Skytrak golf site now up, $$$ ?????

Unit received and is charging, I have to go out for a while so when I get back tonight I will set everything up and shoot some video and give a review.

Lucky! I'm still waiting on my shipping confirmation but I did order it at the last minute. Looking forward to your review.

OK, here you go. First off I have been hitting for the last hour, it was hard to pull away and do this, and I am going back out and try some of the challenges.

This thing is friggin AWESOME!

Ok, for starters yes the delay is about 4 secs, I am not concerned as I am sure the PC version will be much quicker and yes it will have to be for simulation. WOW! it is really accurate, I tried every club in my bag and I know my distances and my feel (5.0) handicap and this thing was perfect. When I setup to hit a low hook it did it, same for a setup with a fade, high lob, punch, chip no problems!

Someone asked about stability, the unit is really stable, but if you look at the bottom of the unit there is what appears to be places for a shield or base or something in the future.

Here is the link to the video, it is a dropbox link, if soemone knows how to upload a video directly to this site please let me know and I will do that also. I used a 6 iron in this shot which I usually hit about 180 or so, I pulled it a little but was really warmend up and went after it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gyopeywojp...R0370.MP4?dl=0

I hope the above works, please let me know if anyone is having problems, I can email you link also, PM me if needed.

How easy is it to switch between different clubs?

Looks like it does what it says & thats a nice practice set up.

How easy is it to switch between different clubs?

Very easy, the app lets you start a new session whenever you want, switching clubs is as easy as tapping the screen.

Nice setup in the garage,

How do the other numbers besides distance show up on the screen?

Nice setup in the garage,

How do the other numbers besides distance show up on the screen?

View the video again and look at the bottom of the screen, you will see all the info along there.

Nice setup and looks like it's a good product

Nice setup and looks like it's a good product

I am very happy with it, it will provide hours of solid game improvement along with some fun. If they come out with a simulator package with a software partner (E6 hopefully) in the future, even better. I purchased this to do exactly what it is doing now, providing accurate feedback so I can hit all winter long.

All right, I went to the range and hit a few, not easy it was friggin cold out there, I think about 30 deg. Sorry I have no video, nobody else was dumb enough to be out there and the range kid was not leaving his warm office area.

The unit is still very accurate as far as ball flight, everything I hit from draws to fades showed up perfectly in tune with the unit. The only exception were a couple of really bad slices combined with a big inside out push that the unit failed to really show how far I hit it right with my driver. When I miss right sometimes it can be really bad! As far as the balls themselves, it was hard to tell, for one these are range balls, I did notice the spin was a little less compared to my Pro V1's from yesterday, but the difference between warn and cold balls was not really noticeable.

ZMaxx and others here can probably go into detail on this, but I think it has to do with the limited space that the unit is calculating in. factors such as temperature, humidity, and wind are not affecting that brief moment when the unit is doing its work. I think these types of factors are more present in doppler units. The cool thing is that you can adjust humidity and wind in the app itself to reflect your conditions.

Sorry again on the video, but it was too dam cold, I can say the unit works in that temperature though.

Skytrak golf site now up, $$$ ?????

Really excited for thp to get one in for review. Could be incredibly useful, if it delivers consistently.

The detail has been great spudly!!!

Any chance we can get a screenshot of the output?

If you view that dropbox video on a laptop or computer screen you should be able to see the output all along the bottom.

I have a large group over here right now and we have been whacking away at it in long drive competitions and closest to the pin challenges. Several of the guys are big hitters with swing speeds in the 114-117 MPH range and the unit is keeping up great. Every guy is saying that it is on the money for accuracy and distance.

Spudly your killing the reviews on this and making it hard not to pull the trigger!

Glad to see it works well on the range and all your buddies are enjoying it as well.

I just received my shipping confirmation and I pre ordered at the last minute. I'm guessing they sent out most preorders today.

That's a sweet set up supdly, makes me want to get this even more now. Can't wait to hear what others think and if they see the same results.

That's a sweet set up supdly, makes me want to get this even more now. Can't wait to hear what others think and if they see the same results.

