Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
The following is a Press Release:

EXi Irons - Playability with Distance

Exotics EXi irons feature a more traditional shape with less offset, engineered for maximum feel and control with distance. The combination of a dual undercut cavity for a deeper center of gravity, and the new sole slot achieves a very thin sole behind the face. The new sole slot system delivers added distance by allowing the face to flex at impact.

A new, soft TPE encased insert in the cavity provides players with a softer feel at impact. The super thin face with an advanced new VFT design produces greater spring effect and solid contact even on off-center hits. Utilizing 431 soft stainless steel and a one-piece casting process delivers the feedback necessary for ultimate control and workability.

Suggested Retail: $599.99, (4-AW) KBS Tour 90 steel, $699.99, (4-AW) UST Mamiya Recoil graphite, $799.99 2x6 combo (3,4 hybrids/5-PW) KBS Tour 90 steel, $899.99 2x6 combo (3, 4 hybrids/5-PW) UST Mamiya Recoil graphite.

tee2-L.png

They look solid at address, but man...what is going on with the rest of that club? They look horrible. I hope for the sake of their business that they look better in hand, because those are not appealing in the slightest in this photo.

That stitch pattern look on the bottom is interesting, I wonder if it really adds enough face flex to matter.

They look solid at address, but man...what is going on with the rest of that club? They look horrible. I hope for the sake of their business that they look better in hand, because those are not appealing in the slightest in this photo.

I agree, I'll wait to see in hand pictures, but this doesn't look so good

frankenirons

looks like they're trying to take the slip stream motif through the rest of the brand, but it's too heavy-handed

• Staff
What I notice the most? $599

Yup - that's the first thing that jumped out to me. $599 for an iron with that profile - I'm intrigued.

Great price tag. A very nice option in a part of the marketplace that is woefully lacking. But the looks...woof.

I noticed that on the other preview thread as well. Fantastic MSRP for 4-AW with tour 90's.

Look strange but would be fun to try for sure.

That sole slot really wraps around the heel. How far does it go on the toe side?

I am an Exotics Guy... Yes the press photo looks like there is a lot going on. But at address, you cannot see it... I have some pics but I'm not sure how to upload them.

Back