Predict the next Golf Apparel trend...

War Eagle

the Beags of THP...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Rum
Over the past few years we have seen golf apparel go from mild to wild. Rickie Fowler came on the scene like a rockstar with the loud colors w/ Puma Golf apparel, and at first it seemed most of the industry was turned off by it. Over time, other companies have taken similar ideas to wild colors and stlyes and now it seems that is the norm. We've seen downright ugly apparel in Loudmouth Golf get worn on the course by pros and am's as well. Flatbills got popular, Dechambeau is rocking a driver hat like a boss, Nike wants us to wear tights and rolled colors with knit shoes, and we have Pros sporting High top golf shoes with joggers.

It seems as of late, fashion trends outside of athletics have slowly made their way on the course.

What do you think will be the next trend?

I could see tights to the next level, a la matching turtle neck/long sleeves/with tights... all with a funky pattern on them to be matched with toned down shirts/shorts. God forbid... Maybe a onesie?

Natural performance athletics.
Wool will be coming in small doses to major brands.

Interesting topic for sure!

I'm so out of touch with this kind of thing that I really have no idea. If the last few years have taught me anything it's that anything is possible and no matter what they design somebody, somewhere will wear it with pride. I've finally come around on the more athletic cut designs and actually enjoy wearing them quite a bit despite not having the most athletic body type haha.
I kind of like where golf fashion is right now. You can dress traditional, modern, athletic, bold, crazy and you really don't look out of place at all.

I will be rocking the long socks with the Air Max 90s now. I think we are going to see the "younger" generation wearing what they wear outside of golf, on the course. More flat bills, more athletic fitting apparel, more "street" type golf shoes, high tops etc.

Who wears short shorts? Golfers wear short shorts! I predict the baggy, saggy, long shorts trend is over, for now. Shorter shorts, tighter shorts, guys and gals.

Oh gawd no. That might be worse than the weird shoe trend.

I agree but I think it will be coming. I think it looks awful and at that point I question why people even wear shorts. A light pant would be cooler than High Socks pulled all the way up

I hope its knickers so i can wear some

Oh gawd no. That might be worse than the weird shoe trend.

Already seeing it, with young golfers out on the course for summer. I rode by middle schoolers at a camp this morning. They were most wearing typical current styles from Nike, Adidas, Puma and others, and the majority were wearing mid calf socks.

Luckily we won't see it on tour since they can't wear shorts.

I guess my question is why people are so caught up in what other people wear? If someone wants to wear high socks it shouldn't bother anyone, I guess I have just never gotten caught up in wearing whatever is "trendy," I just wear what I want to wear.

If driver hats become the next big thing, I won't wear them, but I certainly couldn't care less if every other golfer was wearing one.

Interesting on the high socks, as I do believe there is a 'tech' benefit to wearing compression during and post activity for other activities like cycling.

War, talk to us. How viable is that concept for golf?

I guess my question is why people are so caught up in what other people wear? If someone wants to wear high socks it shouldn't bother anyone, I guess I have just never gotten caught up in wearing whatever is "trendy," I just wear what I want to wear.

If driver hats become the next big thing, I won't wear them, but I certainly couldn't care less if every other golfer was wearing one.

I agree whatever makes people happy that said I have opinions on how certain things look and do question certain things as well. I voice that opinion with that said I do not judge a person for having a different opinion than I. I personally do not get high socks but I understand that some like them which is all good.

People care about trendy. Its easy to say one doesnt care, as they don everything that is trendy currently. 10 years ago, you wouldnt be on the course with a flat bill. They werent around. I have been with you at half a dozen THP Events or so, and you have never worn long socks. So in some ways trend does matter.

No different than having an opinion on how a car looks, on the looks of a golf club, etc. Just personal preference.

People care about trendy. Its easy to say one doesnt care, as they don everything that is trendy currently. 10 years ago, you wouldnt be on the course with a flat bill. They werent around. I have been with you at half a dozen THP Events or so, and you have never worn long socks. So in some ways trend does matter.

No different than having an opinion on how a car looks, on the looks of a golf club, etc. Just personal preference.

Stupid flat bills.

I haven't worn them because I haven't found a shoe I thought they looked good with.

As for the personal preference, I agree, but I wear what I wear because I think it looks good, but if something becomes trendy I am certainly not going to say "oh my god why?!" because in reality it isn't going to effect me in my everyday life, or life on the golf course. I don't like joggers or the fake collar things Nike is rolling out, but when Rory wears them I don't say anything, because it doesn't effect what I do or what I am going to buy.

I guess I have always been the way that looking at what is trendy in apparel is a bit silly, and obviously just my opinion.

I will be rocking the long socks with the Air Max 90s now. I think we are going to see the "younger" generation wearing what they wear outside of golf, on the course. More flat bills, more athletic fitting apparel, more "street" type golf shoes, high tops etc.

I want to throw you off of my lawn so bad.

So bad.

I haven't worn them because I haven't found a shoe I thought they looked good with.

As for the personal preference, I agree, but I wear what I wear because I think it looks good, but if something becomes trendy I am certainly not going to say "oh my god why?!" because in reality it isn't going to effect me in my everyday life, or life on the golf course. I don't like joggers or the fake collar things Nike is rolling out, but when Rory wears them I don't say anything, because it doesn't effect what I do or what I am going to buy.

I guess I have always been the way that looking at what is trendy in apparel is a bit silly, and obviously just my opinion.

Genuine question. When new clubs come out, do you have an opinion on the looks and/or comment on it? Or not really because it wont impact you on the course? Im asking honestly, because I kind of think everybody has an opinion on the looks of something, be it positive or negative.

Collarless golf shirts. Bigger logo on golf cap.

My Srixon flat bill arrived yesterday lol people must hate me

not quite "long socks", but my Stance socks are just slightly taller than "quarter/ankle" socks and not quite as long as traditional calf socks. I've been wearing them more and more and really like the look.

Genuine question. When new clubs come out, do you have an opinion on the looks and/or comment on it? Or not really because it wont impact you on the course? Im asking honestly, because I kind of think everybody has an opinion on the looks of something, be it positive or negative.

I do comment on things but lots of times I find that the piling on about certain things gets old, we see it with certain brands, styles etc. I think there is a difference between not liking something and saying it isn't for me, and someone outright bashing it.

I can't tell someone what to say or think about certain things, just one mans way of looking at things.

Back