How would you play this hole?

3 wood off the tee hopefully taking it right over that bunker.

#1 hole - 3 wood or hybrid right of the bunker with a mid to short iron in to the green.

Driver all day maybe a PW in

Looks like mini driver will be getting a work out.

Driver if the swing is flowing if not 3h

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Driver for me. Start it out down the left side and let it cut into the center. Target would be right center in the area of the bunker.

JM

#5 I'm hitting driver off the tee and hoping to leave me a 4 or 5 iron into the green.

#6 I'm also hitting driver off the tee and hoping to leave me a 5 or 6 iron into the green.

Driver or 3 wood down the left with slight draw depending on distance to water. I don't see the fairway bunker coming into play. From there short to mid iron into the green.

Why is all the water on the left side? :angry:

Aim driver at right trap and let it go!

Why is all the water on the left side? :angry:

Aim driver at right trap and let it go!

Course designer hit the ball right?!??

#6 I'm taking whatever club gets me just past the bunkers on the left side of them but can't reach the water. Not sure if that's a 3 or 5 wood from the diagram

#6 - I would not advise trying to go over the fairway bunker. Just lay back left of it with 225 / 230 club and focus on the approach. It's a scary one, very narrow and deep. Err to the front, anything left not on the green is wet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it's not a terribly long hole. definitely can carry driver over the bunkers, and only a big miss laterally will get you in trouble. it's a relatively benign hole that gives lots of options off the tee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought I would change up the way I posted the image. I like on the website how they add a view into the green.

#7 Par 5 RTJ Lake Course

9037f722c843da9cb5fbcf5077a051b6.jpg

With only the fairway bunker to contest on my tee shot I am hitting driver. Getting into good position to give a shot at the green could be in the cards on #7. Shots right of the green appear to be death as the lake is right there. Tri-level green will add to some frustration on the green if your short game is not intact.

Driver/HW/PW from orange
Driver/HW/SW from white

unless I want to go like Driver/6I/PW from whites

Need to see what it takes to carry that bunker...that will dictate tee club but common sense tells me no good comes out of going at this in 2. Need to drop the second shot 75-100 out in order to make sure I have a comfortable third to get on the correct portion of this green. Can't afford to miss anything right here.

#7 going driver, but based on what's around the green, probably laying up on my second shot.

Driver off the tee, layup second shot to best approach number, if you are not on the level of the pin this green can be a monster.

once again, not a lot of room to miss off the tee. it's a par 5 so you want to hit driver, and the fairway is relatively generous, but a miss can really put you in a bad spot. the smart shot is a fairway wood off the tee down the left side, then a hybrid or mid-iron inside 150, and a controlled short iron or wedge into the green for 2-putt that is not a given if you miss on the incorrect side of the hole. target golf here.

for me, it's a 3 shot hole so I tee off with driver or 3 wood whichever I'm comfortable with. then laying up to comfortable approach distance.

I seem to find the right side trees every time on this hole, so missing right may give you better recovery angle back into fairway.

Driver/HW/PW from orange
Driver/HW/SW from white

unless I want to go like Driver/6I/PW from whites

I would play this hole the same way. I woukd try to be just left of the fw bunker to tale more of the agua out of play.

For #7, I'm playing driver off the tee, 3wood, leaving me with about 90 yards into the green. I'll hit a PW from there and hope to be close to the hole.

So D/3W/PW

I am hitting driver off the tee. From there I am going at the green in two hitting hybrid or mid iron. The only exception to this would be if playing the tips and my second shot leaves my 3 wood to get home in two. I don't want to hit 3 wood into that green with the trouble lurking.

Back