Bennington QO-12 Cart Bag Review W/Pics!

mightyquinn

Reaction score
Handicap
10.5 oob
I have searched here and couldn't really find anything definitive of a review for this AMAZING bag so after scouring the internet I finally decided to take the plunge on this bag and I am glad I did. I am going to do a review of my bag after playing 4 rounds of golf with it over the weekend and give a little back story how I came to buy it.

I originally purchased an OGIO Chamber bag about 1.5 years ago to upgrade from my Nike Tour Cart bag because I was wanting a bag that didn't have a club manufacturer logo on it and one that would not allow the clubs to bang together without head covers. After doing research, the only bags that offered something like this was the OGIO, Bennington and Bag Boy. I originally liked the Bennington bag but couldn't find much info on it so I decided to go with the OGIO bag because of the Silencer feature which seemed pretty cool. Well after having the bag for 1.5 years, I ended up going through 4 bags because of wear issues of where the bag and the cart strap would lock into place. I will say that OGIO was great in exchanging the bags and didn't give me any issues there but I just thought for what I spent on the bag it should last longer than a few months before it wore out or ripped. The hair that broke the camels back for me was recently, I was not able to "lock" my 7 iron into the Silencer because a piece of the club liner came undone and was getting in the way of the club and plus a hole was wearing AGAIN in the bag. I was on the fence between the Bag Boy and the Bennington but just really liked the looks of the Bennington better and I was able to actually find some reviews of the bag this time that really helped. So on to the actual review!!

The Bennington QO-12 Quiet Organizer is a Cart Bag with a foam rubber organizer top. I ended up buying this bag from http://lorisgolfshoppe.com/p/BENNINGTONMEN/BQO-12_GREY.html because I found a 20% of coupon on line and was able to get it for $250 delivered, I did have to pay tax on it but I think because they have a store here in NC and there main store is in Myrtle Beach, it is mainly a women's golf shop but they do have some men's stuff. The bag shipped directly from Bennington in CA and took about a week to get here.

Initial impressions after receiving the bag is that the bag is considerably taller than a standard cart bag but the reason for this is to facilitate the club organizer on top. I will say the fit and finish of this bag is top notch and I really like the design and the hard plastic/foam panels on the side as it will give a little extra protection to anything in your bag and adds a little extra wear resistance too. There are plenty of pockets to store and organize all your gear and lots of space too! There are a total of 11 pockets(3 on each side and 5 on the front).

On the course performance, is really good!!! The QO works perfectly as I did not hear on club rattle or come loose during any of my rounds, one course I played has really rough cart paths, so I was able to put it to the test an it passed with flying colors as all the bumps I went over I never hear a club rattle or come out of the slot. All of the holes are plenty big enough to hold any size grip and the putter well is plenty big enough for most oversized putter grips, I have a Winn Jumbo Black grip and there is plenty of space to spare and I have midsize grips on all my other clubs and they move easily in and out of the bag. The organizer works by having slots for your irons and hybrids to rest in, it basically uses the weight of the club to keep it in there. All my irons are 1/2" longer and I have no issue what so ever with them working. Setting up the bag, I alternate my irons on each side(even #'s on one side and odd #'s on the other). There are 10 slots for irons(4 can be used for hybrids too), 4 slots for Driver, FW, hybrids, alignment sticks or ball retriever and of course a putter well. There is a ton of space in the top of the bag for whatever you may need or want and many options at setting it up to what you like. The only down side which is very minor is that since the bag is taller than normal most head covers seem to rest on the organizer especially the ones with a "sock" like sleeve on them. It really isn't that big of an issue but just something I thought I would mention. I never had any issues getting or putting a club in the bag.

Using the pockets on the bag work just as well and they organize everything really nice. There is a cart strap pass through that goes behind the "ball pocket" and the strap seems to only block the upper left pocket a little bit when on the cart. The strap may also block the full length pockets on the side but this can easily be fixed by moving the double zipper down a bit to ease access to the pocket. The ball pocket will hold 15 golf balls easily with room to cram a few more in there. The "valuables" pocket is nice that it has a separator in it to keep your keys and wallet apart. The cooler is really big and will hold 2 20 oz Gatorade bottles or a 20-24 oz water bottle easily with room for ice or ice packs or snacks, I also think it would hold a 32 oz. gatorade too but have not tried it yet. There is generous space in all the pockets for whatever you need to store in them.

