Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Interesting...

Well that's... interesting to say the least. Seems a bit distracting with the green.

Interesting...

Whoa. For the colour AND GMac changing.

I saw the pic on Twitter and was a bit surprised with the colour, but if it works then who are we to critique his choice

• Staff
Well that's... interesting to say the least. Seems a bit distracting with the green.

Since you don't see the face at setup, not sure it would be a distraction.

Whoa. For the colour AND GMac changing.

The change is surprising. Not working out it seems this weekend, but still. Seems Cleveland is all in on this insert path.

I saw the pic on Twitter and was a bit surprised with the colour, but if it works then who are we to critique his choice

It reminds me a LOT of Srixon's yellow golf balls. Probably not a bad connection to be made.

It reminds me a LOT of Srixon's yellow golf balls. Probably not a bad connection to be made.

Now that you mention it, I see where you are coming from and it never crossed my mind

The change is surprising. Not working out it seems this weekend, but still. Seems Cleveland is all in on this insert path.

After reviewing the latest Classic series with insert, I'm glad to see it. I'll own up openly refusing to game their former classic offerings based on what I deemed to be awful and/or cheap sound off the putter face. Add an insert and it changes the game entirely, as well as introducing really positive end over end roll on the golf ball.

Go all in Cleveland. You have my vote.

After reviewing the latest Classic series with insert, I'm glad to see it. I'll own up openly refusing to game their former classic offerings based on what I deemed to be awful and/or cheap sound off the putter face. Add an insert and it changes the game entirely, as well as introducing really positive end over end roll on the golf ball.

Go all in Cleveland. You have my vote.

I still say you're crazy for your thoughts on the face milled models. Outside of that tacky ass face engraving, its a hell of a line of really good performing putters.

But I still love you.

Whoa.... I want one.

I still say you're crazy for your thoughts on the face milled models. Outside of that tacky ass face engraving, its a hell of a line of really good performing putters.

But I still love you.

hahahaha the beauty of to each their own. Absolutely!

So they just created a copy of his #7 Mallet? Not knocking it, but wonder why it took this long.

So they just created a copy of his #7 Mallet? Not knocking it, but wonder why it took this long.

Willing to bet the change has something to do with the insert.

Not really, dude. I don't think the 10i is anything new to the Cleveland collection.

resizer.php

This is the first thought I had when I saw it on Twitter yesterday, think he will be switch to the yellow ball?

And I want that putter. Looks sick, I love it!

He loves the insert.

MY EYES!!!

I know you don't really see the insert at set up but...damn, really? Of all the colors in the spectrum why did they go with this one?

Could be worse. They could use the same color in driver, irons, shoes, clothes and hats...Oh wait, someone already did that.

MY EYES!!!

I know you don't really see the insert at set up but...damn, really? Of all the colors in the spectrum why did they go with this one?

Because its Tour Yellow, and that is a big thing for them with the Srixon golf balls.

Plus it makes people talk, and whether its talk for it or against it, talking is good overall.

Volt is the new orange.

I like the change, it's nice to see Cleveland putters out on tour.

Yeah, that one still confuses me. Kind of hard to hit a driver when you're forced to wear one of these...

Desktop-welding-mask.jpg
I imagine you're just trying to make a point but it sounds an awful lot like the white naysayers from years ago.

I love the companies who aren't afraid to use colour go for it. For cleveland I think this one is a win.

I bet if seemore made it they would be out of stock already

Not sure I follow, Dan. I was being a little tongue-and-cheek about the Nike color scheme. Truthfully it's not the worst I've seen and they are making it work for them. The yellow insert on Gmac's putter is an odd combination, though. Again, my opinion, but if you're into that then by all means go for it. I've got nothing against anyone implementing some new color schemes into their lineup. It's a VERY different move for Cleveland and it's not my cup of tea but they are obviously marketing to more than just myself and it appears that some on here like it well enough to buy one so I'd say that is mission accomplished on their part.
Again though, with the srixon emphasis on tour yellow, is it that different?

I like the putter. It has that Rossie shape he liked from Odyssey and that face isn't visible at address. If the insert is legit and is similar to the white hot, then Cleveland might have something here esp with their price points

Back