday. Here is an in hand pic.
5c560cd30df0bd668bbd84128b2eaab5.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

I love that the color is RED! I didnt see these till yesterday evening, where have I been... Cant wait to get a dozen and try them out!

I saw these at my local golf shop on Tuesday and googled them when I got home (didn't buy them) quite a concept I guess. From my research I this http://www.todaysgolfer.co.uk/news-...tember/truvis-golf-balls-available-to-public/ from Sept of 2000 so it's not a new idea. I wonder if it'll stick with a big name like Callaway doing it? I may pick up a dozen just to kick them around to see, I do love the Chrome Soft!

Anyone know if this is a temporary promotion thing or if these are here to stay?

I put this ball in play on Tuesday. The same ball lasted up to my 3rd shot on the Par 5 15th, when it went for a swim after landing on the green and hitting reverse down into the stream! Really loving the performance of the ball and it's durability.

Alright, curiousity killed the cat. I picked up a dozen of these and will be putting them in play right away tomorrow. I'll channel THP equipment tester past and do a nice little forum review on these as I go.

First impressions came when they had these out on the putting green at my local golf shop when I stopped there on Tuesday. I was immediately intrigued and seeing a company like Callaway trying something like Truvis definitely made me even more interested. I thought the appearance seemed fine on the putting green, I didn't notice much in the way of the ball standing out or looking 3d like others have mentioned but that was indoors so we'll see tomorrow. I did like how you could get an immediate sense of feedback on the roll of your putt though, kind of reminded me of how some players mark an alignment aid and when you putt you can see how true your roll is compared to how the alignment aid stays in tact (mine usually wobbles all over hell for the record #notatrueroll). I think it'll be interested to watch on pitch and chip shots as well, more to come on that.

I won't get into the Chrome Soft ball itself, that's a great ball...I've been gaming it all year and love it but it's been discussed a in great detail in this thread. More to come tomorrow, this should be fun!

I am not sure if I understand the technology, but you think anyway they can/will do this on the yellow?

Back