THP Live Round thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take 17 to go dormie on 18 again. Slow group ahead of us makes hashtag and ATL look like Usain Bolt.

So how did it end?

Dan how did u finish?

I got it done. -2 finish, but it was on the green/gold combos so the differential was only -0.4 -- Enough to get me to my goal though!
Nice dude...congrats

Nice dude...congrats

Thanks buddy. I've achieved my goal, albeit a very small tick forward. On the 1st of September, I'll have set a new record, and can go back to just enjoying the rounds I play. Far too much pressure trying to drop the handicap and I think I've all but had it with that.

2015. The year of golf = fun.

Thanks buddy. I've achieved my goal, albeit a very small tick forward. On the 1st of September, I'll have set a new record, and can go back to just enjoying the rounds I play. Far too much pressure trying to drop the handicap and I think I've all but had it with that.

Get to +1...more stroke for me

Tired of the grind?

Congrats Dan!!

Attaboy my friend. Well done.

Tired of the grind?

I just don't know what I'm doing it for anymore. Scratch was an obtainable goal. It's like that unicorn of a milestone that everyone tries to get to as a casual golfer. Having the MC pushing me made it less about dropping index and more about playing to my number with confidence.

I've been thinking about a thread to start, but I've had trouble getting my words right - What's next? Maybe I'll hit +1.0 during my next streak of great golf, but it is a very rocky, tough grind to try and get it there -- And I don't want to be the guy who's angry about a 74. To me that seems silly.

When I sit and think about it, the one reason I keep coming to is "fun" -- I want golf to be fun again, and I think I've started to get a pretty good plan in place. I also want to expand my knowledge on the swing and on clubs in general. People who I play with regularly ask for advice between their swing and their clubs, and I'd like to give them the best advice possible - as well as help people on here.

I just don't know what I'm doing it for anymore. Scratch was an obtainable goal. It's like that unicorn of a milestone that everyone tries to get to as a casual golfer. Having the MC pushing me made it less about dropping index and more about playing to my number with confidence.

I've been thinking about a thread to start, but I've had trouble getting my words right - What's next? Maybe I'll hit +1.0 during my next streak of great golf, but it is a very rocky, tough grind to try and get it there -- And I don't want to be the guy who's angry about a 74. To me that seems silly.

When I sit and think about it, the one reason I keep coming to is "fun" -- I want golf to be fun again, and I think I've started to get a pretty good plan in place. I also want to expand my knowledge on the swing and on clubs in general. People who I play with regularly ask for advice between their swing and their clubs, and I'd like to give them the best advice possible - as well as help people on here.
What about challenging yourself by playing in competitive events next year instead of focusing on the chase of a number? You could easily wreck some fools

I got it done. -2 finish, but it was on the green/gold combos so the differential was only -0.4 -- Enough to get me to my goal though!

Congrats dude. That is one hell of an accomplishment. I hear you wanting to get back to making golf fun. I'll be around, I can make golf fun, just don't ask for 10 strokes. Haha

Watching your index drop over the past year has been inspirational for many of us. With things like the MC it is easier to stay committed to better yourself. I know the rounds we've played together you've been a complete blast to tee it up with. I completely understand the hunger for knowledge that is a shareable commodity. But that is also along the line of becoming a better ambassador of the game.

My match ended even with Tyler. I will say this, if he played well against me today as I played today he would have killed me, if I played well against how he played today I would have killed him.

If we both played well, today it could have been very interesting!

I definitely felt pressure, as I told Tyler on #1 I'm nervous as all get out, I hung in there.

I won't speak for Tyler shots or misses but he left a bunch out there, I myself left a bunch out there, I felt the pressure and tried too many times to make the great shot when a good shot was the play.
I caught myself trying too hard a bunch of times. Just missed a TON of putts by inches.

I have more, and I look forward to the rematch!

Oh, on 18 I hit the 4 worst shots of the day... Consecutively.
Not the way to end the day, but I learned, and talked to Tyler about my thinking of what I need to be thinking in match play.

It was a great expierence, to those who doubted me... It's motivation baby!

Tie? Should have had a sudden death wrestling match.

Glad u fellas played...we need to play soon

What about challenging yourself by playing in competitive events next year instead of focusing on the chase of a number? You could easily wreck some fools

the same question was asked by the pro I trust to look at my swing the last time we got together. He said that if my handicap is around scratch, I should look into playing some of the local events around here.... But it's just not why I golf. Taking the game that seriously has never ever been a part of my life, and I play the game to get away from all the rigors of my real life. It's why I love THP so much, because there just aren't that many guys who are dying to play straight up for 5 dollars a hole.

I think it would be a great challenge, it's just not why I play the game.

the same question was asked by the pro I trust to look at my swing the last time we got together. He said that if my handicap is around scratch, I should look into playing some of the local events around here.... But it's just not why I golf. Taking the game that seriously has never ever been a part of my life, and I play the game to get away from all the rigors of my real life. It's why I love THP so much, because there just aren't that many guys who are dying to play straight up for 5 dollars a hole.

See I don't think much would change. Hear me out..

You spend all year working non stop at ur game to chase a number. There's no denying that.

Take that effort or heck even half of it and try it out competitively for the heck of it. Doesn't have to be for money and doesn't have to be long term and doesn't take away from you still having fun with thpers and friends.

My 3 cents of course as an awful golfer. Getting the competitive juices flowing every now and then has to be good for the soul right?

If you took the same attitude you have when your chasing a number to a little competitive play you'd do well.

If you just hit the shots and let the score come you'd do well and I think enjoy it because it'd be a new challenge.

Tie? Should have had a sudden death wrestling match.

Glad u fellas played...we need to play soon

Yes, a tie. If it wasn't for the slowest foursome ever in front of us, we could've played 18 again or something to settle it. CJ showed some really good things today, none of which were trumped by his humor and failure of a "hole of the day" (but really, his tee game has never been better). It was a great time nonetheless and we need to do a 36 hole marathon day for all the marbles. Great Lakes battle.

Yes, a tie. If it wasn't for the slowest foursome ever in front of us, we could've played 18 again or something to settle it. CJ showed some really good things today, none of which were trumped by his humor and failure of a "hole of the day" (but really, his tee game has never been better). It was a great time nonetheless and we need to do a 36 hole marathon day for all the marbles. Great Lakes battle.

I'll partake in this battle for sure!

I'm also thinking there should be a Michigan vs. Ohio battle in the near future.

+ 3 after 8. Srixon irons continue to be $$$

I'm also thinking there should be a Michigan vs. Ohio battle in the near future.

LOL love it!

I thought about this very thing today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back