Votes: 35 36.5%
  • Chunk

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • Bladded Wedge

Votes: 19 19.8%
  • Missed 3' (or less) Putt

Votes: 10 10.4%

• Total voters
I'm going to say the negative distance drive. You know the one you top that hits the ground and ends up behind you.

I'm going to say the negative distance drive. You know the one you top that hits the ground and ends up behind you.

Yeah, but at least that one is funny, you can have a laugh about it. There's nothing funny about a chunk.

ps...I'm still trying to add the S**nk

Yeah, but at least that one is funny, you can have a laugh about it. There's nothing funny about a chunk.

ps...I'm still trying to add the S**nk

Chunks happen all the time to the good and bad golfer. So for me that's a common shot

When you chunk it off the tee on a par 3 so bad that the club doesn't hit the ball but the divot is large enough to propel the ball 15 yards forward all on its own.

The most common embarrassing one is bladed flop shots

You missed one - the "double chip." I think this is the absolute most embarrassing shot. You strike the ball poorly and to add insult to injury your club strikes the ball again while it's in flight during your follow through. You are assessed a penalty of one stroke under 19-2 and must play the ball where it lies.

And Michelle Wie sums up this one perfectly.... I've hit this shot several times.

[video=youtube;ESD-CU7Dnhk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESD-CU7Dnhk[/video]

I think it's embarrassing to have a group let you play through then you top one or slice it 3 fairways over. That walk of shame back to the cart with a tip of the cap as a thanks for letting me go through is rough

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

The "top" I'd say.

I voted for the bladed wedge because 1) it's the one the I do most often, and 2) the shank dead right into a pond wasn't on the list.

I say top with a 3w after you waited for the green to clear so you can go for it.

I would agree with a top being the worst. Close 2nd is hitting a perfect drive to leave a wedge in your hand and you chunk it 20 yards

I'll go with hitting your driver fat (chunk), but the s#@%k is a really close second.

The whiff is the most embarrassing, but since it's not on the list I went with the second, being the topped shot. These would be followed by the shank and the bladed wedge.

If the poll was which is the most disheartening, then it would for sure be the bladed wedge for me. I've lost count of the number of times I hit a great drive, leaving less than full wedge to the green, and then blade it over. That really takes the wind out of my sails, on top of being embarrassing.

I hate hitting it fat, just no reason for it other than you suck when you hit one fat!!!!!!!

I haven't whiffed a ball in a really long time but blading a wedge infuriates me. That being said, a shank is the worst as the result is horrendous and sometimes I'm not even sure why I did it and am terrified I'll do it again.

Missed short putt for sure. It's a mistake that is just unacceptable and such a waste of a stroke.

From 175 yards, my 1st hit is going to the right side of garderner's car ( small pick up truck ). I take mulligan shot again, and my 2nd shot actually hit the car !! So embarassing to the garderners and my caddie.

Bladed wedge.

Dribble off the tee box...or better yet one that plugs immediately in front of the tee. Amsmith still have that picture???

The chunk because it still exists in my game and it's just poor mental and physical prep for the shot. The short putt miss is not so bad because holes are sometimes located on an incline.

The top off the tee box.

It's miserable. I've done it and I hate it.

You missed one - the "double chip." I think this is the absolute most embarrassing shot. You strike the ball poorly and to add insult to injury your club strikes the ball again while it's in flight during your follow through. You are assessed a penalty of one stroke under 19-2 and must play the ball where it lies.

And Michelle Wie sums up this one perfectly.... I've hit this shot several times.

[video=youtube;ESD-CU7Dnhk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESD-CU7Dnhk[/video]
I did that twice yesterday. I've never done it before, and I have no idea what I did to cause it. The first time I did it, I lost my ball. I have absolutely no clue where it went after it hit my club the second time. It was a full swing 8 iron out of thick rough. Pretty much turned my whole game off after that, lol. I literally fell apart

This is my custom signature

Seen a guy at a work scramble had his driver fly out off his hands and hit a powerline off the first tee.

I would have to say the wiff or hosel rocket.

Back