Just got my shipping notice today so should have it in hand next week. Going to test it against my SC100 and also an indoor Trackman setup.

Just a quick post on some limited testing I performed last night indoors against my SC100. Used my PING i25's 6i - GW and my SW/LW.

6i - PW results between the SkyTrak and SC100 were very close and sometimes exactly the same. SC100 didn't pick up the "bladed" shots as well distance wise but the SkyTrak did and showed my ugly worm burners on the screen. SC100 would just give a much further distance that I know it didn't go. On balls well struck the numbers were pretty close between both. Swing speed numbers tended to be higher on the SkyTrak (I believe this is a calculated number) but total distance stayed within +/-5 yards of each other over all clubs tested.

GW-LW was a bit different. SkyTrak tended to be about 5 yards short of what I hit distance wise and the SC100 tended to be 5 yards further. Both the SkyTrak and SC100 were very consistent on the number differences. Basically if SkyTrak said 95 yards the SC100 would say 105 yards.

From testing outdoors with my SC100 hitting wedges I already know the SC100 says my wedges fly further than I really hit (laser measured). Because of this I'll err towards SkyTrak numbers more.

Couple things I learned through hitting balls last night.

1. Use nice white clean balls that have a good logo. Face the logo towards the device as this gave more consistent spin numbers for me.
2. When you are hitting wedges the ball will back up some if you're a high spin player. I was hitting full wedges (58*) and was getting Carry of 99 and total of 96, so a 3 yard backup.
3. Play around with the wind, course, and humidity settings. I had mine set at 70% humidity with soft conditions. Gave close numbers to my course.
4. Direction and flight is spot on. I tend to pull hook and this device showed it every time. Worked to keep the face a bit more square and come a bit more from the inside and I was hitting beautiful draws all night.
5. Both the SC100 and SkyTrak give wonky numbers at times. The SkyTrak did this much less.

I will write up a more detailed review once I have a bit more time with the device. Overall I'm pretty happy with it!

Looking through my numbers and putting them into another simulator it seems the ball flight model for the higher spinning clubs tend to be shorter on the SkyTrak. I'm guessing that is why I'm seeing the lower numbers there.

The numbers being picked up by the device seem correct, it's just the modeling that seems off for my wedges. I spin the ball a lot so I'm assuming it's taking a bit too much off the carry based on rotation. When controlling trajectory and spin I tend to get near accurate numbers.

I'll watch to see if any updates come soon to fix this. Every other club is pretty darn accurate, getting supper excited for my winter practice sessions!

Sounds pretty damn good to me dude. Nice work on the update.

Looking through my numbers and putting them into another simulator it seems the ball flight model for the higher spinning clubs tend to be shorter on the SkyTrak. I'm guessing that is why I'm seeing the lower numbers there.

The numbers being picked up by the device seem correct, it's just the modeling that seems off for my wedges. I spin the ball a lot so I'm assuming it's taking a bit too much off the carry based on rotation. When controlling trajectory and spin I tend to get near accurate numbers.

I'll watch to see if any updates come soon to fix this. Every other club is pretty darn accurate, getting supper excited for my winter practice sessions!

Great review so far. I'm looking forward to playing with my ST soon. I did read that Skytrak is aware of issues regarding high spin shot distantance discrepancies. They are trying to have a quick fix out soon and a more involved update in January. The good news is that the issue does not involve the hardware, it's some type of algorithm tweak.

Great review so far. I'm looking forward to playing with my ST soon. I did read that Skytrak is aware of issues regarding high spin shot distantance discrepancies. They are trying to have a quick fix out soon and a more involved update in January. The good news is that the issue does not involve the hardware, it's some type of algorithm tweak.

Awesome, thanks for that info! The spin numbers were real close to wedge testing on a GC2 so I figured it was something easy to fix. Glad to see they will address it.

Since the spin numbers seem correct I'm going to do some spin number tests against a ProV1 vs a Pinnacle Gold to see how much difference I get for like hits. Will be interesting.

Back