Has anyone tried the forged Vokey wedges?

Floppy

Reaction score
My wedges are ancient ('08 for the 54/60, possibly even older on the 50). I have never hit anyone else's wedges as well as I've hit my Vokeys. As bad as I've wanted to game some Mizunos or Callaways, I just never hit them as well as the Vokeys. At the same time, I want to try some forged wedges.

I stumbled upon these "cold forged" Vokey wedges, which apparently are a Japan-only release. They're expensive, but I'm a sucker for cool wedges. Has anyone tried them? I can't find a real review on them anywhere. Just curious about anyone's thoughts on them that have played them.

dM2r5MG.png

Yup. Have one here that was a gift. Cant tell the difference between this and the regular Vokeys. Still prefer a few others, but Titleist makes some solid options.

Yup. Have one here that was a gift. Cant tell the difference between this and the regular Vokeys. Still prefer a few others, but Titleist makes some solid options.

I guess if they feel and perform the same as the regular Vokeys, it isn't worth it. I'd pay a bit extra because I think they look better to the eye, but not $50 extra. Thanks for the input!

I guess if they feel and perform the same as the regular Vokeys, it isn't worth it. I'd pay a bit extra because I think they look better to the eye, but not $50 extra. Thanks for the input!

For $50 extra I'd say go for it...they do look cool!

OTOH, it's really easy to spend other people's money. :egyptian:

It's a pretty wedge for sure, but one could just buy a regular vokey and play a round with the other 50 bucks?

It's a pretty wedge for sure, but one could just buy a regular vokey and play a round with the other 50 bucks?

Over the span of a few years, what would be better in the long run -- the coolor looking wedge, or that one round? :p

Then again, I'd eventually have to get 3 of them, which would be $150 extra total.

My name is Floppy and I'm addicted to golf clubs.

Over the span of a few years, what would be better in the long run -- the coolor looking wedge, or that one round? :p

Then again, I'd eventually have to get 3 of them, which would be $150 extra total.

My name is Floppy and I'm addicted to golf clubs.

Make an ace in that round and you tell me hehe

Or if stuck on forged, a 588 Precision Forged for less money and have a fantastic wedge.

Or if stuck on forged, a 588 Precision Forged for less money and have a fantastic wedge.

Oh man, that wedge is stellar.

I don't know anything about them, but the one in the picture is gorgeous.

I'm bummed. Wedges don't really Rev my engines.

I'm bummed. Wedges don't really Rev my engines.

I'm with you. seems like more than any other club, the only way to get out of a wedge what we want (mainly spin and control around the greens) is like 90% technique maybe even more. so all the wedge hype comes across as puffery and marketing, though I'm probably wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guess it shows how people differ. If I could, I'd carry 14 wedges. :D
Buy a 1i-PW set of blades and a 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges. I'm sure you could effectively putt with a 1 iron! I know I could....

I really don't see how my Vokey's could feel any softer...J/K they aren't forged so they are hard as a rock :alien:

But I don't see the point of these, and I love one off's or special edition anything. I mean heck I have these:

sm5_indigo_54-10S.jpg

They were a little more for being "special edition", but I just don't see the point to a basically identical looking chrome wedge just because it's forged. IMO they are not worth it, but it's your money and if forged wedges would be something cool to have for you, go for it!

Buy a 1i-PW set of blades and a 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges. I'm sure you could effectively putt with a 1 iron! I know I could....

Might as well, because the ball sure as hell wouldn't be leaving the ground!

Back