We have spent millions of bicycle lanes, yet they still insist on using lanes designed for cars. And they would never dream of stoping at a red light or stop sign, it is a huge problem here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cyclists need to follow the rules of the road just like anyone else. Roads are not designed for cars though, they're designed for all forms of transportation with a set of rules, which should be followed by any form of transportation using them.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Cyclists need to follow the rules of the road just like anyone else. Roads are not designed for cars though, they're designed for all forms of transportation with a set of rules, which should be followed by any form of transportation using them.

I hear you there, the ones here seem to think they run the city. As our mayor is a cyclist he wants the whole city to be bike free. That will never happen ever

I hear you there, the ones here seem to think they run the city. As our mayor is a cyclist he wants the whole city to be bike free. That will never happen ever

Car free is unrealistic in North American design. The best cities are those that find away to offer reliable options to their residents.

I hate bad driver, hate them with everything I have. People that drive below the speed limit in the left hand lane. People that don't signal when they turn. People that feel the turn signal means you have to let them in. On occasion I get upset but it geranally is due to an already sour mood. With kids in the car most of the time, I can't afford to deal with the stupidity of those that drive around me.

When you ride a motorcycle you get used to people being stupid .

It's whatever. There's no point in getting upset , especially these days when you're likely to get shot or worse.

Sometimes, I think road rage may be a city thing versus a country thing. My wife was born and raised in the city, while I grew up in a rural mountain community. Put my rather calm wife behind the steering wheel and there is a transformation of sorts. It seems that for city folks everything must be fast paced and low to the one that slows them down. Country folks are more slow paced, we just mosey along, we'll get there. When going somewhere together, the wife won't let me drive, she claims I'm too slow and it just frustrates her. Maybe city life mandates a certain aggressiveness, while rural isolation mandates cooperation.

Sometimes, I think road rage may be a city thing versus a country thing. My wife was born and raised in the city, while I grew up in a rural mountain community. Put my rather calm wife behind the steering wheel and there is a transformation of sorts. It seems that for city folks everything must be fast paced and low to the one that slows them down. Country folks are more slow paced, we just mosey along, we'll get there. When going somewhere together, the wife won't let me drive, she claims I'm too slow and it just frustrates her. Maybe city life mandates a certain aggressiveness, while rural isolation mandates cooperation.

Certain this is true . My father grew up in Philly and boy when we would venture into cities like Chicago or New York there was a transformation.

I honestly thought I was going to die more than once how aggressive he was driving. But he had to otherwise we never would have got anywhere .

I am more likely to road rage in the rural community I live in than in a city. Get behind a tractor pulling a planter in town with zero opportunity to pass (since he is 2 lanes wide). That'll aggravate me. Or maybe all the people who don't use their turn signal, while I wait for them to go by so I can turn.

But the newest thing I've noticed is people passing me, and then slowing down. It seems to happen about once per week, and I'm not sure if their cars just don't have cruise control or how they could pass me, and then slow down to make me pass them.

I also don't like drivers from Kansas or Nebraska, because they don't know how to drive when there is a slope in the road. And while we are at it, Illinois can please stop speeding heavily through my state.

~Rock

Between riding a motorcycle, driving fire trucks and now semis I've seen almost all of the dumb things people do.

I just use fupreseti favorite line shake it off shake it off!

As long as you don't run me off the road or hit me I don't care.

I will warm you if you break check someone and they wreck you can be charged with assault. I've seen it happen here with our state patrol.

Between riding a motorcycle, driving fire trucks and now semis I've seen almost all of the dumb things people do.

I just use fupreseti favorite line shake it off shake it off!

As long as you don't run me off the road or hit me I don't care.

I will warm you if you break check someone and they wreck you can be charged with assault. I've seen it happen here with our state patrol.

I road a motorcycle for several years during my youth. Sometimes, I think people should be required to ride a motorcycle before they can get a license to drive a car. Perhaps they would have a differing attitude behind the wheel.

I hate bad driver, hate them with everything I have. People that drive below the speed limit in the left hand lane. People that don't signal when they turn. People that feel the turn signal means you have to let them in. On occasion I get upset but it geranally is due to an already sour mood. With kids in the car most of the time, I can't afford to deal with the stupidity of those that drive around me.

Ditto on all counts. It is so frustrating to deal with at times expecially when I need to be somewhere at a certain time.

I'm convinced that everyone else has their driver's license just to piss me off.

A couple weeks ago I was driving home from work around 4:15 - lots of traffic at that time. Two cyclists start passing people at a red light, one on the left and one on the right. Light turns green, car in front of me has his right signal on and starts accelerating (cyclists are at full speed because they are special and don't have to worry about pesky red lights)... and of course has to slam on his brakes to avoid hitting the cyclist as he's trying to make a right turn.