I think as long as this bag will hold up I will keep it for that long and I don't seem to see any reason for it not to. If you have any questions or would like more pictures just let me know and I will accommodate you as best I can. I hope this wasn't too long and at least some what informative. Here are some pictures.

*EDIT*

I also forgot to add that it also comes with a hard case made of the same material as the hard panels on the bag that has a snap hook for you to store your GPS/Range Finder in if you wish, which would connect to either side of the bag since there are "towel" rings on either side. It also come with a nice rain hood with a double zipper to make access fairly easy.

IMG_0508_zpsa75a3300.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0503_zps0bc3198b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0509_zpsb23a7048.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0504_zps1e918d56.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0505_zps19576b7f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0506_zpsd2be9ec0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0507_zps38dbca40.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0510_zpsf1d6e6de.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0511_zps5b1786f5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Thanks for the review and pics. It looks pretty sweet.

Very nice review and a good looking bag. Hope that it holds up a long time for you.

Very nice - thorough review.
Enjoy the bag

Looks pretty damn cool. However, I'd need a bigger cooler pocket and never consider paying $250.

I would own one of these if I didn't have a stand bag that I refuse to leave at home.

Nice review, really dig the convenience this bag offers.

I pretty much love everything about that bag. I do have a few questions though. Have you tried it on a push cart? I'm curious as to how it would fit and the club interaction with a Clicgear 3.5+. Would this bag travel well? Or would it be too big and heavy to put into a travel bag? I'm not completely sold on any of my golf bags...which is why I have SIX of them. They all seem to do a few things right, but not everything. Ha.

I pretty much love everything about that bag. I do have a few questions though. Have you tried it on a push cart? I'm curious as to how it would fit and the club interaction with a Clicgear 3.5+. Would this bag travel well? Or would it be too big and heavy to put into a travel bag? I'm not completely sold on any of my golf bags...which is why I have SIX of them. They all seem to do a few things right, but not everything. Ha.

O'Carroll, here are some pics of it on a Clicgear 3.5, I have never used it on the Clicgear as I had planned to start walking but it hasn't panned out yet. I just weighed the bag with everything I have in it and it weighed around 37 lbs and from ground to the top of the Driver was about 4 ft. I think it would help protect the shafts more since they are not exposed while in the bag. Hope this helped.

IMG_0514_zps5c9c2dce.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0513_zpscbd34c4b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0512_zps669e5805.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I had considered this bag before I settled on the C-130. My main issue was that I had no idea if it would handle my +1" clubs. From your very informative review, it looks like that would not have been a problem... this Bennington will definitely be on my list if I wear out/get tired of the Sun Mountain I bought last month :). Thanks for taking the time to do this review!

Bag looks good. Has a sharp look to it and like the colors

Informative review. Looks like the cooler pocket is smaller than the one on my Ping Pioneer, but have searched for a quality "quiet" cart bag for awhile. Had the Bag Boy Revolver and Ogio Chamber. Both were big with minimal pocket room due to the mechanisms.

That's a great looking bag, and a really good review. I'm still undecided about using a push cart yet. I've always carried my clubs but at some point the time will come to start pushing, (doesn't it alwasy?) :laughing:

A little biased myself, but this bag is awesome.

As stated it works well on the clic with no problems, but looking to get the tour accessory to step it away from the neck. Storage galore and the chatter of normal bag carry/ride is next to nothing. You can get it pretty reasonable with a 20% off coupon here...picked mine up for about $225 to my door.

Great review and pics!

Informative review. Looks like the cooler pocket is smaller than the one on my Ping Pioneer, but have searched for a quality "quiet" cart bag for awhile. Had the Bag Boy Revolver and Ogio Chamber. Both were big with minimal pocket room due to the mechanisms.

The cooler pocket is rather large actually. This bag will surprise most in all that it offers. It is not even in the same league as the Ogio and BB IMHO...stellar.

