What to wear based on age

annsguy

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My3Kids
I read great reviews about brands like TM, Linksoul, Puma and others and love how they look. My issue is that I think I am out of the age demo for these lines.(Mid 50s) I tend to feel safer with Peter Millar,Antiqua,Greg Norman, Ashworth FJ,I have been a sales rep in the apparel industry and understand this stuff a bit. I assume these younger trending brands probably are cut for a slimmer body. I am fit but God does make some alterations as we age.
Anyone else feel that way.

I wear what I feel comfortable in, I don't think age has anything to do with it.

The correct answer to what to wear based on age...

...whatever the hell you want. As a grown man, you've earned the right to make your own decisions.

Wear what you want... that said, the guy in the "Get fitted" commercial shows up with head to toe orange, is getting laughed at all day, every day, twice on Sundays...

I understand what you mean, I just can't see myself in the 'custom fit ricky orange' lol. Give me simple clothes and I'll make them look good. But then again if the wife lays it out you can bet I'm wearing it.

Im not sure LinkSoul really fits in the category, because much of their stuff is very classic looking. I mean the brand originates from Ashworth which is completely classic. Heck I think that and the others listed are every bit as classic in many of their lines than Antigua is.

Wear whatever you like and what's comfortable. As long as you are happy with the choices then go for it.

I understand where your coming from. I find that I'm a more classic / traditional kind of dresser on the course. However As time goes on I find that I'm branching out more and more. Different clothing lines are age discriminate, it's more the age of the retailer is bias toward what they've done for years. It's kind of fun to go out on that perverbial limb from time to time.

Now in my 50's, I still have and wear shirts I wore in my 30's. But I am the oddball here that absolutely refuses to wear any of that dry fit polyester stuff. If it is not 100% cotton, it is not in my closet (the ONLY exception being slacks I HAVE to wear for work). What what you want period!

I read great reviews about brands like TM, Linksoul, Puma and others and love how they look. My issue is that I think I am out of the age demo for these lines.(Mid 50s) I tend to feel safer with Peter Millar,Antiqua,Greg Norman, Ashworth FJ,I have been a sales rep in the apparel industry and understand this stuff a bit. I assume these younger trending brands probably are cut for a slimmer body. I am fit but God does make some alterations as we age.

I'm 27 and tend to dress on the classic side of the golf attire spectrum. Not to say I don't own a few colorful shirts, but primarily I'm pretty basic since I just like the clean classic look. Just wear what you want, you'll be fine.

I see what you are getting at, but I agree with JB, Linksoul and even TM to me have alot of understated classic getups. If the cuts work for your build then I see now reason not to wear it. I don't see any reason you can't wear louder clothes, but if thats not your thing then Puma would certainly be tougher.

Now in my 50's, I still have and wear shirts I wore in my 30's. But I am the oddball here that absolutely refuses to wear any of that dry fit polyester stuff. If it is not 100% cotton, it is not in my closet (the ONLY exception being slacks I HAVE to wear for work). What what you want period!
I do not get that. 100% cotton shirts do not agree with me on the course.

That is my point. I never gave it a thought when I was younger. Truth is I am not too worried about it now. Just was wondering what others felt.
Wear what you want... that said, the guy in the "Get fitted" commercial shows up with head to toe orange, is getting laughed at all day, every day, twice on Sundays...

I hear you.That is probably why we both like :wilsonstaff:.It is fun to go off road sometimes.Of course I am old enough that I knew Wilson when it was #1.Times change.
I understand where your coming from. I find that I'm a more classic / traditional kind of dresser on the course. However As time goes on I find that I'm branching out more and more. Different clothing lines are age discriminate, it's more the age of the retailer is bias toward what they've done for years. It's kind of fun to go out on that perverbial limb from time to time.

The color of Gatorade I drink always matches my shirt.

Good info. I actually stopped by their office last time I was in California. What nice people. I don't know the depth of their line like you would but it is nice.I own one of their T-shirts which I love.
Im not sure LinkSoul really fits in the category, because much of their stuff is very classic looking. I mean the brand originates from Ashworth which is completely classic. Heck I think that and the others listed are every bit as classic in many of their lines than Antigua is.

I think there are some lines that might target a younger demographic, but every line has what I would call "conservative" patterns/offerings. Puma I found ran a touch small so I just went up a size. For me personally I like Nike's apparel line. You can find traditional colors as well as a more "youthful" look of you want.

I'm the same as you Kevin (although 5 years older) but I used to be a navy shirt and Khacki type guy even in my 30's.

I've now got a couple bright Puma shirts that I like and have tried to get out of my comfort zone a bit more in recent years.

I'll be dressing in Puma shirts when I'm in my 70's if I'm still around!

I hear you.That is probably why we both like :wilsonstaff:.It is fun to go off road sometimes.Of course I am old enough that I knew Wilson when it was #1.Times change.

He is sponsored by Wilson Staff in #THPLegacy.

He is sponsored by Wilson Staff in #THPLegacy.
Yes, and it's been an eye opening experience getting to know them. And all for the good I may add.

I think this says a lot right here. Wear what fits well. But also wear what you like.

I'm not exactly in their target demographic but I still wear Puma apparel all the time. It is superb. Bottoms are cut more forgiving than tops, IMO. Sligo slacks are great.

Its funny how much marketing plays a role. Take Puma for example. The talk is being laughed at wearing all orange. Puma has something like 48 shirts in line and only a single shirt is orange.

Back