Votes: 35 36.5%
  • Chunk

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • Bladded Wedge

Votes: 19 19.8%
  • Missed 3' (or less) Putt

Votes: 10 10.4%

• Total voters
I'm going chunk....just cause I rarely top.

First thing that comes to mind is the shank. But it's not even up there!

My write-in vote: Your 2nd (or higher!) attempt to get out of the same bunker.

For me it is doing everything right and getting on the green in regulation or for a par save only to miss the #$%ing 3 ft putt for birdie or par.

Got to go with the short putt. I degree of difficulty is so low compared to the rest!

Topping a fairway wood, that spins and ends up further from the target than the shot you just took (hitting it backwards...)

I hate chunking a wedge!!!

I refuse to name a shot. It just screams bad mojo.

i voted missed 3' putt (or less) because it's so short and it's something that should be so easy. but if it was on the poll, i would have voted shank because of the psychological damage it can do to your confidence.

Top. I'm so prone to do it, especially with a FW in my hand. I've been known to bomb a drive and then chunk or blade a wedge as well, but the top is the most embarrassing for me.

top off the first tee has the potential to set the tone for the entire round. IMO anyway.

For me lately, it's the bladed chip. Nothing more frustrating than to hit a shot that is 5 feet from the green, and then hit your next shot 10 feet from the green.

Bladed wedge for me.

Bladed wedge for me.

Agree with this.

Whether I can execute or not is sometimes a question, but with a wedge, my mindset is to get it close or in, for at least an up and down.
Then to blade one 15 yards past the green is both embarrassing and disheartening.

The shot that shall not be named "shank"

They can come in bunches....frightening for all involved..cause babies to cry...and your dog to run away...evil...EVIL !!!!

Its the chili dipped wedge for me.

sorry but this poll is useless without the dreaded SHANK - which I would vote for

The best part of a topped tee shot is when it goes short enough that you can't justify even climbing into the cart to go to the ball. you just grab a club and trudge to the spot.

This is the true "Walk Of Shame".

3' or less putt drives me crazy. You have lost a full shot on a shot that a 2 year old would make.
All the others listed may or may not cost you a full shot.
I find it funny that no one so far has picked Hook or Slice.

My top 3 are (1) chunk, (2) bladed wedge ... only because it nearly takes peoples heads off, especially if you are on the other side of the green when I blade one from a bunker or ... my personal favorite (3) the straight up Shank. Love it when it goes straight right ... Shank You Very Much!

Out of the those listed, I voted the chunk because the ball doesn't go very far. At least with a top, you are advancing the ball more forwardish than a chunk usually.

There's always been something about hitting it fat that just feels horrible!

I need an option for topped drive on the 1st hole of a THP event in front of 40 guys.

I picked the chunk. Nothing like outdriving your buddies by 30 yds and chunking a 9iron!

Back