Nicely done on the review. Really like he looks of these bags. I had been considering one of these before but cost won out. Ive seen them before and they look to be very well made. Do agree that I would like the cooler pocket bigger from the looks of it, but overall it's a very nice bag. Thanks for the review.

To the few that said they would like a bigger cooler pocket, how much stuff do you need to bring with you? I have never really seen a bigger cooler pocket than I have on this bag but now I will have to keep an eye out and compare it. I thought it was fairly good sized.

To the few that said they would like a bigger cooler pocket, how much stuff do you need to bring with you? I have never really seen a bigger cooler pocket than I have on this bag but now I will have to keep an eye out and compare it. I thought it was fairly good sized.

I wasn't one of those people, but for me I'd like to *at least* be able to fit in two 24oz sport bottle type water bottles (like ozarka bottles). Fitting two liter bottles is even better. Here in North TX, in 100+ heat and high humidity two liters is pretty much a requirement for 18 holes. Sure, I can buy more water or gatorade from the cart girl... but sometimes being frugal is a good idea and a lot of courses around here don't allow outside coolers. They generally look the other way for stuff that fits in your bag.

I wasn't one of those people, but for me I'd like to *at least* be able to fit in two 24oz sport bottle type water bottles (like ozarka bottles). Fitting two liter bottles is even better. Here in North TX, in 100+ heat and high humidity two liters is pretty much a requirement for 18 holes. Sure, I can buy more water or gatorade from the cart girl... but sometimes being frugal is a good idea and a lot of courses around here don't allow outside coolers. They generally look the other way for stuff that fits in your bag.

I deal with high heat and humidity here too but I have found a nice insulated water bottle works great as you can fill it with ice and just refill it as needed on the course so you don't have to be buying stuff from the cart girl. I will usually just freeze a Gatorade and throw it in the cooler on the bag and it is nice and cold come the back 9. Does your course not have cold water on the course?

That website has another, thinner, bag for 179 and when I was looking at it this morning, a coupon suddenly sprung from the bottom for 20% off. Code FT20.

I almost pulled the trigger.

That website has another, thinner, bag for 179 and when I was looking at it this morning, a coupon suddenly sprung from the bottom for 20% off. Code FT20.

I almost pulled the trigger.

Remember that code, sometimes that pop up changes to 10 it 15%. However, the FT20 still works at checkout. Their customer service is top notch.

Good review. I was looking at this bag as well about 10 months ago but wanted to see one in person and could not find that opportunity around here. Ended up going for the C-130 (found a deal-$50 and had only been on the course a handful of times, could not pass it up). I would like to hear about the longevity of all aspects of this bag as I am foreseeing that bennington will be very high on my list for my next bag purchase.

Good review. I was looking at this bag as well about 10 months ago but wanted to see one in person and could not find that opportunity around here. Ended up going for the C-130 (found a deal-$50 and had only been on the course a handful of times, could not pass it up). I would like to hear about the longevity of all aspects of this bag as I am foreseeing that bennington will be very high on my list for my next bag purchase.

I can tell you that if you like it on the website you will love it once it is in your hands. It just seems like a well thought out bag for carts. Some of the reviews I read on it before I bought it were that some people had them for over 10 years without any issues.

I also updated the first post with some info I left out.

Last edited:
one course I played has really rough cart paths, so I was able to put it to the test an it passed with flying colors as all the bumps I went over I never hear a club rattle or come out of the slot.

And you were hauling butt down those rough cart paths (where they actually exist). Next weekend, can I try it on my push cart to see how it fits? I liked the bag and immediately noticed that it was taller than normal, which could actually be an advantage on a push cart as long as where the strap goes around or through the bag is in the same place.

And you were hauling butt down those rough cart paths (where they actually exist). Next weekend, can I try it on my push cart to see how it fits? I liked the bag and immediately noticed that it was taller than normal, which could actually be an advantage on a push cart as long as where the strap goes around or through the bag is in the same place.

Rich, you know you can, I don't mind a bit. The cart paths at Scothurst are relatively smooth compared to the ones at Deercroft where I played on Friday with it. It is one of the few things they need to fix out there and add some sand to the bunkers.

Batman wants his bag back.

Seriously, great review. I'm curious about the hard case you mentioned for a rangefinder or the like, could you take/post a picture of that for us?

Back