The 2014-15 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear ya, I love seeing big name schools face off!
Hopefully this starts playing a significant role in determining end of year playoff spots for the FBS teams. How do you tell the difference between the third ranked team and the fourth and fifth? Strength of schedule, of course. It's time to let directional schools play other directional schools and the big time teams take on other big time teams. No more of this "You want to be the best, beat the least." approach to winning a NC.

Hopefully this starts playing a significant role in determining end of year playoff spots for the FBS teams. How do you tell the difference between the third ranked team and the fourth and fifth? Strength of schedule, of course. It's time to let directional schools play other directional schools and the big time teams take on other big time teams. No more of this "You want to be the best, beat the least." approach to winning a NC.

The Big 10 will stop playing FCS teams.

So will the SEC, doesn't mean they'll play big time programs though. There were rumors that the second the sec decided this Kansas was called by about 9 of the teams.

I would expect going forward more big names going after the lower tier schools of the power 5.

It'll be interesting. Should it happen your going to force Notre Dames hand as well. It'll be hard for then to win a national championship as is, harder going forward if other teams stop scheduling FCS teams. (Pfizer course some FCS teams are better then some FBS teams.)

The Big 10 will stop playing FCS teams.

So will the SEC, doesn't mean they'll play big time programs though. There were rumors that the second the sec decided this Kansas was called by about 9 of the teams.

I would expect going forward more big names going after the lower tier schools of the power 5.

It'll be interesting. Should it happen your going to force Notre Dames hand as well. It'll be hard for then to win a national championship as is, harder going forward if other teams stop scheduling FCS teams. (Pfizer course some FCS teams are better then some FBS teams.)

I hate playing mid level fbs teams, such as low-level power 5 teams. If you win, who cares, if you lose its a huge knock on your program. The teams are good enough to beat you early I'm a rebuilding year.

Not unexpected, but still a bit shocking to read this about David Ash:

Yup....it's too bad too. A good kid from all reports. But he's doing the right thing. Life is too short. The hits keep coming for Strong's 1st year.

That's just sad.

No. 8 Gorillas to Battle Ichabods at Topeka Saturday

The Pittsburg State University football team, the No. 8 ranked team in NCAA Division II, will travel to Topeka, Kan., Saturday (Sept. 20) to face MIAA rival Washburn University.
Kickoff is set for 2 p.m. (CDT) at Washburn's Yager Stadium.

Pittsburg State, the winningest all-time NCAA Division II program, improved to 2-0 on the young season with a 38-7 road win over Lindenwood University last Thursday (Sept. 11) at St. Charles, Mo. The Gorillas blanked Northeastern State University, 37-0, in their season opener in Pittsburg on Sept. 6.

Washburn leveled its season record at 1-1 with a hard-fought 10-7 road win against the University of Nebraska-Kearney last Thursday (Sept. 11). The Ichabods dropped a 44-38 decision in Topeka in the season opener against Lindenwood on Sept. 4.

Saturday's game will be televised live locally on Cox Cable 22 and across the MIAA geographical footprint, including KCMO (channel 62) in Kansas City, via the MIAA TV Network.

This will be the 85th all-time meeting between the Gorillas and the Ichabods in a series that dates all the way back to the 1921 season. The two teams met annually from 1941-2011, but did not face one another the past two seasons (2012-13)thanks to an unbalanced MIAA schedule.

Pitt State holds a commanding 61-22-1 advantage in the series. The Gorillas are 30-13-0 vs. the Ichabods at Topeka all-time, but WU has won the last three match-ups at Yager Stadium.
The Gorillas are 28-5 vs. Washburn in the last 33 meetings overall. The last time the two teams met, Pitt State claimed a 31-22 victory over Washburn in the second round of the NCAA Division II playoffs on Nov. 26, 2011, in Pittsburg en route to capturing the 2011 NCAA Division II National Championship.

Pitt State has won 267 of its last 315 regular season games, posting a phenomenal 267-46-2 (.850) mark during the past 30 seasons (1985-2014). PSU is 146-15-1 at home, 117-22-1 on the road and 4-9-0 at neutral sites in the regular season during that span.

passthru_imagecredit_DSC_0442.jpg

http://www.pittstategorillas.com/news/2014/9/17/FB_0917140846.aspx

OU wearing the alternates this weekend at WVU. I'm not a fan of this game to bust them out.

