TaylorMade M1 Driver Review Thread

Got another round in today and am still liking it a lot. It isn't longer than the best shots I hit with SLDR, but it isn't really shorter either. However on everything else not hit perfectly this gives much better results. A lot of confidence right now off the tee that a good result is coming.

the only time I've seen one was when I couldn't swing a club yet. I do love the look of it. I don't have low expectations for it, I expect TM to put out a stronger product than the last 2 drivers with the sliding weight. It sounds like they have.

Do you know who is getting it for the THP review? I am surprised it isn't in for review yet.

The review is already done and will be up in a couple of weeks.

Do you know who is getting it for the THP review? I am surprised it isn't in for review yet.

Sorry I don't know that answer.

Oh - i didn't even know a staffer had it since there was know in hand pics or thoughts posted in this thread like with other reviews.

Why hey is there a wait on this. Or is that how it always works and I just haven't noticed?

Why hey is there a wait on this. Or is that how it always works and I just haven't noticed?

All reviews go through editing before they get published on the homepage, can take a bit depending on mow many articles we have getting turned in, in one time-frame.

We publish a new article almost every day of the year.
There are a number of reasons why things go up when they do, and they go through editing, etc.
For instance tomorrow we have a Tony Finau interview going up that has been done for close to a week.

I've only hit it a couple of times in a bay at a bigbox. A couple of shaft changes and also the different heads but no proper fitting.

That said, what I have noticed, for me, is that the spin numbers are sick low on it (1600 to <2000) and without a ton of effort to get them low. I can get low spin on a lot of drivers but it is not easy or consistent. With the M1, it seems easy to do and do so consistently.

We publish a new article almost every day of the year.
There are a number of reasons why things go up when they do, and they go through editing, etc.
For instance tomorrow we have a Tony Finau interview going up that has been done for close to a week.

Ok makes sense

Played my 5th round with the M1 yesterday and I can't say enough good things about it. I shot 78 which is a good score for me and hit 11 of 14 fairways, reached one par 5 in two and was just three yards short on another. Birdied both holes. Best drive was 270 ave drive probably 255 to 260. Its easily 15 yards longer than my R15 was and a lot more forgiving. The last hole was a 484 yard par 5 I hit the ball on the toe and was 237 out, 247 off the toe is pretty damn good in my book. This makes me want to try the fairway but I love my GBB's so that may not happen any time soon.

I'm kind of in awe at how I hit this today. Tomorrow I'm playing again, (my course which I can only hit about 6 drivers) will be a good test of how it performs when I'm not pulling it out often. See if I can confidently swing it or not. The distance and dispersion was so good today so naturally I'll be putting in a different shaft tomorrow lol

I'm not looking for a driver but still following along and this sounds like the best club to be released, by anyone, in quite awhile.

I'm kind of in awe at how I hit this today. Tomorrow I'm playing again, (my course which I can only hit about 6 drivers) will be a good test of how it performs when I'm not pulling it out often. See if I can confidently swing it or not. The distance and dispersion was so good today so naturally I'll be putting in a different shaft tomorrow lol

This is definitely a great golf club. Going to be tough to beat for any other company out there.

Hell, I'm surprised you still have the M1 in your bag, Kang! :act-up: I'd love to see you hit this thing. Can only imagine how good this driver is for you dude.

I'll be out on the course tomorrow with a few THPers and look forward to spending some more time with the M1.
I think this will be in the bag for at least a week! Lmao. Only because I'll be receiving couple other drivers that have caught my attention

Hell, I'm surprised you still have the M1 in your bag, Kang! :act-up: I'd love to see you hit this thing. Can only imagine how good this driver is for you dude.

I'll be out on the course tomorrow with a few THPers and look forward to spending some more time with the M1.

I think you and sposey will both be rocking M1 drivers tomorrow. I've not seen it yet so all these positive experiences being relayed in here have me so excited just to watch you guys bomb em tomorrow. Shane's course is tight, tough, and looong. Will be a great test.

Last edited:
So decided to head the golf store before closing to get some initial numbers for new shaft in M1. All I can say is "WOW". Kc720 you were right. Demoed with 460 9.5 head. Weights set at low and center.

755dbcaed792a2678cf08d137e1963f8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So decided to head the golf store before closing to get some initial numbers for new shaft in M1. All I can say is "WOW". Kc720 you were right. Demoed with 460 9.5 head. Weights set at low and center.

Those are really good numbers!

I'm going to have to stop following this thread. My season is over as the snow is starting to fly but I really want one. No way I can continue to read these posts for 6 months without going insane.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

That launch though, that is fantastic. Got to mean you have a really good positive AoA, right? Looks like a killer Combo there for ya.

That launch though, that is fantastic. Got to mean you have a really good positive AoA, right? Looks like a killer Combo there for ya.

I stepped up to 3 1/4 tee and made sure I was swinging up. Felt good and sturdy through impact and on the downswing the lightweight didn't cause any over the top compensation coming from a 70g shaft. Can't wait to test on course

looks like I'm going to have to make the 40 minute drive to about the only place in Knoxville that will have one of these available to hit on a decent monitor. Probably wait til Kind LTD is also available and kill two birds...

Great numbers Alex.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Back