Bella Collina Golf Club

Very nice looking golf course. Now that you know your way around I'm sure you'll shoot better next time. :)

Beautiful course JB! I bet there are too many to name in your neck of the woods now :golf2:..... Plenty of great courses within a few miles of the house is too good to be true!

Yeah it was just so scenic Ole Gray. This one was not too close to me though. About 25 minutes away. We do have about 6 courses with in 10 minutes though which is nice.

Looks like I am going to get together with some of our foursome again Tuesday as well, which should be nice.

Great pics. Thanks, JB :)

gawd, that course looks tiz-ight-tight! great pics, thanks for taking some time to snap some for us.

Great pics!! Those sand traps in the 3rd shot look quite intimidating!!! Glad to hear you had fun, and thanks for the pics!

gawd, that course looks tiz-ight-tight! great pics, thanks for taking some time to snap some for us.

It was tight, but not too bad. Just the big sloping fairways and very large undulation. Never had a flat lie all day except the tee box. Lots of blind shots. It was a fun day of golf though. Looking forward to redeeming myself on Tuesday hopefully.

having played golf in FL a few times now, I'm surprised to see the amount of slope, hills, undulations, etc on the course from what pics you snapped. and the trees look like they're standing straight up, what, no 30mph wind for you? hehe

having played golf in FL a few times now, I'm surprised to see the amount of slope, hills, undulations, etc on the course from what pics you snapped. and the trees look like they're standing straight up, what, no 30mph wind for you? hehe

Nope, very little wind at all yesterday. But certain areas in the middle of the state (Clermont, some of Orlando, etc.) have some elevation changes. This one had MORE than I have encountered in most of FL.

That's what a lot of courses around here look like, minus the palms and lack of mountains. I'm sure you'll play it much better Tuesday. Fwiw, I have a hard time believing it wasn't windy.......

That's what a lot of courses around here look like, minus the palms and lack of mountains. I'm sure you'll play it much better Tuesday. Fwiw, I have a hard time believing it wasn't windy.......

You may need to visit fl again. In fact there was very little wind during the first spring outing.

This one with lots of wind would be incredibly hard.

You may need to visit fl again. In fact there was very little wind during the first spring outing.

This one with lots of wind would be incredibly hard.

don't worry, i plan on it!

again, thanks for taking the time out to snap some pics. tell tim i said hello and i hope to see him at the 2011 outing.

tell tim i said hello and i hope to see him at the 2011 outing.

He said he was definitely coming. Hoping to get one of the other guys I played with to come as well.

Yesterday JB and I played Bella Collina. What a great day we had. That course is possibly the hardest course I've played in Florida. Who knew there were hills in Florida? This place was extremely hilly with sloping fairways. Every shot was on an angled lie. If that wasn't enough, there were gigantic fairway bunkers everywhere. Then, there were the greens. They were huge but fast and "undulating" (hope I spelled that right). Just try to stop your ball if you were on the high side. The good news....no water hazards. All in all.....a great test of golf. Had a wonderful time playing with JB and 2 other great guys from the area. And by the way, I used my new driver for the first time (Cleveland XL270) and hit it great. Possibly the finest driver ever!

Got to play Bella Collina over the past few days and I must say it was outstanding. It's by far one of the toughest courses I've played in recent memory, and I was thrilled to shoot in the low 80's. The course was in outstanding condition with the exception of a small tine punch a week ago on the greens, but they still rolled nicely. The elevation changes are refreshing, coming from the mid atlantic I'm kind of used to some hills and there are some hills on this track! The myster ball saved my ass here because hitting some of those greens in reg is very difficult. all in all I loved the course and will be hitting it again in a few weeks, I like this one alot!

Back