XXIO Prime Driver

It's hard to find stores that handle these, much less have them in inventory. Would possibly be interested but not sure which shaft. Finding a better price on them seems impossible.

If you make it to a THP Event this year or when I am out in DFW once a month or so, you are welcome to test mine.

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]441 needs to put the new Fujikura Zero Speeder shaft into this head.

Even Mike would hit moon balls with a 29.5 gram shaft.
[/FONT]
Sounds like alot of work.
Im not touching a thing with this one

Thanks JB, I just might take you up on that.

I would buy an XXIO driver if I could find one locally (Pittsburgh). After contacting XXIO USA the nearest shop that "might" have one is in Columbus, a 3 hour drive.
I want to get fitted properly for one, but where? XXIO = No response.

If you make it to a THP Event this year or when I am out in DFW once a month or so, you are welcome to test mine.

I would buy an XXIO driver if I could find one locally (Pittsburgh). After contacting XXIO USA the nearest shop that "might" have one is in Columbus, a 3 hour drive.

Check out the above. Happy to let you put mine in play for a round and test on the FlightScope to see if its working for you.

Windmill Golf in Macedonia OH (which is between Cleveland and Akron) has a 10.5 and 11.5 in stock. A and R flex I believe. They wouldn't let me hit the 10.5 R flex though last time I asked because it still had shrink wrap on it. I am sure if you were serious about it though they would let you try them.

Because it's a bonded driver you'll probably struggle finding a place that has a bunch of shaft options to try.

If a anyone has tried both SR and R flex in the 10.5*, could you tell much difference? I guess I could just go with 11.5* and get the R as it's the only offering. I have my 913 D2 jacked up to 11.25* anyway.

If a anyone has tried both SR and R flex in the 10.5*, could you tell much difference? I guess I could just go with 11.5* and get the R as it's the only offering. I have my 913 D2 jacked up to 11.25* anyway.

I have both and definitely feel a difference in the way the shaft loads.
I should add that this will launch significantly higher than your D2.

I have both and definitely feel a difference in the way the shaft loads.
I should add that this will launch significantly higher than your D2.
Thanks JB, sounds like 10.5* with SR flex would probably work better.

You have to give some of these shops a break. They bring product in on thier own dime. My buddy can't bring in any more 2135 putters till he moves some Srixon product. If he brought in XXI0 drivers he would absolutely screw himself on any other Cleveland based products.

I agree with papaw ( see my comments in xxio 9 driver thread )
Had a titleist 915 d2 10.5 set to 11.5 reg shaft
Got the xxio 9 driver in s r 10.5
Ball flight higher than titleist and a looooooong way past it
Supposedly the prime higher still

Check out the above. Happy to let you put mine in play for a round and test on the FlightScope to see if its working for you.

Thanks JB, appreciate the offer!

I agree with papaw ( see my comments in xxio 9 driver thread )
Had a titleist 915 d2 10.5 set to 11.5 reg shaft
Got the xxio 9 driver in s r 10.5
Ball flight higher than titleist and a looooooong way past it
Supposedly the prime higher still

I have the XXIO 8 10.5 regular shaft and the ball flight is usually mid trajectory. I am used to a higher ball flight so will likely look for an 11.5 degree soon. That said, I am consistently 10-20 yards longer than my previous gamer (CG Black). It is also very forgiving.

It's hard to find stores that handle these, much less have them in inventory. Would possibly be interested but not sure which shaft. Finding a better price on them seems impossible.

It's not much but 10% today only http://www.mortongolfsales.com/

7e31a90d40bb4b8cab68ba089a3a801d.jpeg

Morton Golf's physical location is the largest golf store in Sacramento, Haggis Oaks Superstore. It's a great store because it's located at the Haggis Oaks Golf course and they allow you to demo any club outside on the range for no charge, meaning free range balls if you are demoing clubs. I'll have to swing in there today and maybe buy some goodies.

It's not much but 10% today only http://www.mortongolfsales.com/

7e31a90d40bb4b8cab68ba089a3a801d.jpeg

Thanks to DawgDaddy and Morton Golf I just ordered XXOI Prime 10.5*, stiff/regular (SR) driver and got 10% off plus free shipping!
Thanks THP!

Thanks to DawgDaddy and Morton Golf I just ordered XXOI Prime 10.5*, stiff/regular (SR) driver and got 10% off plus free shipping!
Thanks THP!

