What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
41/41=82 decent round. It was nice to see my wedges return to my bag!

Shot an 81 and it was all scrambling and putting. Who says hitting fairways is the only way to have fun lmao

Shot an 81 and it was all scrambling and putting. Who says hitting fairways is the only way to have fun lmao

Nice short game work. You don't want to be boring and hit every fairway.

This is true. The last few rounds have been far too boring. Nothing like seeing the trees, numorous bunkers and having those great deep rough lies. Definitely appreciated the 81 as I felt I earned it!

A very UGLY 77. Same # of birdies (2) as fairways hit. And not many more GIR at 7. Obviously the short game saved my arse again.

Played Magnolia Creek in league city just south of a houston this morning. First time ever on that course which was beautiful, links course, hills, deep pot bunkers, undulating greens. Played the Scotland and Ireland nines Shot an 82, double bogeyed 2 of the par 5s 7 & 18, had a 3 putt on 12 and dunked one on 14. Made one birdie on 17 almost drove the green on that par 4 and lipped out the eagle chip.

9/14 FIR
7 greens
1 birdie
1/3 sand saves
32 putts

so last 3 rounds have been 77, 79, 82. On a good roll right now and handicap should come down more next time around

39/42 - 81. New PB at Oasis! I did a good job of keeping my head in the round. 1 double bogey but I was able to bounce back and make par on a couple tough holes.

Congrats on the PB Andy!

Only got in 9 today, as Thor started in on banging Mjolnir in the distance. The range was closed for maintenance, so I decided I would "warm up on the course." That was a mistake. Shot a 48, which isn't terrible...but I shot +2 on the last 4 holes, and +10 on the first 5. Yeah, probably could have done with some warm up. Oh well.

Senior tees at Lake Jonesco with a friend from church, shot 40/39, 11/14 FWs, 8 GIRs with 33 putts with one 3 putt ( I did count any stroke taken with the putter today as a putt ), 2 penalty strokes. No birdies although I putted with 3 legitimate chances. Getting the game ready for my tournament over at Myrtle Beach in 9 days.

Crappy 89 from the blues at Southern Hills in Hawkinsville. Greens were faaassst!

Nothing wrong with that score at that course!

Senior tees at Lake Jonesco with a friend from church, shot 40/39, 11/14 FWs, 8 GIRs with 33 putts with one 3 putt ( I did count any stroke taken with the putter today as a putt ), 2 penalty strokes. No birdies although I putted with 3 legitimate chances. Getting the game ready for my tournament over at Myrtle Beach in 9 days.

79 at jonesco is solid! And shocked that you missed 3 FWs. Get it together Randy, geez. Haha

This is true. Some of my most memorable rounds have been like this.

46/43-89 with 31 putts and 5 OB penalties

81 and it felt great

Go Big Orange

A pretty unremarkable 39 tonight. I didn't play bad until the last two holes, but the score was much better than I deserve I feel. For the first time in weeks there was a kink in my tee game and I am very annoyed by it.

Time to get that sorted out.

so if you wouldn't have lost 5 balls, you would've shot 79? sounds like you had a pretty decent round, Frank.

45 - 37 = 82 Had a slow start on the front with a 45 that included a penalty stroke, and then started clicking with birdie / eagle / birdie / birdie to finish with a one over 37 on the back nine. This with hitting 12 of 14 fairways.

I know this game. That's been my issue during April/May. Hope you get that OB straightened out soon. I think I found what I was doing and have corrected said issue.

+4 40. Only got in 9 holes today as we got thunderstorms at the turn. Highlight of the round was a birdie from 20ft. I'm really happy with my ball striking and could use more work chipping around the greens.

Disappointing 42. Tee game was not there. Headed out in the morning to try to find it!

JM

Went out this morning in cool conditions for a round, have to take the fine days when they are here. I even took a screen shot on my phone of the temp, it was 4.0°C or 39°F. I shot a very average 82 off our white tee's, with 2 lost balls. Off the tee and irons just weren't clicking but my scrambling was saving me lucky, I ended with 26 putts for the day but only because I was putting my chips close enough. Did I mention I love the 588RTX wedges, they saved me from a blow out today.

Played like crud on my one year of golfing-versary. The CB #7 worked well though ... 35 putts, and a few of those were cleaning up lip outs. So last week I hit the irons well and putted like crud and this week it's the reverse ... can I please have it all come together at some point?!?!!

Sent from my SGH-T599 using Tapatalk

5 over 77 today. Great shots again but couldn't score.

Highlight for me was cutting the corner on a par 5 and leaving myself 110y to the hole. Hit my 51° to 6 feet and lipped the eagle. Just a poor putt with too much pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back