THP Dinner Menu Set

seafood... from you I was expecting something with pork :D

The first option on the entrees was sausage, my favorite form of pork.:D

The first option on the entrees was sausage, my favorite form of pork.:D
damn..I missed that..camoflaged with Italian.I thought something wrong when you suggested seafood but now I see my error

Carving stations change the entire flow of a buffet - I agree that you don't want to do that. I was thinking something like filet that tastes good alone or with a sauce - perhaps portobello mushrooms in a wine sauce that can be served with the beef, on the side or alone. They also go with the Italian theme you have already.

Upping to Filet brings in a whole new world when it comes to pricing. Remember this is a site that has no ads...hehe.

I know - I just enjoy spending your money. Ask GG about all the things I keep suggesting she buy.

I know - I just enjoy spending your money. Ask GG about all the things I keep suggesting she buy.

I would never know, she pays the bills. Its her money too. We have very little, so I might notice...hehe

You guy's are making me so hungry. I'm the worlds biggest filet fan, but sounds like you have things well in hand. Good luck.

ps. are we going to see pictures of the spread after all this dinner talk, lol?

looks good to me....
(I would ask where the Mac -n- Cheese is, but since your doing it in FL and not AL, I totally understand..) :bashful:

I am really hoping to get some feedback here. Do we need to add something that is a little different variety wise? Any suggestions?

I used to do this for a living....are they going to refill the dishes or its just filled once? Any actual details you can get me will be great. is the dish full or is it half and half(I have known people to do that) Then all this food in 4 dishes becomes not enough. I would love to help

I used to do this for a living....are they going to refill the dishes or its just filled once? Any actual details you can get me will be great. is the dish full or is it half and half(I have known people to do that) Then all this food in 4 dishes becomes not enough. I would love to help

If all chafing dishes are filled, then I think there will be enough food. If they are saing that they will not refill it then I would ask how much more it would cost to get it refilled one time. A carving station is pretty expensive, I know it sounds wonderful for everyone, but when you are paying its not so great.

Just called them and they said that all chaffing dishes are full. THey do not refill dishes, but still say that there is plenty of food there for 50.

Just called them and they said that all chaffing dishes are full. THey do not refill dishes, but still say that there is plenty of food there for 50.

I'm sure they know what they're doing. It's really a matter of whether you want enough food or an abundance of food. I think it's the latter because you have a bit of Jewish grandmother in you. I'm the same way only it's Italian grandmother. If I was in your shoes - I'd add one more dish to be on the safe side - what about a veggie lasagna? I know you have a pasta dish already, but this is a veggie one. Or another thought is a pasta primavera. It's filling and not as expensive as adding another meat entree.

hmmmm, the risotto will not run out, it is very filling and fattening, the veggies willl prob surprisingly run out pretty quickly. The problem is....its like stacking a bunch of tees....if you throw them in the bucket it will fill up MUCH quicker than if you place them in the bucket. So, that being said, the veggies will be dumped from a pan to the chafing dish, giving the illusion of more than there really is. Is it a ridiculous amount more to have them refill some things?

hmmmm, the risotto will not run out, it is very filling and fattening, the veggies willl prob surprisingly run out pretty quickly. The problem is....its like stacking a bunch of tees....if you throw them in the bucket it will fill up MUCH quicker than if you place them in the bucket. So, that being said, the veggies will be dumped from a pan to the chafing dish, giving the illusion of more than there really is. Is it a ridiculous amount more to have them refill some things?

Yes it is. They do not have ordering done like that. They base it on head count and if refills are wanted on a dish, it is double the head count. Ironically, every venue we spoke to did the same thing in the area.

One of the entrees will go fast too, people follow other peoples eating habits. and there is always the person who could care less if anyone else gets a plate, they are glad its free. the menu itself sounds very good to me, I think the spread it perfect, there is something for everyone. oh, and I would have bartended this for you! hahah.

Yes it is. They do not have ordering done like that. They base it on head count and if refills are wanted on a dish, it is double the head count. Ironically, every venue we spoke to did the same thing in the area.

Correct, but its only double per dish? so, if they are charging $4 per head for the pasta, to get a refill its $8....or do they just double all the cost?

Do you have a list of all the attendees?

I would never know, she pays the bills. Its her money too. We have very little, so I might notice...hehe
That's the good life JB..let her worry about paying the bills.You'll know if money runs out but until then enjoy the freedom and don't forget to thank her for that stress removed from you.

Correct, but its only double per dish? so, if they are charging $4 per head for the pasta, to get a refill its $8....or do they just double all the cost?

They double that dish you are correct. But the price is a little higher than that and the differences turn into hundreds.

That's the good life JB..let her worry about paying the bills.You'll know if money runs out but until then enjoy the freedom and don't forget to thank her for that stress removed from you.

She is of the same breed as I am so trust me, I still hear about it...hehe

They double that dish you are correct. But the price is a little higher than that and the differences turn into hundreds.
What would it be if you planned for 60 instead of 50.Would that make a significant increase or be less than having to double.

She is of the same breed as I am so trust me, I still hear about it...hehe
Hearing about it is a lot different than dealing with it....:D

What would it be if you planned for 60 instead of 50.Would that make a significant increase or be less than having to double.

I believe according to my number it would be more.

Right, I understand. I think you should be fine with what you have. People going will know its a free meal and if people have respect they will be willing to share and not hoard. I say call it done and have as much fun as I think you guys are going to

Right, I understand. I think you should be fine with what you have. People going will know its a free meal and if people have respect they will be willing to share and not hoard. I say call it done and have as much fun as I think you guys are going to

I like your idea about the extra vegetable. Because that will run out first. Never thought of it that way, but most will be taking some. Thanks.

Back