Central NJ, Eastern PA & Surrounding Area Chat

I did make it home, had a shower and immediately fell asleep. Had a great time, didn't play especially well but had a good time. Mitch, Colt and Colt's invisible friend made up our foursome. Intense round to say the least, learned Colt's favorite expression is "Really?" his buddy didn't say much. Mitch played well really turning it on on the back nine. I hit alot of fairways and an equal number of sand traps. Guess I need to get out more and play more than my home course. I will certainly be looking forward to future events.
Thanks to Dev for making the arrangements and Buck for deciding how I would make my donations. And thanks to everyone else for making me feel welcome.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

I did make it home, had a shower and immediately fell asleep. Had a great time, didn't play especially well but had a good time. Mitch, Colt and Colt's invisible friend made up our foursome. Intense round to say the least, learned Colt's favorite expression is "Really?" his buddy didn't say much. Mitch played well really turning it on on the back nine. I hit alot of fairways and an equal number of sand traps. Guess I need to get out more and play more than my home course. I will certainly be looking forward to future events.
Thanks to Dev for making the arrangements and Buck for deciding how I would make my donations. And thanks to everyone else for making me feel welcome.

You are welcome to join us any time Jack, thanks for putting up with our crap. You just need to stay out of bunkers, you hit your driver straight all day, I was jealous. Slight correction though, Colt's favorite expression is "god bless america" but I think "really" was dropped by both of us every other shot.

You are welcome to join us any time Jack, thanks for putting up with our crap. You just need to stay out of bunkers, you hit your driver straight all day, I was jealous. Slight correction though, Colt's favorite expression is "god bless america" but I think "really" was dropped by both of us every other shot.

I agree with this. Jack, it was a pleasure and thanks for putting up with Mitch and Colt. Its kind of a THP right of passage. If you can survive a round with those 2, you passed. Hahaha

I agree with this. Jack, it was a pleasure and thanks for putting up with Mitch and Colt. Its kind of a THP right of passage. If you can survive a round with those 2, you passed. Hahaha

The good news is he wasn't with you, he certainly would have asked JB to delete his account by now.

The good news is he wasn't with you, he certainly would have asked JB to delete his account by now.

False. I am a fine young man. Not like you smoking heathens.

I seem to have lost my 5 wood cover, Colt's habit of leaving things behind must have rubbed off. Not that I don't have tons of head covers.

Thanks to everyone that came out today. I had a blast. Awesome seeing familiar faces and meeting some new guys. Special thanks to JackF for coming out and playing with THPers for the first time. Such a nice guy.

thanks for putting everything together sweet heart you're amazing in so many ways!

thanks for coming jack it was really nice meeting you..... AMAZING PUTT on 18 too! also i was happy to decide how you would make your donation i just wish it had gone in my pocket! haha

Great seeing everyone; it was a nice round. Good times were definitely had. Let's do it again soon!

And Dev, thanks for organizing!

False. I am a fine young man. Not like you smoking heathens.

Half truth... I don't smoke. I vape.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

I almost forgot to thank you, jack, for coming along. I really enjoyed our round... Or at least the back 9. :act-up:

Next time we should play somewhere without bunkers though. They were a thorn in your side all day.

Next time we should play somewhere without bunkers though. They were a thorn in your side all day.

I've been advocating for the slashing and burning of trees and cementing in of bunkers for years. It's time courses started listening.

Taps away

Ya gotta love New Jersey's wetlands laws. Try and get your ball out of environmentally protected areas and blackhawk helicopters appear. I don't think I have ever seen so many drop areas on a course.

Ya gotta love New Jersey's wetlands laws. Try and get your ball out of environmentally protected areas and blackhawk helicopters appear. I don't think I have ever seen so many drop areas on a course.

Agree with all of this. I also love how the starter told us it was ranked the number 3 public course in .... trailing off. ... at some point in time in the past.... trailing off.

Generally though, it was a nice course that I enjoyed playing much more the second time, with a little too many environmental areas chopping up the par 5's and what appears to be perpetual aerated greens. Yet the $2 bud light drafts were a great touch.

So WTF is up with NJ? It is illegal to put gasoline in your own vehicle in that pleasant state. Never in my life would I have ever believed that such shenanigans existed until I witnessed them first hand...

Even Rob's hat is forged in Japan.

By the hands of god himself.
Had a great time everyone. Give Francis another year and he's going to be the guy to beat, I'm sure of it.
Sorry about bombing you guys on 18. I did yell FOUR but I think it was a case of the boy who cried wolf. That and the wind. Just happy I only killed a golf cart and not one of you fine gentlemen. Thanks again Dev for getting us all together.
Mitch, you sand bag'n mother brother. Update your HC already. Buck, good round as always. Sorry you only shot 73. What a horrible score. I would just sell my clubs and give up.

Whats the count for how much crap Colt lost today anyways?

NJRob;2427420 I did yell FOUR but[/QUOTE said:
You are supposed to yell FORE no wonder they did not hear you!

So WTF is up with NJ? It is illegal to put gasoline in your own vehicle in that pleasant state. Never in my life would I have ever believed that such shenanigans existed until I witnessed them first hand...

Its also illegal to use your cell phone while driving in Jersey so watch that whenever you are there.

By the hands of god himself.
Had a great time everyone. Give Francis another year and he's going to be the guy to beat, I'm sure of it.
Sorry about bombing you guys on 18. I did yell FOUR but I think it was a case of the boy who cried wolf. That and the wind. Just happy I only killed a golf cart and not one of you fine gentlemen. Thanks again Dev for getting us all together.
Mitch, you sand bag'n mother brother. Update your HC already. Buck, good round as always. Sorry you only shot 73. What a horrible score. I would just sell my clubs and give up.

Whats the count for how much crap Colt lost today anyways?

Colt lost his e cig, not sure how it didn't turn up since its bright blue. He left a wedge on 4 but got it and met us at 5.

I updated my handicap, it went from 10.4 to 10.1

Multiple choice:
A) NJ is trying to help out with the unemployment problem.
B) New Jersyites don't like the odor of gasoline on their hands.
C) New Jerseyites aren't smart enough to operate a gas pump.
D) Why get out of the car if you don't have to.
E) There is no logical reason, but self pump gets voted down every time it is brought up.

Its also illegal to use your cell phone while driving in Jersey so watch that whenever you are there.

Colt lost his e cig, not sure how it didn't turn up since its bright blue. He left a wedge on 4 but got it and met us at 5.

For the record, this time I didn't leave it laying around. It just feel out of my pocket at some point. Don't know exactly when though.

and gas is usually cheaper in NJ -especially in south jersey before you go over the bridge

So close to single digi's. If I'd were you I'd be playing tomorrow just to break into them.

Back