The things you see in small towns.

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
I had an appointment in Orrick, MO tonight. Orrick is where forum member MO_Hacker lives. I filled up my tank when I got there and got a kick out of the sign on thepump about pre-paying. I sent him a text laughing about it, and he said "I have never had to pre-pay!" I also went to see him after the appointment and we talked for about an hour or so. He's doing great. He has been spending most of his free time racing cars, which is why he has been scarce around here lately. But hopefully he can drop in from time to time.

Anyhow, here is the gas pump at the Orrick, MO Sinclair station:

Spoiler
0534ed71.jpg

I haven't seen any signs like that on pumps around here... but they might as well have them on there because the same thing pretty much applies.

hahahaha wow. That town must be tiny!

Lol.

There are about 10 places where I could get away without pre-paying, but if I don't have my debit card, I always do.

Haha, nice. This is how it is for me back home too, but I always use a card so I never prepay.

Too funny!! I live in a small town south of Houston, when I go to the store up the street the man that owns the place always says "how are you Mr. Tim"

lol. Being from Marshall, MO, this does not surprise me at all.... :cowboy:

Haha, see lots of funny signs in Mo. I lived about 10 years in Lamar, SW Mo, and remember getting our first stop light in 1998. It was the first one in the county and may still be the only one, lol.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Man I love small towns, this post kinda makes me a little homesick.

BTW reconginze vs recognize

LOL! They must have figured one of the two spelling was correct, but they were unfortunately wrong.

One of the crazy things you'll see in a small town is......ME! I live in a small town!

Haha, see lots of funny signs in Mo. I lived about 10 years in Lamar, SW Mo, and remember getting our first stop light in 1998. It was the first one in the county and may still be the only one, lol.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Hey, Due, I was born in Nevada, Mo just up 71 from Lamar. You guys just followed Nevada's lead when we got our stop lights in the 70's. Of course Lamar was always a little slow on the uptake!

That's still better then the moron who set up the gas station down the street from my place. Tell me, which way do you put your credit card in the slot?
a6cd0b2f-bf3b-b7ac.jpg

I tapped that.

That is hysterical. Next time I go to my in-laws, I will look for something like that. They live in a 1 stop light town in rural NC.

Hey, Due, I was born in Nevada, Mo just up 71 from Lamar. You guys just followed Nevada's lead when we got our stop lights in the 70's. Of course Lamar was always a little slow on the uptake!

Hey, that's pretty cool. Spent a lot of time in Nevada. Lamar is cutting edge now, they even have a McDonald's, haha

Tap,Tap,Tap

Around here if you use cash, pre-pay is a must. If you don't, the chashier won't turn the pump on unless you use credit.

Doesn't matter, there's a reader on both sides of the slot.

Exactly. I see that on probably 75% or more of the pumps anywhere I go.

The town I grew up in has one gas station that still has the old style pumps. Doesnt even have a digit read out for the gas price. They list the prices on the main sign for the station. I am not sure if they even are able to prepay. I haev always paid after even with my credit card because they dont have card readers on the pumps.

the town i grew up in has a locally owned gas station, where the owner dislikes when you used credit/debit because of the fees he is charged!
i don't know what his problem his....in that small town, he's more than likely a millionaire!
but it's just funny that he really expects you to pay for gas in cash! with gas at $3-$4/gal, i don't normally carry around $40 - $60 in cash just for the heck of it.
and seeing as this is a golf forum, it bugs me that some old courses still don't have credit/debit machines.
it's tough to pay 18 and a cart when you travel and don't carry wads of cash around...

Back