Ian Poulter Vokey Wedges

OK say they weren't his cars. Say they were his kids names. Is it any different?

OK say they weren't his cars. Say they were his kids names. Is it any different?
Unless ur latrell spreewell with all them kids it's not needed

Last edited:

I would still think it is ugly with all that stamping regardless but I'm pretty boring.

I don't see any problem with it. Those arent your "Average" Ferrari's...he proud of them and how he has gotten them. I don't see it being any different than putting a movie quote or whatever other "silly" thing some of these guys put on them. Heck i feel like Charley Hoffman and couple others have different quotes on their wedges everyweek.

I'm sure he's not compensating for anything.

I don't even mind the wedges, though they're a bit busy. Even if they were blank, the fact that they're owned by a complete DB would make me dislike them.

Definitely a DB move.

I love me some Poulter. If I had 12 exotic cars you can bet I would have them stamped somewhere. I can only drive one at a time, but I still want everyone to know what else is in the garage :alien:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have a problem with it, but that's just me. Wealth and possessions, however excess, are relative for everybody. The man loves his cars, loves his golf and found a way to put them together...NBD.

The saddest part is he can probably drive those 12 cars better than a golf ball. But if anyone were to do this, it'd be him. All while rocking his IJP Johnson logo.

There is SO much awesome in this thread! Oh man, some of the zingers made my day. He dissed a friend of mine and by doing so a community I love, so the wedges are an epic fail. Sorry to make it personal, but that's just how I'm gonna roll on this one.

Im im thinking about breaking out the sharpie for my J40 wedges though.... Schwinn and American Flyer?

JM

Two words: nit wit

Big difference.

How? It's something he loves. Something he's passionate about. Something he can see and it takes his mind off of whatever is there bugging him.

I get there is a difference between children and cars, but to someone who doesn't have kids and loves his cars, it's possible it holds the same meaning

I get there is a difference between children and cars, but to someone who doesn't have kids and loves his cars, it's possible it holds the same meaning

Having met him, I just can't believe that, he's arrogant through and through.

Having met him, I just can't believe that, he's arrogant through and through.

See that's different. Meeting him and just judging a book by its cover are two different things. I stated in my op that I'm not a Poulter fan. At all. And this isn't me defending him. Just playing devil's advocate that's all. Just seemed like the first couple pages of this thread were people jumping all over him. I guess it's for good reason lol

I think this reaction has way more to do with the golfer than the Wedges, if Ricky did it with his cars the response would be different .

I think they are ugly, but no big deal.

I love reading all this Poulter hate on here LOL

Children generally aren't exploited as a status symbol.

What a wagon.

If I only owned 12 minivans......

I could just see you rolling into another O.C THP event with a bunch of THPers in a fleet of mini-vans - epic. And you could scream "I am the greatest mini-van driver of all time!" on your way in!

Back