OU wearing the alternates this weekend at WVU. I'm not a fan of this game to bust them out.
Yeah, I can be a superstitious fellow when it comes to sports, and while I figure they have this game well in hand, I wasn't too happy when I saw the announcement on Facebook.

OU only 7.5 pt favorites. Seems pretty low, right?

OU's leading rusher is out for this game (and maybe two or three).

And while that was then and this is now, last time they were in Morgantown the Mountainers played OU about as close as you can get with OU eek'ing out a 50-49 win.

Nope, its a trap game from hell. We will find out if the D is for real. Losing the HB doesn't worry me, the other two are studs, but the defense does.

Plus, that is one drunk ass hostile crowd.

And while that was then and this is now, last time they were in Morgantown the Mountainers played OU about as close as you can get with OU eek'ing out a 50-49 win.

And Tavon Austin had LITERALLY 400+ yards.

Sounds like I should take the over instead haha

http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...itter-reaction-florida-state-seminoles-091714

Yes, lets don't blame the big dummy for doing something stupid. It's ALL of the students around who witnessed who should be to blame.

I wish one of his lineman would stand up and slap this moron in the face. He just doesn't get it, especially after his prior incident went away after some questionable investigating. Not saying what he did is the worst thing in the world, a dumb college kid thing to do, but when you're that guy, with his history you can't do that.

To me this is just another example of this problem we seem to have where high profile people (celebs, athletes, rich kids, etc) are never shaken violently and said to grow the F up. Drives me nuts.

With all of these asshole players, I think people should continue to hate on the guy like Tebow that was never in trouble, always won, played hard and said and did the right things. We should continue to support guys like Winston, Newton and the host of others that are selfish pricks. More than any other sport, college football fans will look the other way once the helmet goes on for some ungodly reason.

Pretty in-depth preview of what to look for tonight in the Auburn-KState game. Should be a fun one. Nick Marshall was almost a Wildcat and he's been talking about this game for awhile. If Auburn's defense can just get a couple of stops, I think the Tigers take care of business. They say crazy things happen at K-State, though.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/9/17/6231199/auburn-kansas-state-game-2014-preview

Be ready for crazy!!! You're going up against THE MAN himself, in Bill Snyder. He game plans and knows his opponent better than most coaches. You should be worried, if I was you I would be.

Should be a great game!

GO STATE!

Pretty in-depth preview of what to look for tonight in the Auburn-KState game. Should be a fun one. Nick Marshall was almost a Wildcat and he's been talking about this game for awhile. If Auburn's defense can just get a couple of stops, I think the Tigers take care of business. They say crazy things happen at K-State, though.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/9/17/6231199/auburn-kansas-state-game-2014-preview
Is it just me or is that a one sided report? I hope the home team thinks it's going to be that easy. WDE

Be ready for crazy!!! You're going up against THE MAN himself, in Bill Snyder. He game plans and knows his opponent better than most coaches. You should be worried, if I was you I would be.

Should be a great game!

GO STATE!

Yeah, I'd feel much more confident in this game if Prince was still the coach there. Auburn's down a starting DB, but I don't see K-State having too much trouble moving the ball most of the night. The defense has been great in the 2nd half, though. I listened to a lot of the K-State/ISU game a couple weeks back and they looked unbeatable in the first quarter, then it sounded like they were awful the rest of the game. These kind of OOC games are more fun. Hope to see more teams like Kansas State and fewer teams like San Jose State on future schedules.

With all of these asshole players, I think people should continue to hate on the guy like Tebow that was never in trouble, always won, played hard and said and did the right things. We should continue to support guys like Winston, Newton and the host of others that are selfish pricks. More than any other sport, college football fans will look the other way once the helmet goes on for some ungodly reason.

Some people who support Penn St even supported JoPa looking the other way, or not being competent enough to know, what was going on in his locker rooms for years and years. Not to rehash that disgusting case, but yeah, blind loyalty and homerism in college sports is insane

Auburn should roll IMO

Auburn should roll IMO

In theory I agree, but the game just worries me. I can see waters running for 15 yards on 3rd and 14.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back