Bridgestone J15 Q & A

Love the fact Bridgestone is making such a big impact on the market these days. I'd love to see more players playing their stuff. Hopefully I will be able to try the new CB's out to replace my current irons. Great simple look with all the technology

Anyone know how much it costs to choose a custom shaft?

Okay so in a nut shell the question is J40CB vs J15CB. The biggest change is to the cavity portion of the head, more weight on the perimeter which can lead to better stability without sacrificing feel. Also the sole grind has been changed to provide better turn interaction and less digging. the J15 still offers great control and shot shaping ability. One of the things i love most about the j15Cb is you can work the ball directionally BUT it is also easy to flight the ball with these clubs!

SOLD!!

How much more forgiving are the DF when compared to the CB irons? Thanks!

How much more forgiving are the DF when compared to the CB irons? Thanks!

This is a good question! I'm interested in this answer as well.

Was going to ask the same about shafts. A quick look at the site and i cant find any offered yet. Also, is there a launch date for the Test Drive prorgam Elliot?

Bridgestone Test Drive will be live on BridgestoneGolf.com in the middle of February.

As a friendly reminder, Bridgestone Golf Test Drive is a way to demo clubs under your own terms in real golf conditions. The way it works is we have "packages' of clubs to test drive on our site. You pay a small shipping and handling fee and we send you the demo clubs. This a great way to demo clubs on your home course or range at your own pace.

Thanks for the question! I think Test Drive is a great way for consumers to experience the clubs first hand.

Bridgestone Test Drive will be live on BridgestoneGolf.com in the middle of February.

As a friendly reminder, Bridgestone Golf Test Drive is a way to demo clubs under your own terms in real golf conditions. The way it works is we have "packages' of clubs to test drive on our site. You pay a small shipping and handling fee and we send you the demo clubs. This a great way to demo clubs on your home course or range at your own pace.

Thanks for the question! I think Test Drive is a great way for consumers to experience the clubs first hand.

Sounds like an incredible program. More OEMs ought to offer something like this! Thanks!

To expand on this, with the test drive program with irons, you can make loft / lie angle adjustments to the irons to get them the way you want them. Only thing you cant adjust is length. I thought that was pretty unique.

Why isn't there a gap wedge offered in the iron sets?

The J15 Cast will feature a gap wedge. If you are looking for a gap wedge to match the other J15 iron offering, check out the J15 Wedge! This year we are offering a 50* that can be bent up to 3* at the factory. This 50* wedge is a great option as a functional gap wedge in any set. The design of the head and the sole grind of the J15 make it a very versatile club. From full swings to cute green side shots, you can really open up the face and execute a lot of different shots with that wedge. (Note: more heel relief in the J15 wedge vs the J40 so the face stays lower to the ground when opened up!)

Really happy to see the test drive program is back next month. With so many solid offerings from Bridgestone this year I imagine it will be pretty popular.

To expand on this, with the test drive program with irons, you can make loft / lie angle adjustments to the irons to get them the way you want them. Only thing you cant adjust is length. I thought that was pretty unique.

Wow I never knew that about the test drive program. That is really interesting, definitely shows me that Bridgestone cares about making sure their customers are happy BEFORE they even buy, not just after.

The J15 Cast will feature a gap wedge. If you are looking for a gap wedge to match the other J15 iron offering, check out the J15 Wedge! This year we are offering a 50* that can be bent up to 3* at the factory. This 50* wedge is a great option as a functional gap wedge in any set. The design of the head and the sole grind of the J15 make it a very versatile club. From full swings to cute green side shots, you can really open up the face and execute a lot of different shots with that wedge. (Note: more heel relief in the J15 wedge vs the J40 so the face stays lower to the ground when opened up!)

LOVE that a 50* is being offered this year.

Anything new coming this year with the True Balance line?

Why wouldn't you want to bend the 52* to 53* instead of a 50* to 53*?

Thanks! Hey, I love my J33 & J40 FWs. How does the J15 technology differ? What differences might I expect out of the new line?

Thanks for the question gr8dryv! Its always cool to talk about drivers and forged irons which in turn causes our great fairway woods to go overlooked at times. The technology changes to the J15 Fairway woods are the most dramatic upgrades we have offered in some time now. The two technologies to focus on are the F.A.S.T. Crown and the Adjustable Weight.