Looking forward to your feedback on it

looking forward to it!!

So have been reading this thread and all the love for this club, and I am lucky enough to live very close to one of the best golf stores in the country. So figured I would go see if they had these to demo. The answer was yes, and at an outdoor range, with real balls.

Hello there
attachment.php

attachment.php

I hit both the 10.5 and the 11.5 in Regular Flex. Unfortunately they only had regular or senior flex, no SR (stiff regular) which would have been better for me.

A bit about me, I'm a low ball/low spin player with a negative angle of attack, so do not get enough height/carry with my driver. Thus I play very high lofted drivers to help. Swing speed on the course is usually around 95, and hit it usually about 240 I would say. I can get my swing speed up to 100 and 250 or so if I really step on one.

So, a few thoughts after hitting these. It is the easiest to launch driver I have ever hit. Bar none. It is also very forgiving, on mishits, I mean really forgiving. It also spins a ton (at least to my eye, I was not on a launch monitor). That obviously keeps the ball in the air longer, but also for me, led to a bit more side spin as well.

It is crazy light. The shaft feels very whippy when you waggle it, but not as noticeable when you swing it. Having said that, the regular flex was a little whippy for me in the swing. And why is that? Because I was swinging this club faster than I've ever swung a club before. Had my SC100 with me, and was routinely getting 103-105 with this driver. (Added a few thoughts on this as well in a later post). For overall distance, on good strikes, it was definitely longer than my current driver, especially in terms of carry. Very likely due to increased swing speed and ball speed.

So would I buy it? The answer is I dont know. I would love to have hit it with the SR flex. I think that would have been a much better fit. The price, as we all know, is huge, so thats a big downside. I loved the launch and hangtime it provided. I did not love the side-spin it created for me. I was also more inconsistent with it in terms of strike than I normally am (probably also lead to the side spin). I'm sure some of thats due to its lightweight nature, and not being used to it yet. Maybe that would quickly go away.

My takeaway on it. Very interesting club. Is a great one for guys that need help getting the ball in the air, and keeping it in the air to maximize carry.

Sorry for the lengthy review, but I know many are extremely interested in this one, and don't have anywhere they could try it out. So I hope this helped. Happy to answer any questions as well. Was a lot of fun to test.

Last edited:
Thanks Lions81 for that review. You are so right, there are very few places that stock these and much less let you demo them. I just received noticed today that mine has shipped and can't wait to try it. It looks like they taped the face for the demo and I'm wondering if that might have contributed to the spin you noticed? The main reason I decided on this driver was the overall weight and the reviews given here. After playing with Apex irons with the recoil shafts I realized how much going light can help an old golfer like me and probably other people that can't or rather not put as much into a swing. Thanks again for the review.

Been thinking about this for the last few hours. A few things I would add to what I wrote earlier. I'm sure some of my swing speed increases were due to just pumping ball after ball and being totally loose. Had the same thing happen during my driver fitting last year. Definitely swing faster in that scenario than I do on the course. However, there is no question in my mind this driver (head and shaft) combo increases your swing speed some. The SC100 is not a Trackman etc, but its pretty accurate, and I was pretty consistently in that 103-105 range which is kind of crazy for me.

Would also add that I totally agree with others who have posted before about the sound of this one. It is AWESOME. I loved it.

Last note is when I asked the sales guy to try it, he was very surprised. Maybe because I'm a younger guy, I dont know, or maybe just no one really knows about it. I asked does anyone ever buy these? He said guys who want to hit the ball higher and dont mind spending a lot of $. Very solid answer. He also warned me that the shaft would feel like a noodle. Knowledgeable sales guy.

Last edited:
Thanks Lions81 for that review. You are so right, there are very few places that stock these and much less let you demo them. I just received noticed today that mine has shipped and can't wait to try it. It looks like they taped the face for the demo and I'm wondering if that might have contributed to the spin you noticed? The main reason I decided on this driver was the overall weight and the reviews given here. After playing with Apex irons with the recoil shafts I realized how much going light can help an old golfer like me and probably other people that can't or rather not put as much into a swing. Thanks again for the review.

Sorry it's just the glare from the picture I took. They didnt tape it up at all. And let the record show I was not the one responsible for the sky mark on the crown. Think I would cry if I owned this one and did that, with that price point.

I am sure you will love it. Especially if it sounds like its a good fit for you. Might take a little bit of getting used to, but it is extremely good at what it is supposed to do.

Back