Favorite Iron/Wood grip?

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
We have done it for putters, but let's make a run at the swinging clubs with this convo.

What is your favorite or go-to iron/wood grip? Why?

New decade multi compound standard no extra wraps.... mainly because my first "good" set of irons (Apex OG i bought from the marketplace) had those and I was able to get my grip alignment with them pretty well and learned how to properly swing with them so it's now a comfort thing.

I'm a midsize GP Tour Velvet (1 wrap) guy all the way. I tried the MCC +4, UTx and a couple others but I always end up back with the Tour Velvets. They're simple, they feel great, last long and they just work. Plus they're about half the price of some of the newer options, which helps!

I have become a big fan of the Golf Pride MCC and MCC Plus4 grips. Hoping to re-grip all my clubs with them soon, but right now they are just on a few of my woods.

Lamkin UTx. Great feel and moisture management.

• Staff
Give me UTx or give me death!

I love the Golf Pride NDMC's for everything in my bag. I have a set of UTX sitting at home I have been wanting to install, but got a stupid deal on NDMC's this spring and threw those on instead.

Whatever grip Callaway stick on their woods. Dunno who makes them, but I like them.

Mid size Lamkin UTX. Love the feel!!

It was UTx in acid green, but after some elbow issues its been GP CP2 Pro and they have been great for me. I only have them in my irons though, still have the UTx in my wedges and woods

UTx for me too.

NDMC currently. I enjoy the feel and texture of them, but I also really like how they look, which is important to me as well.

Lamkin iLines for me. Just a fantastic grip

Lamkin UTx. Great feel and moisture management.

Yeah I only want these grips on my clubs for the rest of time. I love them.

Right now I have a combination of UTx and NDMC MCC grips on everything. I prefer the NDMC, but I also have a box full of brand new I-lines that I'm trying to figure out what to do with.

Best answer…I'm still searching for my preferred grip.

MCC plus 4. I like the feeling of extra wraps on bottom hand and these feel good to me.

GP Tour Wrap 2G Jumbo with 4 extra wraps under the bottom hand.

I'm a Pure Grip guy. The colors and durability are spot on for me. The UTx runs a very close second because of feel.

Golf Pride Tour Velvet and the TV 360. One in the same.

Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G Midsize.

UTx on my irons and wedges. Winn DriTac on my woods.

I prefer the UTx on my irons and wedges just for a little more feel. I prefer the DriTac on my woods because it makes me ease up on the grip and its purely a comfort thing.

Either UTx or NDMC. I've used both and enjoyed both. I will say on wedges I tend to prefer UTx over NDMC, as I often don't use a glove with those and the UTx feel super nice in hand.

In contrast, the NDMC have a little more bite for full swings and are a little lighter allowing for a slightly heavier swingweight, which I like in my full swing clubs.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I have tried many grips over the years but I keep coming back to NDMC grips! They are just so good and provide the feedback and moisture management that I need!

Was lamkin but now it's golf pride MCC+4 grips. Have to support friends and it's a pretty good grip

Whatever grip Callaway stick on their woods. Dunno who makes them, but I like them.

LOL, that would be the Golf Pride Multicompound grips. I like em too.

Back