I was livid just watching it.

A couple weeks ago I was driving home from work around 4:15 - lots of traffic at that time. Two cyclists start passing people at a red light, one on the left and one on the right. Light turns green, car in front of me has his right signal on and starts accelerating (cyclists are at full speed because they are special and don't have to worry about pesky red lights)... and of course has to slam on his brakes to avoid hitting the cyclist as he's trying to make a right turn.

I was livid just watching it.

The bike messengers in the city are a real treat. I've seen them run into people numerous times, causing all kinds of injuries. It's like they've all watched Quicksilver one too many times.

I've lived in a lot of states and for me the worst of the worst are drivers from IL. Example, I am driving on the toll road (I90) and I'm about 10 miles from the toll, dude in front of me in his 80's Ford pickup decides it would be funny to toss empty beer bottles out his window. His aim was terrible and he missed everyone. I decided it was a 911 related offense, gave them a call and reported the make, model, plate etc. I get to the toll and there is one of IL's finest screaming at the driver of the pickup. Gave me a good chuckle.

That's funny, because I view Motorcyclist in Florida as complete idiots. They cut between traffic, ride the center of two lanes to pass and feel that they should be given special rights. I say they obey the laws like everyone else and they won't get hit.
When you ride a motorcycle you get used to people being stupid .

It's whatever. There's no point in getting upset , especially these days when you're likely to get shot or worse.

That's funny, because I view Motorcyclist in Florida as complete idiots. They cut between traffic, ride the center of two lanes to pass and feel that they should be given special rights. I say they obey the laws like everyone else and they won't get hit.

Are they riding those Ninja bikes are they on cruisers, like a Harley. Typically, riders on cruisers are just cruising down the road and riding rather safely. But you are correct, some of the youngsters on Ninja bikes are just plain nuts.

It's all types of riders. They just have no regard for the traffic laws. And I only see this behavior in Florida. No place else Have I witnessed such dangerous riding.
Are they riding those Ninja bikes are they on cruisers, like a Harley. Typically, riders on cruisers are just cruising down the road and riding rather safely. But you are correct, some of the youngsters on Ninja bikes are just plain nuts.

It's all types of riders. They just have no regard for the traffic laws. And I only see this behavior in Florida. No place else Have I witnessed such dangerous riding.

I really don't know how to explain that. Maybe all those retirees figure they've lived long enough and want to go out with some excitement and a bang.

Anyone that can stay calm while driving on a daily basis I commend you wholeheartedly. That is something I don't posses but wish I did. I don't do anything with my road rage or ever do something outwardly to the other person, but I do let it get to me and yell a lot in my car haha.

I also figured out the other day based on how long my commute to work SHOULD take vs how long it actually does, that bad drivers cost me nearly 2 weeks of my life every year in extra drive time simply because they can't pay attention and follow the rules of the road. That infuriates me. I know I need a whole lot of woosah in my life but right now it's a struggle haha.

Anyone that can stay calm while driving on a daily basis I commend you wholeheartedly. That is something I don't posses but wish I did. I don't do anything with my road rage or ever do something outwardly to the other person, but I do let it get to me and yell a lot in my car haha.

I also figured out the other day based on how long my commute to work SHOULD take vs how long it actually does, that bad drivers cost me nearly 2 weeks of my life every year in extra drive time simply because they can't pay attention and follow the rules of the road. That infuriates me. I know I need a whole lot of woosah in my life but right now it's a struggle haha.
My girlfriend says that the only time she has ever seen me yell is when I am driving. Hahaha

Driving in the left lane below the speed limit is just not smart driving.

I really can't stand people who speed up to get around me and then promptly slow down when they do get in front of me.

As for use of directionals, living in Boston for 10 years has prepared me for just about anything.

Remember some states have laws giving motorcycles the right to ride in between lanes as well as bicyclists. Just FYI

Just rode behind a blue hair doing 35 on a country road in a 50. I chuckled thought of this thread and cruised right behind her.

I drive the DC Beltway everyday. I'm numb to it anymore. I spend a lot of time thinking about my golf game, and unwinding.

bf8b5421bdab1fc5cf8e0ba13eb4827a.jpg

There are definitely a few things that grind my gears on the road. I don't understand why people don't use cruise control on the freeway or be aware enough to not trap you behind a slow truck when you were courteous enough to move over for them.

I had a moment of weakness this past weekend. I'm about to pass a truck while going 75 on the freeway and a new Charger flys by on the right and cuts in front of me barely missing my bumper. I proceed to give a friendly wave and the other dude did not like it and waved back. So I just kept waving and the guy started to be a douche by posturing to let me get next to him. I exited and waited a minute to let him get ahead. Wife was pissed and I should have left it alone, people endangering my family just pisses me off.

Back