Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
THIS IS A PRESS RELEASE

CALLAWAY GOLF INTRODUCES NEW X-24 HOT IRONS

Maker of the No. 1 Irons in Golf for 13 Straight Years Launches Longest, Most Accurate X-Series Irons Ever

CARLSBAD, Calif., May 4, 2010 – Callaway Golf Company (NYSE: ELY) today announced the May 28 retail availability of the new Callaway® X-24 Hot™ Irons. The longest, most accurate irons in the history of Callaway’s hugely popular X-Series Irons, the new X-24 Hot Irons produce faster ball speeds across the clubface and deliver maximum distance throughout the bag.

Complete with a new Stealth PVD (Physical Vapor Deposition) Finish that reduces glare, the new X-24 Hot Irons utilize Callaway’s proprietary VFT Face Technology, 360-degree undercut channel and a precise center of gravity to create a large and effective hitting area for golfers of all abilities. The result is maximum distance while maintaining the same accuracy, even on off-center hits.

“The X-24 Hot Irons are the latest evolution of our award-winning X-Series Irons, which have helped make Callaway the No. 1 Irons company in the game for the last 13 consecutive years,” said Dr. Alan Hocknell, Senior Vice President of Research & Development, Callaway Golf. “We recognize there are golfers looking for distance gains throughout their entire bag, and thus employed our core technologies and faster ball speeds into the design of X-24 Hot, a longer, more accurate set than any of their predecessors.”
857823988_g7ino-L.jpg

Callaway developed the new X-Hot 24 Irons for golfers who seek to gain distance not just with the longest clubs in their bag, but also when pulling out an iron on a long par-3 or flying the water to reach a par-5 in two. The stealth PVD Finish, which is the result of a cutting-edge process designed to reduce glare and produce a distinctive look that is darker than most irons. X-24 Hot Irons were also made with Callaway’s core technologies including S2H2®, Precision Notch Weighting and Modified Tru-Bore®, all working together to provide total performance for a wide range of golfers.

The X-24 Hot Irons will be available at retail on May 28. The new product introduction retail price is $699 for steel-shafted sets, and $899 for graphite-shafted sets.

For more information on these products and Callaway Golf’s complete lineup of equipment, footwear and accessories, please visit www.callawaygolf.com.

Very nice :good:

looks great, nice finish treatment

I think the price point on these is pretty good. I was expecting around $800 for the steel and am pleased that it's less....

Callaway is having a media event at TPC this weekend and we just cannot make it. But they have told us that we should be able to review a set of these in the next couple of weeks. With as much as we liked the X-22s in terms of performance, we are eager to try these out. It seems the companies are really stepping up and raising the bar the last few months, we hope the trend continues.

Callaway golf introduces new x-24 hot irons

Almost sounds like they crossed the x22's (performance) with some Diablo (forgiveness) ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Callaway golf introduces new x-24 hot irons

Would love to see these at the next THP outing.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk

What is OEM doing in a thread about new equipment? I thought he spent all of his time in the "What did you buy today" thread!

Perhaps sooner if you make your way down here...haha.

What is OEM doing in a thread about new equipment? I thought he spent all of his time in the "What did you buy today" thread!

I have to keep up with the new stuff so I can properly decide what's next! Don't taze me bro! Lol

Perhaps sooner if you make your way down here...haha.

Haha I'm still working on that. The first date didn't work so working on another one. That would be cool if you had these there. Member testing! Lol I'll add that as another reason I have to go.

They will be here. I am looking forward to trying them out.

checking flights to FL now..... haha

haha but I got the spare bedroom, you might have to sleep with Ellie!

Just got to look at that picture full size, thats a nice looking iron! Even with the orange which isnt a color I care for much. Specially on the side of the car LOLLOL

i do like the hosel on these

I think these would look real sharp in my Bag Boy Revolver
bag_boy_revolver_cart_golf_bag_and_free_callaway_golf_balls_black_orange_gray.jpg

I normally wouldn't even give Callaway's a chance but I'm reconsidering it for these.

must buy irons ... nice coincidence i picked up the black x warbird bag earlier this season ... was going to go navy to match the x22s but went black to match the fts ... and now of course these delicious cleveland browns orange sticks ...

I must be in a little bit of a minority but I LOVE this color.

I have always been partial to burnt orange and think that it looks sharp when paired with a gun-metal black.
I do agree these have a very "burner" vibe- maybe not in looks but definitely in marketing. Any word on if it will be strong lofted?

I must be in a little bit of a minority but I LOVE this color.

I have always been partial to burnt orange and think that it looks sharp when paired with a gun-metal black.
I do agree these have a very "burner" vibe- maybe not in looks but definitely in marketing. Any word on if it will be strong lofted?

Being that the Burners have been the #1 selling iron in the US, I am guessing that was the gal.

Here are the lofts and specs.

http://www.callawaygolf.com/Global/en-US/Products/Clubs/Irons/X-24HOTIrons.html

What's Callaway's take on putting in different steel shafts that aren't uniflex? I am going to a Callaway demo day June 5th and want to try these, but I don't know if the uniflex would do it for me.

I look at that club and I see ugliness. Just not my type of style- I'm a big fan of those mizunos nice looking simple design.

What's Callaway's take on putting in different steel shafts that aren't uniflex? I am going to a Callaway demo day June 5th and want to try these, but I don't know if the uniflex would do it for me.

usually you have the option to upgrade your shafts to the project x, but honestly, the uniflex shaft is a good shaft. it might work great for you. just go into it open minded.

Back