Making A Murderer (Spoilers)

I'm still having a hard time finding that he was not set up in some way. I do not think the Police killed her and I'm not sure they staged the evidence, at least all of it. I have a hard time with the story being that she was killed in his house but there is none of her DNA in there to confirm that, including on her own key. He's smart enough to set up his room like Dexter but leaves her key in there and her bones outside his window and her car on his property?

I'm still having a hard time finding that he was not set up in some way. I do not think the Police killed her and I'm not sure they staged the evidence, at least all of it. I have a hard time with the story being that she was killed in his house but there is none of her DNA in there to confirm that, including on her own key. He's smart enough to set up his room like Dexter but leaves her key in there and her bones outside his window and her car on his property?

Killed in the garage. Not in the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They said she was stabbed and throat slit and bound on his bed. No evidence of that, no blood evidence in garage including in the floor cracks

I'm not comfortable saying all do, but yes the vast majority of patrol deputies and officers will likely be wearing a radio. However it would be very rare for a detective to wear one like that. Many supervisors won't either.
Didn't think about a detective. That would kind of give them away, wouldn't it?

They said she was stabbed and throat slit and bound on his bed. No evidence of that, no blood evidence in garage including in the floor cracks

Actually she was reportedly killed in the garage, not in the bedroom. The two then cleaned the garage with bleach and there was bleach stains on the kid's pants. While I think the police work was substandard there was a lot of evidence either not allowed (such as the victim telling her boss she didn't want to go back out to that place because on an earlier encounter he came out dressed only in a towel) and some evidence left out of the show (they found his sweat DNA on the hood latch of the car - evidently left when he disconnected the battery). I think the guy did it and really hope he spends the rest of his life behind bars.

Just finished. ..man oh man all kids of crazy.
1. I do not believe the prosecution did enough to render a guilty beyond a reasonable doubt verdict.

2. The police were just straight shady from the get go which ties into #1. I cant believe how bad the police department came out looking with all of the shadiness and mishaps.

3. Hard to honestly belive no evidence planting took place after watching that. And man the tampering with the vile of blood is crazy.

4. Avery had to do the greatest cleaning job ever in that dimpy garage to eliminate all of her dna and blood if he did it there.

5. 7 people go into deliberations with a not guilty verdict a come out the opposite means either they got straight bullied or just gave up.

Need to mull this over some more

Just finished. ..man oh man all kids of crazy.
1. I do not believe the prosecution did enough to render a guilty beyond a reasonable doubt verdict.

2. The police were just straight shady from the get go which ties into #1. I cant believe how bad the police department came out looking with all of the shadiness and mishaps.

3. Hard to honestly belive no evidence planting took place after watching that. And man the tampering with the vile of blood is crazy.

4. Avery had to do the greatest cleaning job ever in that dimpy garage to eliminate all of her dna and blood if he did it there.

5. 7 people go into deliberations with a not guilty verdict a come out the opposite means either they got straight bullied or just gave up.

Not reading any of this.

However, you crushed that series. Way to binge!

After reading this thread and another in another four I use, I banged this out in a couple of days. This to me seems all manner of ****ed up!!!i get that the series may have skewed stuff a little to make things more interesting, but if a jury are supposed to convict without reasonable doubt, then something seems to be very wrong here. More so with his nephew Brendan. How the hell did he get life when the lad is obviously a little slow, the detectives planted stories in his head, and there was no DNA evidence to link him to any crime. As I said, appears to be seriously ****ed up!!!

I am told todays Dr. Phil show is about the Sheriff and he has new details on the case...

How could he be sloppy enough to leave blood DNA in the Rav4 but no fingerprints? Could it be that it's much harder to plant fingerprints?

I am only 8 episodes deep in this. I waver on if SA did it or not. It does seem way too tidy. Too perfect. This whole case is sad. I have a hard time with a mass conspiracy. Could one person really do such a frame job?.

I am told todays Dr. Phil show is about the Sheriff and he has new details on the case...
I meant to DVR that. Can't stand Dr Phil but this case has my ear.

My wife & I were discussing this same point. How could you give up when lives will forever be altered by the decision you make? Someone in that jury box talks a good game is my guess. What they did to that kid is horrible, his mom is just as unable to defend her son as he is, & his attorney was a sad state of affairs.

Today is part 2 of a Dr Phil interview with the defense, sheriff and his ex fiancee

My wife & I were discussing this same point. How could you give up when lives will forever be altered by the decision you make? Someone in that jury box talks a good game is my guess. What they did to that kid is horrible, his mom is just as unable to defend her son as he is, & his attorney was a sad state of affairs.
I was on a jury once for a much less serious legal matter than this - a DUI case with juicy allegations of police misconduct (not just mistakes), denial of council, etc. It was a one day trial. After a short period of deliberations - like an hour??? - several of the jurors announced they were tired, wanted to leave, had work the next day and didn't want to come back, etc., so we should just be a hung jury. I went all Henry Fonda in 12 Angry Men on them. We ultimately stayed late, returned the next day and came to a verdict (guilty). That was a little bit of an eye opening experience for me.

Last edited:
I was on a jury once for a much less serious legal matter than this - a DUI case with juicy allegations of police misconduct (not just mistakes), denial of council, etc. It was a one day trial. After a short period of deliberations - like an hour??? - several of the jurors announced they were tired, wanted to leave, had work the next day and didn't want to come back, etc., so we should just be a hung jury. I went all Henry Fonda in 12 Angry Men on them. We ultimately stayed late, returned the next day and came to a verdict (guilty). That was a little bit of an eye opening experience for me.
that people don't give a crap? Ha.

that people don't give a crap? Ha.
Yes! Their time the next day was more valuable than all the time of the prosecutor, judge, staff members, witnesses, etc., spent on the case that day. And them being inconvenienced for another day was more important than the defendant's guilt or innocence. #incrediblyselfish

Yes! Their time the next day was more valuable than all the time of the prosecutor, judge, staff members, witnesses, etc., spent on the case that day. And them being inconvenienced for another day was more important than the defendant's guilt or innocence. #incrediblyselfish

Just another example of how morally bankrupt we are as a society. People used to take this seriously. Now it's just an inconvenience. Ugh another jury summons? It's called civic duty :(

I just watched this and regardless of whether or not you think Dassey is guilty the fact he hasn't received another trial is a travesty.

If that is considered a fair trial I hope I'm never accused of anything.
Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I just watched this and regardless of whether or not you think Dassey is guilty the fact he hasn't received another trial is a travesty.

Being only 40 miles outside of manitowoc county I don't worry one bit about their court system.

I'm missing the point.

I agree. Too much reasonable doubt to convict in the first place and his mental state alone should be reason to at least dig deeper into his representation or lack there of

Agreed. His lawyer was a straight vaggggg and basically set him up for the fall.

I agree. Too much reasonable doubt to convict in the first place and his mental state alone should be reason to at least dig deeper into his representation or lack there of
Never mind the fact his own attorney was conspiring with the prosecution.

Maybe I'm missing something as I haven't researched this as much as some but I don't understand how that lawyer still has a license to practice.

Back