F.A.S.T (Flex Action Speed Technology) Crown is a new technology on our metal wood and hybrid offerings. Without boring you guys too much, basically the crown of the club is designed to flex slightly where the crown and the face meet. This flexing action leads to two great things. First, it ever so slightly increases the playing loft of the club which helps to launch the ball high. The other advantage of the F.A.S.T. is it has a small spring like affect which leads to increased ball speed. So to recap, you have a higher launching and faster moving shot... Getting the ball up quickly with high ball speed is certainly a good thing when you are going for a par 5 in 2 from the first cut;-)

The other major technology improvement is spin control technology via the adjustable weight. Obviously the weight can be used to change swing weight on the club, but the real purpose is to change CG to customize the ball flight. the weight port is on the center of the sole toward the front of the club (Custom weights will be available aftermarket).

I am sure there will be a lot more info on our metal wood line moving forward, but that should give you a nice overview.
j15f-fairway-wood_zpsd0cd0d67.jpg

Bump so this question doesn't get so far back.

The DF will be more forgiving than the CB but less than the DPF. From a fitting perspective, the major difference IMHO is the Fast Action Speed Technology which increased ball speed and leads to incredible feel.

#Boom test drive program is back. Definitely another unique offering by Bridgestone.

Why wouldn't you want to bend the 52* to 53* instead of a 50* to 53*?

Great point, I totally agree!!!

This is something that we talk to customer about all the time. Since the 50* and the 52* are both 8* bounce, you really have two options for creating a 53* wedge.

50* bent to 53* gives you 11* bounce
52* bent to 53* gives you 9* bounce

So at the end of the day the decision of which wedge to bend really comes down to what kind of bounce you are looking for. This same concept hold true for bending clubs down in loft.

Such a great question Bullfrog and it is decision that can completely change how that 'custom' 53* wedge ends up playing!

This is incredible. I definitely want to take advantage of this.

Great point, I totally agree!!!

This is something that we talk to customer about all the time. Since the 50* and the 52* are both 8* bounce, you really have two options for creating a 53* wedge.

50* bent to 53* gives you 11* bounce
52* bent to 53* gives you 9* bounce

So at the end of the day the decision of which wedge to bend really comes down to what kind of bounce you are looking for. This same concept hold true for bending clubs down in loft.

Such a great question Bullfrog and it is decision that can completely change how that 'custom' 53* wedge ends up playing!

Ok, I guess I need to read more up on bounce. I don't know how 9* and 11* of bounce would differ. Would 11* get you more of a pop up flight with less roll out or less of a pop up with more roll out?

So if I bend the 50* to 48* I end up with 6* of bounce on my "gap wedge" I can dig that

And an 11* of bounce on a 53 could make a nice long sand shot wedge

Ok, I guess I need to read more up on bounce. I don't know how 9* and 11* of bounce would differ. Would 11* get you more of a pop up flight with less roll out or less of a pop up with more roll out?

More bounce = less digging in sand and turf when hitting down into it

My understanding

Thanks for the question gr8dryv! Its always cool to talk about drivers and forged irons which in turn causes our great fairway woods to go overlooked at times. The technology changes to the J15 Fairway woods are the most dramatic upgrades we have offered in some time now. The two technologies to focus on are the F.A.S.T. Crown and the Adjustable Weight.

F.A.S.T (Flex Action Speed Technology) Crown is a new technology on our metal wood and hybrid offerings. Without boring you guys too much, basically the crown of the club is designed to flex slightly where the crown and the face meet. This flexing action leads to two great things. First, it ever so slightly increases the playing loft of the club which helps to launch the ball high. The other advantage of the F.A.S.T. is it has a small spring like affect which leads to increased ball speed. So to recap, you have a higher launching and faster moving shot... Getting the ball up quickly with high ball speed is certainly a good thing when you are going for a par 5 in 2 from the first cut;-)

The other major technology improvement is spin control technology via the adjustable weight. Obviously the weight can be used to change swing weight on the club, but the real purpose is to change CG to customize the ball flight. the weight port is on the center of the sole toward the front of the club (Custom weights will be available aftermarket).

I am sure there will be a lot more info on our metal wood line moving forward, but that should give you a nice overview.
j15f-fairway-wood_zpsd0cd0d67.jpg

Well this all sounds great, thank you! I'll be on the lookout to try ASAP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those of you looking for custom Driver/Fairway wood shafts. Here is the list as of today (like I said before, the custom options are always subject to change)...
J15WoodSpecs_zps1b07caaf.jpg

Back