The Car Shopping Thread

Ok just throwing out some ideas for my personalized plate... The ones I like so far are

FROGS SS
RIBIT SS

Or I'm leaning towards this...

1d57490ef4771671c876fa14fc3f842c.jpg

Thoughts??? Choice has to be made tomorrow.

370H55V

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im thinking 370 is the ci or close to it but the rest im lost at.

image.plate

haha that Par Fore is great!!

Test drove the '13 GS 350 F-sport....hooked. I'll be ready to buy come Aug/Sept, which should work out great since the 2013 model year was released mid-2012 so all the 36 month lease returns will be hitting the cert pre-owned market at about that time.

http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/636779591/overview/

Oh heck yes...

I needed a truck. I didn't want another car payment, so I picked up a 2004 Ram 1500 that is about as base model as you can get. Rubber floor mats, manual locks and windows and a 5 speed. I forgot how much fun it can be to drive something that's completely bare bones.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

hey guys, I was watching a documentary yesterday on alternative fuels and realised that my Ford Focus has a flex fuel badge on it, does this mean I could be using ethanol in it? can it damage the engine? is it worth it?

I am not sure if I can find ethanol around here, but I will be driving down to pittsburgh next week and am willing tot ry it if I can find any

LOL :cool: What are the odds someone at the BMV would see that and let it through?

There was actually a story on the news here where a guy had that plate for years and they finally figured it out and made him change it.

hey guys, I was watching a documentary yesterday on alternative fuels and realised that my Ford Focus has a flex fuel badge on it, does this mean I could be using ethanol in it? can it damage the engine? is it worth it?

I am not sure if I can find ethanol around here, but I will be driving down to pittsburgh next week and am willing tot ry it if I can find any

http://www.kiplinger.com/article/cars/T050-C011-S001-will-flex-fuel-save-you-money.html

Probably not worth it for savings, unless gas is way higher in Canada. I know there were problems in early Flex fuel vehicles with some rubber type parts failing under Ethanol, but I bet those have been corrected 10 years later.

There was actually a story on the news here where a guy had that plate for years and they finally figured it out and made him change it.

I know Ohio has really cracked down on personalized plates and plates in general. There was a story years ago about a woman that got upset after realizing what her random letter/number combo plate said when broken down. "BL04SX" was her plate. People were honking at her and all kinds of things apparently. It's funny that it was just a randomly assigned combo. The BMV stepped up and gave her new plates and since then have cracked down on the vanity plates and the random plates too. I see some vanity plates and can't figure them out so I just go about my day scratching my head.

I needed a truck. I didn't want another car payment, so I picked up a 2004 Ram 1500 that is about as base model as you can get. Rubber floor mats, manual locks and windows and a 5 speed. I forgot how much fun it can be to drive something that's completely bare bones.

Im a big fan of base models. I have no need or desire for all the gadgets that most people seem to think they need in a vehicle nowdays.

Im a big fan of base models. I have no need or desire for all the gadgets that most people seem to think they need in a vehicle nowdays.

After driving a base model Saturn Ion with power nothing for the last 9 years... I'm ready for some bells and whistles. Mostly because I'm tired of the kids and passengers forgetting to lock their doors.

After driving a base model Saturn Ion with power nothing for the last 9 years... I'm ready for some bells and whistles. Mostly because I'm tired of the kids and passengers forgetting to lock their doors.

I get annoyed everytime I shop for cars, I want certain upgrades, stereo, cosmetic upgrades like rims and aero packages etc, and so often these options are tied to packages that bring you bells and whistles like Nav and back up cameras and blind spot warnings.

I don't need help driving, I want to look good and some comforts.

I get annoyed everytime I shop for cars, I want certain upgrades, stereo, cosmetic upgrades like rims and aero packages etc, and so often these options are tied to packages that bring you bells and whistles like Nav and back up cameras and blind spot warnings.

All I really want in my next car to be honest are power windows and locks, plus easy iPod integration. I don't need the cameras or lane warnings or all that jazz.

When my wife and I were looking at cars for her last spring, one company told her she couldn't get blind spot monitoring unless she upgraded to the model with a v8.

We had a Cadillac last year in Arizona and it was a obnoxious trying to drive with all that automatic crap.

Windshield wipers doing what they wanted, beeps, lights, etc.

It got to the point I didn't even wanna drive anywhere . You obviously have the option to turn all this garbage off but it's still annoying you have to pay for it .

We had a Cadillac last year in Arizona and it was a obnoxious trying to drive with all that automatic crap.

Windshield wipers doing what they wanted, beeps, lights, etc.

It got to the point I didn't even wanna drive anywhere . You obviously have the option to turn all this garbage off but it's still annoying you have to pay for it .

Only if you paid extra for the option to turn all those options off. :banana:

Spoiler is done!!

Before...

9ae664383ce8b1ba825cea2ff674e311.jpg

During...

8464bb3fcbf5705e6f998770b71eea9c.jpg

After...

1ad8b5c83c52ef093a5c5545b104bbee.jpg

Looks awesome!

I was skeptical Frog, but it looks good man.

From the rear...

ff322df4c7ca78e70cf668e1aa9d230a.jpg

Bow ties and SS emblem next week. Then exhaust!!

Back